SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
Ok, so EVERYTHING you try to teach you kid they are going to listen and abide by?

Damn, you not only have the best job in the GOM, best guide on the lake, most rookie baseball cards EVER, but you are also the World's Greatest Parent?

Now that's what I call winning!

Sarcasm off///

Kids are not going to listen to every single thing you try to teach them, W. If you honetly believe otherwise you need to spend less time chasing the almighty $ and a little more time at home.

You see it how you want I see it how I want

It's simple !! Can you not see simple ?

Don't run!!!!

Same crap with all this other stuff like Trayvon and the other thug a

Stop thuggen and you will not get shot !! Simple simple simple

Y'all sound like liberals !! Call Jessie Jackson
Old 04-08-2015, 02:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,557

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
wonder what they were having a confrontation about? Was it worth running from the cops or being shot over? We may never know
I read up on it a little and from what I read the man was pulled over for a driving violation. That is why he was being questioned by the cop. I am not sure how much it had escalated between the time he was pulled over until the video started, which is something that will be crucial during the trial.

Even if the suspect had punched the cop's two front teeth out when he go out of his car, as soon as he turned around and began to run away unarmed he was no longer an eminent threat and was off-limits for the use of deadly force.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

Quote:
I know of a guy that shot a kid on a motorcycle cause he THOUGHT the kid on the bike was trying to run him down, the biker passed, and the guy unloads on him as he going away, That dude is now in prison for 30+ yrs. He was no longer a threat once he passed the shooter and was heading "away" is what the jury decided
I may not have followed you on this. "He thought" a guy on a bike was going to run him down so he shot him dead and is now in prison for it? The guy on the bike didn't draw a weapon or make contact with him, etc?

If not then I can see why he is in jail.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post

Don't run!!!!

My understanding is he was pulled over for having a tail light that was not working.

I'm glad the cops in your area are all great people and worthy of playing God. I know many on this site that are great men and great officers. I also know some back home in Denham Springs that were the dumbest kids in my class and always had problems with authority and now they are cops. I sure as h e l l wouldn't want one of them to be my God in this situation.

Just because the guy was black doesn't make him a Thug or a criminal, come on W. Let's not make this a race issue please, the rest of the world moved on past the race card over a decade or more ago.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:50 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:

Don't run!!!!

It's not the same as the Treyvon or other shootings to me.

That is why I took the time to pre-face my opinion in the original post with my feelings on most other law enforcement shootings that have happened recently. To make sure you guys understood my usual stance on these situations and explain that I almost always feel like the shooting was justified.

But I doubt you took the time to read a full paragraph that I typed.

In my opinion this one is way different.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:

Im about as hard core conservative as you can get..... really

But you don't shoot someone in the back with out just cause
Old 04-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Im about as hard core conservative as you can get..... really

But you don't shoot someone in the back with out just cause
Same here, exactly.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Treyvon was totally different, he was fighting with a cop. I would never blame an officer for defending themselves when attacked.

Running away is hardly an attack.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I may not have followed you on this. "He thought" a guy on a bike was going to run him down so he shot him dead and is now in prison for it? The guy on the bike didn't draw a weapon or make contact with him, etc?

If not then I can see why he is in jail.

YEP that's it in a nut shell, There was a confrontation the guy on the bike went to leave, the shooter followed him into the street, the guy on the bike went the wrong way (dead end), turned around and headed back towards the shooter. passes shooter, guy shots him in the back
Old 04-08-2015, 02:53 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:

But you don't shoot someone in the back 8 TIMES with out just cause
FIFY...
Old 04-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
From a "what if" stand point you make a pretty good case for shooting a man in the back.

It's easy to play the "what if" card:
"what if" that officer, who obviously has an issue with thinking he is above the law, is known for harassing and beating suspects for no reason? Then, the guy had a good reason to run from him.

One thing is for certain. The law is VERY clear and it states that NO ONE, not a good semaritan with a CCL like martf, or a trigger happy officer like in the video, has the right to shoot a man in the back.

