SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

It's not "News" worthy if Hurricane smashes into SETX and SWLA because it's filled with middle class citizens who handled their business; not enough drama for the politicians and news.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

I certainly understand the feelings of you guys in the west when it comes to Katrina vs Rita. I understand all too well...since I was part of Katrina's devastation, yet, my parish was never even mentioned.

Had it not been for the levee breaches in Orleans....Katrina would have been no more than a passing thought. On Tuesday morning, as residents of Washington Parish were trying to fathom what had happened a day earlier, the news stations were reporting that N'Awlins had "dodged a major bullet". It wasn't until the afternoon that they realized the water was rising at a rate of 2 feet per hour. Problem is...it was too late! FEMA dropped the ball on this one, and, it didn't help to find out that Katrina was bigger than the Federal government.

Personally, I wanted Katrina to fill that bowl with sand and wipe it off the face of the earth. While I'm not happy with the loss of life...they were told to get out. The New Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office asked that, if you refuse to leave, please write your SSAN on the inside of your front door. That, alone, should have been enough.

The government's response to Katrina was a comedy of errors. "Lootie" is a result of that.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

When Blanko and ray "chocolate city" Nagin told Brownie and bush we got this.
They sealed the fate of all those that chose to stay.
Response would have been immediate if they wouldn't have played the politics game would have said yes get us some help and rescuers and supplies and national guard would have been on stand by the day of the storm .Not having to mobilize after the levee broke. My favorite Blanko of all time is when asked what she was going to do for the folks in Bogalousa ? Her reply was right now we need to let Mississippi handle their own problems???
Old 08-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
When Blanko and ray "chocolate city" Nagin told Brownie and bush we got this.
They sealed the fate of all those that chose to stay.
Response would have been immediate if they wouldn't have played the politics game would have said yes get us some help and rescuers and supplies and national guard would have been on stand by the day of the storm .Not having to mobilize after the levee broke. My favorite Blanko of all time is when asked what she was going to do for the folks in Bogalousa ? Her reply was right now we need to let Mississippi handle their own problems???
Yeah, Bob...that was classic and, sad thing is...Jindal believes it, too.

Blanco wanted the Federal help from the Armed Forces, but, she didn't want Bush to "federalize" the LA National Guard 'cause she didn't wanna lose control. It would'a been under the control of Gen. Honore'. Biotch had no clue what to do.