SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Stay with company and know I have a secure job and let them double my salary and give me 50k extra

This is how you get raises , been with my company going on 14 years and had lots of offers but my company has always came through....Loyalty

Im good
Old 08-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

SP

You need a Safety Director??? LOL
Old 08-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
SP

You need a Safety Director??? LOL
No man, we are just a reseller......

"W" you raise a valid point, but with these salaries and bonuses the location will be bleeding like a stuck pig at a Boucherie........so how long you think the little spoiled rich CEO will stand for that?

Our business is a 2% return on sales business on a national average..........our location was double that a 4%.......when you increase salaries by 50% when salaries are 52% of gross profit already......you get a net net of LOSS......
Old 08-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post

"W" you raise a valid point, but with these salaries and bonuses the location will be bleeding like a stuck pig at a Boucherie........so how long you think the little spoiled rich CEO will stand for that?

Our business is a 2% return on sales business on a national average..........our location was double that a 4%.......when you increase salaries by 50% when salaries are 52% of gross profit already......you get a net net of LOSS......
In that case you might have some hands in a year lol

I know this white boy will not take a pay cut so one they give it.....its for life or im gone
Old 08-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post

my thoughts exactly...unless he has the cash to pump into it, its gonna look like cat poo on paper...they will have to cut the hog in azz somehow and that may spell trouble down the road. Hell let'm do it, its gonna help you in the long run lol
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

In the past year I have been offered 3 different positions and the best would have paid 35% more and an extra 2 weeks of vacation. The money being throw around right now is crazy. I talked to our division manager about the company that offered 35% more and he told me they could not match that. The CEO of the company did offer more money. I have been with this company for 8 years now and am very comfortable. I take off if I need to and really don't have to answer to many people. I'm in the process of growing my own Rental business and i can take Care of that durring my fulltime job. I'm only gone about 5 nights out of the month. The new company would have doubled the people working for me and I would have been gone about 10 nights a month. I would also have to be in the office every day I chose to stay where I'm at. Some times the money being offered and the insecurity in the future is not worth what could be.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

What field r we talking about? I would like a little more info before I make a reasonable response!!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Ling

Wholesale distribution .....Electrical supplies
Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

SP,
Don't think I've ever met you. BUT i do know what line of work you are in and it's Cut throat to the Bone! You offered the guys a good deal and the other guy came back w/ a full blown panic offer that he will not be able to maintain w/o going into the big red. Stick w/ the guys that choose to come w/ you in this endeavor. reward them when you can and let the chips fall where they may.
If there are any that you really want that are thinking of taking his offer . Lay it out for them and tell them that your offer is a one time deal. If they choose to take the big money offer Good luck.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Ling

Thanks Eman, we met at the past time get together a few years ago.......

I'll post up tomorrow with the results of the day
Old 08-16-2013, 05:43 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

LOL, at my age, 2 years is like ten. Give em hell
Old 08-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Hey you should open up an oil and gas measurement company, I been trying to get a big bonus
Old 08-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Free market system at its best!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Money is only money, If the employee's who choose to take Big Pockets cash now stick with him... They are not really the guys you need to join your venture anyway.

You started out this process by offering them a fairer wage, You have established yourself as the person who was willing to help them grow their business, That and your past conduct with these employee's set's in stone the definition of what sort of "Character" you have.

Those with a strong sense of self preservation will always want to play on the winning team. Not just the team that happens to be paying a bit more right now.

The reality is some will take your offer, and some will take his unsustainable offer. You will back-fill and train additional employee's to take the place of those that did not come over. He will not be able to sustain what he offered and will either close doors or buy enough time to get a new sales force in.

And yeah.. to offer guaranteed salaries with guaranteed bonuses in a commission environment... That's not gonna end well. I suggest those who accept his offer get it in writing.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Money is only money, If the employee's who choose to take Big Pockets cash now stick with him... They are not really the guys you need to join your venture anyway.

You started out this process by offering them a fairer wage, You have established yourself as the person who was willing to help them grow their business, That and your past conduct with these employee's set's in stone the definition of what sort of "Character" you have.

Those with a strong sense of self preservation will always want to play on the winning team. Not just the team that happens to be paying a bit more right now.
Ace, you are spot on! I've been trying to put what you typed in to words all night long. I never could get it to sound right. Thank you!

SP, what Ace says is the absolute truth!

Never look back!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I'm playing devil's advocate - the other side is "hey, you shoulda been paying me that - why am I all of a sudden worth double?". And gone
Ditto. In a previous life I worked as an executive recruiter (head hunter). Almost every time someone leaves a counter is made. It's a double whammy. The employer now knows that the employee has a wondering eye and the employee wonders why he wasn't compensated this way before. Usually when an employee excepts a counter offer, the relationship doesn't last much longer. They are throwing some strong figures at these people, but the trust is already broken. My opinion, it's up to them to make the decision. I would focus more on my opportunity coming up with my new company instead of the downfalls of the old company (integrity) with them. Get however many you can out of the 17 and hire the rest elsewhere. Sounds like you have a good opportunity coming up and should be able to find quality people. Good luck!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Stay with company and know I have a secure job and let them double my salary and give me 50k extra

This is how you get raises , been with my company going on 14 years and had lots of offers but my company has always came through....Loyalty

Im good

Loyalty would be taking care of you the way should be taken care of all along. Not just paying attention to your date after a pretty girl walks into the room. Try that and let me know how it works.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Ling

You guys have made some great points..........

As of today, my former employer no longer has a staff on inside salespeople.

Six sales people, four warehouse people, all turned the money down.

This has been a humbling experience for me and I continue to be amazed at the blessings the Big Man gives me.............

It has gotten personal this morning with the CEO calling customers claiming "Piracy" of predatory practices.

He had eight days to make offers before I did. He offered people huge money to stay and it backfired.

People cannot and will not be bought like a monkey in a pet shop window.

This restores my faith.
There will be more coming...........
Old 08-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

That's good SP.

Seems like things are going your way.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

He had eight days to make offers before I did.

What exactly does this mean?

It's hard to make a judgement on what I would do given that I know next to nothing about the work, the work environment, you, your former employer or just about anything else. But it's good to see that it's working out for you. (BTW, I do not at all expect any more background. That would only lead to more questions.)

Just a guess - it may have already been let known, I can't recall - the CEO is a second generation owner? Sooooo many SGOs fail because they didn't have to work to build the company and don't have a clue how to maintain a company.

Last edited by Sightwindow; 08-16-2013 at 02:14 PM.