I couldn't legally shoot someone after they broke into my house if they were climbing out of the window to leave.

Hell, there is a very high profile case ongoing right now where a 20 year old man is on trial in Lafayette for killing a 15 year old and wounding 2 other kids. He shot at them as they drove away from his house. He claims they had just broke into his truck, but when he shot at them they were in a vehicle and driving away. Like the Killer Cop he will likely spend the next 30 years in prison.
I didn't jump to conclusions on if the suspect was up to no good from the start, don't do so for the cop thinking he has a problem with his opinion of being above the law.

If the officer was known for beating suspects for no reason than he would've been filmed doing so and the victim would become a hero with a few bumps and bruises and be hand fed grapes by Al Sharpton on the White House lawn for the rest of his life. What if the suspect was known for carrying handguns bc he was a local drug dealer?

And don't think I am some kill happy person, I am far from it. I oppose the death penalty because I don't believe a man has the right or should have the ability to judge a man to life or death, that's God's position. But if a man is immediately/gravely endangering society than he must be subdued with appropriate force. Do I believe that shooting a man in the back could be appropriate force during an event. Yes. Was shooting a man in the back appropriate force during this event? The courts will now judge if it was the appropriate force, just like they did for Darren Wilson.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:04 PM
King Mackeral

I understand. I am not judging you.
Like I said everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to them.
I started this thread to hear people's different opinions and now see the situation from a different perspective due to you posting yours.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Treyvon was totally different, he was fighting with a cop. I would never blame an officer for defending themselves when attacked.

Running away is hardly an attack.
Treyvon wasn't killed for fighting a cop. Michael Brown was. Treyvon was killed by a neighborhood watch wanna be cop.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
Treyvon wasn't killed for fighting a cop. Michael Brown was. Treyvon was killed by a neighborhood watch wanna be cop.
Yep your right, I had them mixed up.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
Don't forget he was a "white" Hispanic. Whatever that means
Old 04-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Yep your right, I had them mixed up.
Both very similar in the fact that the African American Community was calling for the "unjust killers" throats. Even after the Courts and Jurys ruled them Just. Sorry to digress from the OP.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Red Snapper

For what its worth, the AP news is reporting the officer claimed "SELF DEFENCE" prior to the video coming out

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A white South Carolina police officer who claimed he killed an unarmed black man in self-defense has been fired, the city's mayor announced Wednesday, a day after the release of a video showing the officer firing eight shots at the fleeing man's back.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

The cop is screwed big time here. How many times have you watched a "Cops" episode where the cops give chase? Always. They don't shoot the suspect while he's running away. They chase. This was an idiotic act by the cop, and he will pay the price. Oh yeah, and the news media will promote the racial game with this one, problem is...this just makes the good cops look bad. I can't see any reason why he could have opened fire like that.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

the cop had no cause at all to shoot the guy but I cant see what that thing is that went flying onto the ground as they separated, did the guy slap a taser out of the officers hand at the beginning of the video? or maybe the cop knocked a gun from out of that guys hand?

either way its still unjustified force used.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Red Snapper

from the AP, again for what its worth, its the news.......... looking for some ratings

The video, shot over a chain link fence and through some trees, begins after Scott has left his car. Slager follows him, reaching at the man with an object that appears to be a Taser stun gun. As Scott pulls away, the object falls to the ground, and Slager pulls out his handgun as Scott runs away. There is no indication that Scott was ordered to halt or surrender.
The final shot sends Scott falling face-down about 30 feet away. Slager then slowly walks toward him and orders Scott to put his hands behind his back, but the man doesn't move, so he pulls Scott's arms back and cuffs his hands. The officer then walks briskly back to where he fired the shots, speaking into his radio. He picks up the same object that fell to the ground before and returns to Scott's prone body, dropping the object near Scott's feet as another officer enters the scene.
Scott had four children, was engaged and had been honorably discharged from the U.S. Coast Guard. There were no violent offenses on his record, Stewart said.