SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:48 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
From former Judge Quirk's facebook page this morning:

In other words, obey the laws of your government. If the government that God put over you goes against God's doctrine, let Him handle it, it's not your job. If you do as your government says, you won't be judged for the decisions your government made, because you are still doing God's word.
And love your neighbor above all. Not judge, ridicule, criticize, or ostracize them, but love them, to the fullest capacity you are capable of loving anyone. Don't commit wrongful acts, don't disobey God's words, but love one another and follow your government."
I agree that we need to obey Constitutional laws. But there is no Christian duty to obey unConstitutional laws or laws that attempt people of faith to violate their own consciences.

If your neighbor's house is on fire, love means telling him ...

If your neighbor's eternity is headed for fire, love means telling him ...

Further, in our Constitutional Republic, each citizen has a right and duty to participate in government by voting and by exercising Constitutional rights to advocate for good government to do a better job carrying out Romans 13. Shall we advocate for policies that will likely bring great harm, stay silent and let the harm come, or work hard advocating for policies that reflect what is right?

Interpreting Romans 13 as if "it must be right because it comes from government" ignores history, ignores Scripture itself, and is very foolish.

There are many examples of people of faith being praised in Scripture for disobedience to laws and decrees of government that try and force people of faith to violate their consciences.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Being a red-blooded Merican.
Naw man. Shows that the constitution still works. Wal mart and Amazon got to express their rights of freedom. They are free to sell or not sell what they want and we are free to not shop there. We are free to buy a billboard and tell everyone to boycott them if we want through our freedom of speech

And the gay thing shouldnt bother anyone everyone is supposed to be equal per the constitution and now they are. It wasn't too long ago that women and blacks couldn't vote and that caused a huge uproar as well. It will all be fine
Old 06-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I agree that we need to obey Constitutional laws. But there is no Christian duty to obey unConstitutional laws or laws that attempt people of faith to violate their own consciences.
Like what? No none is making anyone be gay. And no one is making priests marry gay couples. You don't need to be a priest to marry someone

There has always been gays even before the bible. It's even common in the animal kingdom. No one chooses to be gay. They didn't just up and decide to be gay one day
Old 06-28-2015, 09:55 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Like what? No none is making anyone be gay. And no one is making priests marry gay couples. You don't need to be a priest to marry someone
Are you really ignorant of people of faith in states where gay marriage has been legal for a while having negative legal consequences for refusing to bake cakes for homosexual weddings, refusing to host homosexual weddings in their facilities, or otherwise refusing to participate in homosexual weddings?
Old 06-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Angry

Quote:
Naw man. Shows that the constitution still works. Wal mart and Amazon got to express their rights of freedom. They are free to sell or not sell what they want and we are free to not shop there. We are free to buy a billboard and tell everyone to boycott them if we want through our freedom of speech

And the gay thing shouldnt bother anyone everyone is supposed to be equal per the constitution and now they are. It wasn't too long ago that women and blacks couldn't vote and that caused a huge uproar as well. It will all be fine
The gay marriage does not bother me, what does bother me is the politicians and media using the South Carolina shooting to push their agenda and gain momentum.

I understand that some people find the Confederate flag offensive, but the Confederate flag didn't pull the trigger in the S. Carolina church; a whacko nut job pulled the trigger.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:42 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Are you really ignorant of people of faith in states where gay marriage has been legal for a while having negative legal consequences for refusing to bake cakes for homosexual weddings, refusing to host homosexual weddings in their facilities, or otherwise refusing to participate in homosexual weddings?
EXACTLY. A business owner should be able to serve or not serve a person or persons for any reason they choose without legal reprocussion. That unfortunately is not the case. This just opens the door to a very slippery slope I think.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Why do 9 unelected people on some court 1,000 miles away from here get to force our state into compliance with social issues the vast majority of Louisianans do not consider natural, normal or healthy. If Californians want to legalize heroine and bestiality I could care less, but don't trample on our state's rights. The founders NEVER intended for our central government to be this powerful
Old 06-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
Why do 9 unelected people on some court 1,000 miles away from here get to force our state into compliance with social issues the vast majority of Louisianans do not consider natural, normal or healthy. If Californians want to legalize heroine and bestiality I could care less, but don't trample on our state's rights. The founders NEVER intended for our central government to be this powerful

Let's not forget that even California, the most liberal state in the country, voted Against same sex marriage by the people of the state. Only to be overturned by the courts. So apparently it doesn't matter what the majority of the country thinks either. I don't like where things are headed.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Ling

Quote:
What happened at a bakery in Ireland is not really what worries me
Old 06-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
EXACTLY. A business owner should be able to serve or not serve a person or persons for any reason they choose without legal reprocussion. That unfortunately is not the case. This just opens the door to a very slippery slope I think.
Exactly. That is why we shouldn't be upset with Walmart or amazons decision.

I can still run down to the Walmart and buy a shotgun or rifle, some ammo, and a case of beer and a handle of whiskey if I want. thats murica right there baw
Old 06-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Based on the supreme court's ruling using the 14 amendment as their reasoning I guess now we should be able to carry our firearms in every state. Inhibiting me from being able to protect myself most certainly denies me my right of life and liberty.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:02 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Let's not forget that even California, the most liberal state in the country, voted Against same sex marriage by the people of the state. Only to be overturned by the courts. So apparently it doesn't matter what the majority of the country thinks either. I don't like where things are headed.
It is up to the courts which upheld the constitution that states we were all created equal. All men and women are equal blacks,, whites, Hispanics, heteros, gays, etc. in order to be " equal" everyone should be able to do the same things as everyone else. That includes voting, marriage, and even freedom to practice their religion

Straight men even have the freedom to wear skinny jeans
Old 06-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

You only have rights if it agrees with their agenda. It's going to get worse guys.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post

before long store owners will be made to serve people with no shirt of shoes on.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

Whats funny is people hate Muslims for putting there religious beliefs before the laws of the land then turn around and say we should put the bible before the laws of the land. To me Muslims and Christians sound more alike than different.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
Whats funny is people hate Muslims for putting there religious beliefs before the laws of the land then turn around and say we should put the bible before the laws of the land. To me Muslims and Christians sound more alike than different.
The big difference is us as Christians just want the Govt to stay out of our religious beliefs. The muslims want to kill anyone who doesn't believe as they do. Our country was founded on religion and the "laws of the land" were founded on Biblical principals. Man has changed these laws to fit his agenda since
Old 06-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post

So I guess Christians are taught to kill people in the name of God? I must of missed that class at my catholic elementary and high school.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:25 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Are you really ignorant of the fact that it has happened to bakers in Colorado and Oregon? Photographers and florists and wedding chapels in the US have also had their freedom of conscience violated in states where homosexual marriage is legal.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/26/christi...r-gay-wedding/
Old 06-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
The bakery was in Colorado.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Ling

Quote:
Are you really ignorant of the fact that it has happened to bakers in Colorado and Oregon? Photographers and florists and wedding chapels in the US have also had their freedom of conscience violated in states where homosexual marriage is legal.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/26/christi...r-gay-wedding/
Guess I shouldn't have deleted that chain email

Another great thing about America is the right to an appeal