SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:33 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427
Default Panama City Beach Head Boats

Headed to PCB 2 weeks from now. I was thinking of taking me and my on a walk on trip where you pay $65 for a 6 hour trip and fish over a reef with 40 other people. Have any of you guys done this type of trip? Did you have any success/horror stories? Federal Red Snapper season will be open at the time.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:25 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

don't know about PC but my cousins husband has gone on about 20 of those type boat trips in Mississippi over the past 10 years and he had a great trip every time.

he said its a long boring boat ride out and back (expect at least 2 hrs of that 6 hr trip to just be going out and back) so bring something to do to kill the waiting times and sometimes the boat has to move to a few spots to find fish and it gets crowded on the rails with lines and fish going in all sorts of directions but not to the point anyone gets in your way because they dont book more people then can fit on the rail.

sometimes he would take a break and stop fishing, sit back, and get entertained just watching the show as the organized chaos went on lol.

its straight down fishing so lines will tangle and often people with big fish must move along the rail while everyone ducks under or over their line but as long as you go expecting this, and not get bent out of shape having to move around for others to land fish, its a great way to go on a trip that is very affordable to anyone, especially those on a tight budget.

have fun, you will love it
Old 06-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 10,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Headed to PCB 2 weeks from now. I was thinking of taking me and my on a walk on trip where you pay $65 for a 6 hour trip and fish over a reef with 40 other people. Have any of you guys done this type of trip? Did you have any success/horror stories? Federal Red Snapper season will be open at the time.
Iv'e been a bunch of times and always caught plenty,only difference is I go with Olin Marler Charters in Destin which is about 45 minutes away from where u will be.I have gone on the more expensive with less people trips and caught the same amount of fish.Here is a pic with a few fish from one of my trips,there were many more that wasn't seen in this pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my pictures 021.jpg (72.5 KB, 240 views)
Old 06-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Come on Big-C you the fish whisperer, we all know you caught that in a puddle of spit! J/K, I would think the Destin boats and PCB probably fish the same reefs? I could be wrong on that. I'll probably go ahead and book it, I'm only out $130 if my son decides to chum the whole trip or we have a bad time, but like Keakar said, watching organized chaos is entertainment in itself.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Redfish

Cash: 978

Its a nice boat ride into the gulf and you get to catch some fish. Don't expect to have the fishing trip of a life time. Its crowded, you will get tangled with your neighbors, and cranking a 1 lb weight 500 feet deep will be a workout. But for $65 its not a bad deal. I went on one in destin and I caught more fish than some of the private charters.