SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
the way i am reading it is that offshore federal waters is what they are trying to open up, and only to people fishing with a licensed charter captain, no change to the current limits inside of state waters either charter or private, so if i am understanding correctly, if i go in my own boat past the state waters line i can not keep any redfish, i know that is the way it is right now but why only include "licensed charter boats" why can't leroy keep a redfish that he caught when he went fishing offshore in his 14foot flat

W the jetties are not federal waters so you and your clients can still take home your five fish limit, but if you take your clients offshore under the proposed change then you can only have one red per person, after you come back in you can stop at the jetties and catch your other four
I think he means he can keep 1 per person because at the Jetties he's catching fish over 27 inches.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:30 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by redchaserron View Post
I think he means he can keep 1 per person because at the Jetties he's catching fish over 27 inches.

gotcha
Old 04-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

The reason they are using 18" is because no matter where you go fishing in federal water, once you enter state waters the fish would be legal. Mississippi and Florida both have minimum of 18".
Old 04-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Redfish

Cash: 712

so CCA is now responsible for setting our limits? I thought WLF was in control of that? It is obvious that CCA knows nothing about our fisheries and is willing to do whatever they want to change it? I don't saltwater fish much anymore bc it has gotten worse over the past few years but we used to catch lots of fish (big ones) in big lake and it has definitely gotten worse over the past few years. at least for me anyway.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert22 View Post
so CCA is now responsible for setting our limits? I thought WLF was in control of that? It is obvious that CCA knows nothing about our fisheries and is willing to do whatever they want to change it? I don't saltwater fish much anymore bc it has gotten worse over the past few years but we used to catch lots of fish (big ones) in big lake and it has definitely gotten worse over the past few years. at least for me anyway.

Check out how many people on the wildlife and fisheries commission are CCA members
Old 04-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

CCA is FOR us being able to keep a red in federal waters? totally going against science here and really sticking it to us
Old 04-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Redfish

Cash: 658

Cull the guides from the recreational group and place them with the commercial group. Should be a familiar tactic by now.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert22 View Post
Can blame 60% of that on limit change not enough fish getting taken out which means more fish fighting for food

Big trout will not compete against school trout for food they will just eat em