SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:20 AM
Redfish

Cash: 837
Default Massacre in Florida Nightclub

Its heart wrenching to see 20 people killed who were just having a good time with friends and family. My prayers are definitely with them, the wounded and families. Its ashamed that the focus will not be on this individual and more on the tool. If it was a car used like in Oklahoma, it would receive 1-2 days of news worthiness, but since its a gun, we'll here the guy in the oval office cry for "sensible" gun laws. Its coming guys.

Hang on to your guns, and start devising a way to hide them, I have a feeling we're less than a year away from our 2nd amendment being ignored.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post

Hang on to your guns, and start devising a way to hide them, I have a feeling we're less than a year away from our 2nd amendment being ignored.
Especially when Hilldog takes the reins

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Bet shooter was Muslim.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Redfish

That ESPECIALLY won't matter, because the current BUM in the oval office will ignore that, if it is fact. Which we don't know at this point. If its a white supremacist hater and wacko, they'll say he was Christian, and start blaming the Christian white man. It was a tragedy that I think will be used to beat the liberal war drums and they are getting ready for full force assault on the good people of America.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Please, anyone thinking there will be a group of people coming door to door to confiscate your guns has lost their mind.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926
FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Please, anyone thinking there will be a group of people coming door to door to confiscate your guns has lost their mind.
That's what the Jews in Europe thought aswell !!

History has a way of repeating itself all around the world!!
Old 06-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
It will never work like that. They'll slowly pick away at it. They'll do things like tax ammo until the point where it's not affordable, or they'll pass laws saying if you've ever been convicted of a damn speeding ticket you can't own a gun. Little **** like that is what will happen. They can't go door to door, that will start a war.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,315

Most killed on American soil.

NBC is already talking about the AR style gun and large capacity clips.

50 killed.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

The shooter picked a soft target, Schools, churches, air ports, and now a Gay bar......how many gay guys you think were carrying there?

These musilims are anything put stupid
Old 06-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Redfish

Quote:
You're right, no one in their right mind believes the govt will come for your guns, in the near future anyway. I believe they will start with registering all guns, no matter the age of weapon. Most people I know will refuse to register their weapons. If they are caught with an unregistered weapon, it will mean confiscation, and probably a search of their house for additional weapons, and who knows what the charge will be. See how simple it is to outlaw guns in the USA?

Don't forget that Hillary stated that we need sensible gun control laws, and that Australia law was a "good start". And I heard my self, 2-3 days ago, someone in the DNC deciding their platform that stated she didn't believe anyone had the right to own a gun.

If anyone doesn't believe there are politicians and judges that want to outlaw their right to bear arms, and that it can happen, they are not only out of their mind, but they are fools.

Never liked trump, but we can survive him. America as we know it, will not survive a Hillary presidency.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
The shooter picked a soft target, Schools, churches, air ports, and now a Gay bar......how many gay guys you think were carrying there?

These musilims are anything put stupid
Gun free zones should be avoided at all costs. If their cc laws are anything like ours cc wouldn't be allowed in a club/bar. Best to stay armed and avoid any place that doesn't allow you to be armed.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Lost your mind is living under the dillusion our government isn't willing to try something just that stupid. Just listen to Elisabeth Warren. She blatanly said it. She's also one of Hillary's possible choices for vp. It would be naive to think that attempt isn't possible. Yes it would start a war but once the war starts, how it began will matter not.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Swordfish

I guess drivers Ed, minimum driving age, required insurance, and traffic laws were all ploys to confiscate our vehicles and right to transport ourselves too.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
I guess drivers Ed, minimum driving age, required insurance, and traffic laws were all ploys to confiscate our vehicles and right to transport ourselves too.
At what point in the constitution does it state a right to transport yourself?
Also there is no requirement of drivers minimal age to drive or a requirement to have insurance or register a vehicle. You need none of that to drive a vehicle on private property. Those requirements are a contract you voulenteer to sign to access government built and maintained passages.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
At what point in the constitution does it state a right to transport yourself?

Also there is no requirement of drivers minimal age to drive or a requirement to have insurance or register a vehicle. You need none of that to drive a vehicle on private property. Those requirements are a contract you voulenteer to sign to access government built and maintained passages.

That's not the point I was making, the point was there was a one when those things weren't required and when the talks of regulations began I'm sure the same theories were in place that we have for gun control.

Of course there are politicians that want to ban guns altogether and remove them from society, but there are equally as many that oppose it. We aren't under rule, and states have rights.

You have a right to travel freely within the U.S. without being hindered, cars weren't invented when the constitution was written just like AR-15's semiautomatic pistols weren't invented.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Swordfish

Gun registration to create a database of gun owners and eventually targeting every one of them for confiscation of "conservatives" weapons would be the long way round.

If you have taken hunters safety or bought a hunting license, EVER, then why is gun registration so scary? Registration would be the long way around to identifying right wing gun owners wouldn't you think?

Boycott licenses and hunters safety.

On another note, how come everyone is a proponent of hunters safety courses prior to being able to hunt, but any talk of required course for gun ownership is tin foil hat city?
Old 06-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Gun registration to create a database of gun owners and eventually targeting every one of them for confiscation of "conservatives" weapons would be the long way round.

If you have taken hunters safety or bought a hunting license, EVER, then why is gun registration so scary? Registration would be the long way around to identifying right wing gun owners wouldn't you think?

Boycott licenses and hunters safety.

On another note, how come everyone is a proponent of hunters safety courses prior to being able to hunt, but any talk of required course for gun ownership is tin foil hat city?
Valid point but I do not support hunter safety courses. I've taken it and it a an obsurd course. My daughter has never hunted and passed ot two times. It's as laughable as the cc course imo. I witnessed a woman come to the range with a gun she bought the night before. Having never fired a gun in her life she passed the cc course after the ro explained to her how her weapon and sights work. It's laughable. It's just another tax on what is your freedom.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Valid point but I do not support hunter safety courses. I've taken it and it a an obsurd course. My daughter has never hunted and passed ot two times. It's as laughable as the cc course imo. I witnessed a woman come to the range with a gun she bought the night before. Having never fired a gun in her life she passed the cc course after the ro explained to her how her weapon and sights work. It's laughable. It's just another tax on what is your freedom.

So you feel a hunters safety course should be taken if it were actually a beneficial course?

Same for the CC course?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Redfish

Goooh, Registration is not required because it was never required. It is a protection afforded by the constitution. I have a God given right to own a means to protect me and my family. I do not get my rights from the Government, nor should I need permission (license) to own a weapon if I am a law abiding citizen. There is always too much discussion regarding the weapon. We just had nut choose to use his truck to attack 10 bicyclist, killing at least 5. It received one day of news...had he used a gun to pick even 1 or 2 off, it would have been discussion fodder for a week, with the POTUS calling for a ban. Our point is, it is not the 99.997 percent of gun owners committing crimes, so don't make it more difficult to protect ourselves, and don't put me on your govt list so that when you do have enough in the supreme court to overturn the 2nd amendment as we know, govt WILL begin confiscation of guns. Read what happened in Australia in the 90s.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Anyone else find it messed up that there is more time spent on social media by people trying to advocate their pro gun / anti gun , pro Islam / anti Islam , pro gay / anti gay .... Etc instead of promoting prayer for the people who lost their lives and their families?