SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:44 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,074
Default Our Prayers are lifted for all of y'all affected

Sitting over here in Pensacola and watching what little we can on the news, in order to wrap our minds around the magnitude of the suffering occurring, we can only pray that loss of life is limited in this tragic event to our Brothers and Sisters to the west of us.

Many over here are mounting up relief teams through various churches to head to Louisiana and assist with the demolition of saturated homes.

Many are collecting emergency goods to send that way, which include Local Bait and Tackle Shops.

If there is a need that we, (here in Pensacola) can help with from a far, please post is here, as we have a desire to assist the best we can.

Be Safe
BT
Old 08-16-2016, 04:36 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Thanks brother.......we need them......spent Sunday volunteering with my bateau only Monday night to loose most every material possesion myself......

saved guns, jewelry and a few other things.......I had my waders on so I even left with no shoes.....

In a 6 hour period we got three feet.....in another 12 we got another three.......

go measure in your home and see where that mark is.........it's unreal.

I am a relatively composed guy, but this has me in tears off and on all day.

30 years of accumulation ........gone........my wife is trying her best but it's tough.

the grand baby lifts our spirits but she senses the pain.
my man gave where all my "man" stuff is.......coleman stoves, a life's collection of rare cast iron, my knife collection, my benjamin pump collection......countless gun cases and just "Stuff" that I have treasured for decades....gone.......only an outdoorsman can appreciate the loss of your very "first" of hunting things......that you have saved

My God is good and He saved me. Got us out safely......
ironically I was just pretty "deliberate" with a guy over not calling me back to do a 65K remodel.....imagine that !!?? had I spent that out of pocket than lost it all??

Soooooo many without flood insurance......we have it........just no contents......my out of pocket remodel will replace most of that.

When you have a small farm........it's a LOT of 'contents'........

Having a glass of wine right not at a business associates house......hopefully he can put up with me for a few more nights......LOL
Old 08-16-2016, 07:49 PM
Redfish

Cash: 773

I feel your pain, I've been through flooded homes before and hurricanes. How did getting water on your cast iron collection and knives ruin them? It's just water. Tons of work ahead and I wish ya'll all the best. A good portion of my family is underwater right now, just have to keep it in perspective.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,142
Default Prayers lifting you up

Prayers for the family's involved in the flood. Ike came through here in 2008 and we gutted the house and threw all the belongings in the yard. All my big boy toys went under and was junked. I put a chop saw, drill press and hydraulic pump($400) in front of my garage and people just hauled some of the things I was trying to save. Don't put anything out visible from the street or it will disappear. Will keep people affected by the flood in my Prayers.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Thanks brother.......we need them......spent Sunday volunteering with my bateau only Monday night to loose most every material possesion myself......

saved guns, jewelry and a few other things.......I had my waders on so I even left with no shoes.....

In a 6 hour period we got three feet.....in another 12 we got another three.......

30 years of accumulation ........gone........my wife is trying her best but it's tough.

my man gave where all my "man" stuff is.......coleman stoves, a life's collection of rare cast iron, my knife collection, my benjamin pump collection......countless gun cases and just "Stuff" that I have treasured for decades....gone.......only an outdoorsman can appreciate the loss of your very "first" of hunting things......that you have saved

ironically I was just pretty "deliberate" with a guy over not calling me back to do a 65K remodel.....imagine that !!?? had I spent that out of pocket than lost it all??

Soooooo many without flood insurance......we have it........just no contents......my out of pocket remodel will replace most of that.

Having a glass of wine right not at a business associates house......hopefully he can put up with me for a few more nights......LOL

My parents got about 6ft off of 431 I think. Our house stayed high and dry, if you need anything at all, please let me know. I'll be home in like 2-3 weeks and will be willing to help any way I can.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:23 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaTom View Post
Sitting over here in Pensacola and watching what little we can on the news, in order to wrap our minds around the magnitude of the suffering occurring, we can only pray that loss of life is limited in this tragic event to our Brothers and Sisters to the west of us.

Many over here are mounting up relief teams through various churches to head to Louisiana and assist with the demolition of saturated homes.

Many are collecting emergency goods to send that way, which include Local Bait and Tackle Shops.

If there is a need that we, (here in Pensacola) can help with from a far, please post is here, as we have a desire to assist the best we can.

Be Safe
BT
One need that some local people were encountering when getting supplies to people was baby formula and bottles.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:26 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post

Sorry to hear that, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:11 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
One need that some local people were encountering when getting supplies to people was baby formula and bottles.
Yep, that was on the local news last night.
I know they are collecting it at the local locations.
Of course, getting the items to the needy is a challenge, as I hear it.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Tripletail

Some of my good buddies are headed that way.

DKI.jpg

This is their Facebook Page post:

Our team is heading out to Louisiana. I have been here since 6am this morning and I have been truly moved by the way the community has responded to us coming to help. I got out at a gas station just before day break and a local come over to thank us for coming in the town's time of need. The Red Cross is also doing so much for families that have been displaced, please visit RedCross.org and consider donating today.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:41 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858

Awesome!

The guy I sold my 5 ton to went out in BR rescuing people all weekend. He went where the National Guard wouldn't. There was a few pictures of him in The Advocate. One picture was titled "the National Guard was out helping", it was actually Ashton and his buddies. It really seems like the community pulled together on this one.

To everyone helping, thank you for being a good person.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaTom View Post
Some of my good buddies are headed that way.

Attachment 110100

This is their Facebook Page post:

Our team is heading out to Louisiana. I have been here since 6am this morning and I have been truly moved by the way the community has responded to us coming to help. I got out at a gas station just before day break and a local come over to thank us for coming in the town's time of need. The Red Cross is also doing so much for families that have been displaced, please visit RedCross.org and consider donating today.
Amazing! Not even from here and you're going out of your way to help those in need. My hat's off to you.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:16 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
Amazing! Not even from here .
Actually, I am a Gretna Boy, the Westbank of NOLA you know.
I just moved to the beach 19 years ago.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:21 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke Down View Post
Awesome!

To everyone helping, thank you for being a good person.

My Buddie's Mr. Shaun Carpentier and his wife Wife Ashely Carpentier, Owner's of Complete DKI here in Pensacola took a team of 150 souls. They are staying in Hammond and working Baton Rouge and Denham Springs area.

I spoke to them last night.

We had a big flood here in Pensacola in 2014, with homes that were not in flood zones take on 5 feet.
They said what they are looking at does not even compare.
The amount mud in theses buildings is what is amazing them.

They did say, they sure enjoy the spirit of the people.

If you see them, wave, they are good hard working peeps.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Here's my lil mess!
Old 08-18-2016, 12:03 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyb View Post

Here's my lil mess!
Wow, no words can say how much this hurts I'm sure. Please keep your spirits up.. I don't have an answer of how, just asking "Do it". Our church group has raised money and a group of us are going to Denham Springs.. You will recover!, Praying for all that has lost. God Bless Louisiana!
Old 08-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

I have insurance. And I was ready for a remodel. I wanted to take my time. But that changed. And I have a fifth wheel that I sleep better in than my house!! There are people worse off than me. I am still fortunate!
Old 08-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858

Good spirit Rusty! My employer (Hayes Manufacturing) is heading down as we speak with a crew of over 16 people to aid. A few of us are staying behind to keep the shop flowing and will head down this weekend. Stay positive guys, this is just another bump in your lives and it will pass. Our prayers are with everyone.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Tripletail

FYI:

Association of Related Churches (ARC) of which I am associated with, is mounting relief from this website:

https://www.arcchurches.com/relief