SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 10-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 10-2-17 White Perch

Got on river just before sunrise this am. Water looks worse than it has been so was already kinda worried about it. Tried a couple holes south of the camps along Goos Ferry rd where I had been catching some but only got a couple to bite. Headed north for Dans Bay and just south of there by the highline cuts. Started fishing tree tops in 20 feet of water instead of 12 feet I had been fishing. Tight lined down to bottom the bounced shiners about a foot or two off bottom and finally found some big ones! Just couldn't get that many of them. Ended the day catching 8 and one bass. Very slow bite and wish now I'd tried this way week or so ago but hopefully it clears back up. Biggest one was 15 1/2 " long and a few more in the 12"-13" range. Nice white perch for any body of water that's for sure and especially the Calcasieu! Soon as it clears back up gonna hit it again. Just so easy to walk down from camp to boat lift and lower and go! Did not keep the fish caught today but snapped a couple pictures. Still had a box of specs to clean so I let these big girls go to catch another day. Good luck all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1344.jpg (51.3 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1345.jpg (82.4 KB, 180 views)
Old 10-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,160

Very nice, Sir.
It can't be too bad of a life when you refrain from keeping today's fish because you haven't filleted yesterday's fish! A pretty good way to go, if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2017, 12:24 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

was a nice 10 days off. Made several freshwater trips cause its just so easy and cheap, lol. But that one saltwater trip has me wanting more. Working nights now but will squeeze another saltwater trip in during the week days this week.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Flounder

Cash: 729

well done man! Seen those trout on your report. Keep slaying!