SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default Potlicking Pilgrims 101

I just want to rant .....

But yesterday me and WilleE fish witnesses some of the worst potlicking in a long time.

We fished the a.m. by ourself away from anyone.... Caught our trout then went rode looking for big trout.....
I would pull up to a spot where no one was even fishing and we would just drift to see if we could pick up some good fish

As soon as we stopped and got fishing a boat would pull up right behind us.... We would move places i never fished and still boats would just follow and come in.....
They had a boat going in...and saw us catch a trout...he stopped and killed motor and watched for 10 min

That's what fishing has become?? Don't find your own fish...let someone else find them and follow...

So I'm not posting reports till weekend end for me
Old 01-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

That is everywhere ,not just "your" lake. there is an army of folks that know this as the only way to catch fish. had one follow us around to 4 stops after seeing us catch a friggin hard head????
Old 01-06-2012, 08:50 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

Dude that's what u get for being a great trout angler. People are going to follow u. Is it a good thing. Hell no. It's what it is though.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

never go pro if that bothers you, them poor guys get followed be a ton of guys every stop they make.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

They were just tipping their hats to the king of big lake, being honored to be in your presence and follow in your foot steps.

Only fished big lake once so i dont know how bad it is out there but i know v bay is pilgrim promise land
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

They were prob amazed to see an "8 year old Child" sling torut in the boat like that
Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 AM
King Mackeral

Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMouth7 View Post
They were prob amazed to see an "8 year old Child" sling torut in the boat like that
Hahahahaha.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
hahahaahaah ok wait.... hahahahhahh.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:

Well, I think you do it to yourself "w", you will one day learn it is better to keep quiet and have people think you are an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt

Wait, that doesn't apply here, let me think of a better quote - 'the world will teach you what your mama couldn't"

No that doesn't apply either

How bout - 'loose lips sink ships'?

or

'get over it, you ain't that important'
Old 01-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Maybe you pulled up in their spots!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:

LOL!!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 879

You should've been on Lake Decade yesterday. I took my wife out yesterday and I think every boat in the lake was all fishing in the same spot. At the worst I saw it you could have cast and hit at least 3 other boats. It was almost humorous.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,628

W, I am afraid that longcast is right. When you get a reputation for being a good angler and people know your boat - you will get followed. Was like that when I guided on Toledo Bend years ago. I know its frustrating and I don't blame you in whatever way you would decide to deal with this. I want you, SaltyShaw, Inchspinner, RigRatNoMeaux and all the other guys that have shared info with me to know that I appreciate it very much. I have put more fish in the boat because of what I have learned on this site and I know from experience what it takes to know what you know about catching trout.
Now I want to make a comment directed at all of you, who like me, are not as knowledgable about trout fishing as some of the guys like "W" on this site. "W" and other fishermen on this site who know there stuff have shared with me and with you a lot of useful information that took years for them to learn. If you want them to stop posting reports and sharing information that helps you out when you go fishing then KEEP POTLICKING THEM ON THE WATER!!!! Its like shooting yourself in the foot right before you run a race. You can not expect people who spent years and many thousands of dollars to keep handing over information - that helps you go out so you do not have to learn the hard way - to keep helping, if it becomes a pain in the butt for them to do so. Take the good info and go apply it out on the water on your own spot and you will really learn and then one day you will be the one helping someone else who is just learning. Kinda like paying it forward. Just my two cents but like it or not its true. EC
Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM
King Mackeral

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricChicken View Post
W, I am afraid that longcast is right. When you get a reputation for being a good angler and people know your boat - you will get followed. Was like that when I guided on Toledo Bend years ago. I know its frustrating and I don't blame you in whatever way you would decide to deal with this. I want you, SaltyShaw, Inchspinner, RigRatNoMeaux and all the other guys that have shared info with me to know that I appreciate it very much. I have put more fish in the boat because of what I have learned on this site and I know from experience what it takes to know what you know about catching trout.
Now I want to make a comment directed at all of you, who like me, are not as knowledgable about trout fishing as some of the guys like "W" on this site. "W" and other fishermen on this site who know there stuff have shared with me and with you a lot of useful information that took years for them to learn. If you want them to stop posting reports and sharing information that helps you out when you go fishing then KEEP POTLICKING THEM ON THE WATER!!!! Its like shooting yourself in the foot right before you run a race. You can not expect people who spent years and many thousands of dollars to keep handing over information - that helps you go out so you do not have to learn the hard way - to keep helping, if it becomes a pain in the butt for them to do so. Take the good info and go apply it out on the water on your own spot and you will really learn and then one day you will be the one helping someone else who is just learning. Kinda like paying it forward. Just my two cents but like it or not its true. EC
That was very well said.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

its a learning curve for the pilgrims.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,732

Believe it or not 30 years ago when we were first forming GCCA (now CCA) here in Lake Charles, with the dreams of getting gill nets out of the water, we actually stated to one another that if we were successful in our efforts we would one day be our own worst enemys!!!!! On another note I too would like to thank "W" and the others who post information on here. It's what makes this site work so please respect your fellow fisher and plow your own ground.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 576

Hopedale is just as bad. I will drift and troll in my kayak and the minute I pull in a fish they fly up infront of your path and anchor and chunk shrimp. Sure is fun though catching those fish in my plastic boat watching them get frustrated not catching anything!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Electric Chicken said it well.

There is just no such thing as courtesy anymore. People will crowd you even if they think you are catching fish. I will hold my rod down when I'm hooked up when I see others that are "looking" at what and where I'm fishing. If you ease up and ask, I might oblidge and let you in on what's up w/ the fish. If you charge right in, we fightin'! It happens alot w/ boats messing up a wade in the bay or surf in my experiences. Also the rookies wading that don't know any better splashing and hollerin and spookin the fish. I try to get away from the crowd as much as possible for those reasons.
I mainly surf fish, bank fish the marsh and wade fish the bays w/o a boat and it happens plenty.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Lmao
Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

All jokes aside it does diff happen every where salt and fresh......there is no way to get away from stupid people.