SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default Snake

Hey DuckButter, banded water snake right???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (62.2 KB, 682 views)
Old 04-14-2015, 06:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

yes sir
Old 04-14-2015, 08:08 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default cool

thought so just wanted to run it by the expert(s), friend of mine thought it might have been a moccasin
Old 04-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949

should be a dead snake
Old 04-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

If its in the water swimming towards me, its a dead snake!!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Ah, the copycat tough guy. Caught a banded water snake back when I was taking a vertebrate zoology class in undergrad. That sucker acted all big and bad.....til I threw his azz in the freezer. They get by by mimicking cottonmouths, both look and behavior.

^wish there were a way to do away with this misplaced fear of snakes, but I think we are in toodeep (see what I did there). They really are one of the most beneficial animals you can have around, and if you respect them, you've got no problem.

I mean, snakes don't go out of their way to attack people. At least no more than any other animal does. And yet so many people fear them, because they were taught to. I love snakes. They keep the mice away. Nothing beats a good kingsnake.

Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949

I trust snakes more than politicians if that helps. they are not like other animals where you see them 10-15 ft away. you are normally fixing to step on them. they just scare the crap out of you.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Ling

just started trying to catch pine snakes this week and this was from today all ratsnakes and coachwhips. One has a rat in it with a ratsnake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChickenSnake.jpg (77.3 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0307.JPG (141.5 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0316.JPG (231.1 KB, 410 views)
Old 04-14-2015, 04:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Man, nice shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
Man, nice shirt

Got costas on too but can't see em
Old 04-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

I've grown to like and identify kingsnakes, we have a lot of copperheads and mocassins where I deer hunt so I pass on killing the kings in hopes of them lowering my chances of being snagged my one of the other two...
Old 04-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Ah, the copycat tough guy. Caught a banded water snake back when I was taking a vertebrate zoology class in undergrad. That sucker acted all big and bad.....til I threw his azz in the freezer. They get by by mimicking cottonmouths, both look and behavior.

^wish there were a way to do away with this misplaced fear of snakes, but I think we are in toodeep (see what I did there). They really are one of the most beneficial animals you can have around, and if you respect them, you've got no problem.

I mean, snakes don't go out of their way to attack people. At least no more than any other animal does. And yet so many people fear them, because they were taught to. I love snakes. They keep the mice away. Nothing beats a good kingsnake.

Been too close too many times. Western diamondbacks in west texas while dove hunting and cotton mouths while fixing brush on my blind in teal season. Screw a snake. I'll take a king snake any day, but other than that i'll kill em all and i don't see any downfall in people killing the snakes they run into.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Been too close too many times. Western diamondbacks in west texas while dove hunting and cotton mouths while fixing brush on my blind in teal season. Screw a snake. I'll take a king snake any day, but other than that i'll kill em all and i don't see any downfall in people killing the snakes they run into.
Well, respectfully agree to disagree. I apply that philosophy to hogs and coyotes, but other than that, I prefer to let things be. If the snake isn't harming me, I'll let him go about his business.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:05 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post

I agree with smalls. My 9 year old daughter enjoys catching snakes (under my supervision to make sure she isn't grabbing venomous snakes). So basically, if you're so fearful that you think you have to kill every snake you see, you've got a smaller set than a 9 year old girl . Seriously though, snakes are great pest control. I don't kill venomous snakes either, I encounter cottonmouth's and copperheads quite a bit and they mind their own business and tend to quietly move away if I don't mess with them.

The one curled up watched us for a bit, then quietly slid the other way. I was about 10 feet away using a long lens. The one stretched out I almost stepped on. I spotted him just before putting my foot down. Stopped, took a picture with my phone, then he just slid away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg COTTONMOUTH.jpg (147.1 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg almost stepped.jpg (96.7 KB, 235 views)
Old 04-15-2015, 10:55 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by redchaserron View Post
I agree with smalls. My 9 year old daughter enjoys catching snakes (under my supervision to make sure she isn't grabbing venomous snakes). So basically, if you're so fearful that you think you have to kill every snake you see, you've got a smaller set than a 9 year old girl . Seriously though, snakes are great pest control. I don't kill venomous snakes either, I encounter cottonmouth's and copperheads quite a bit and they mind their own business and tend to quietly move away if I don't mess with them.

The one curled up watched us for a bit, then quietly slid the other way. I was about 10 feet away using a long lens. The one stretched out I almost stepped on. I spotted him just before putting my foot down. Stopped, took a picture with my phone, then he just slid away.
Crazy Pentecostals:*****:
Old 04-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Default That's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
Crazy Pentecostals:*****:
*****, soo wrong but right.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:58 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:

If I were there for that second pic, I would be dead from heart attack. They don't even have to bite me...

If I go to the aquarium and see them in tanks it makes me gag, no lie.

I hate snakes, stinging insects and blue cheese.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
If I were there for that second pic, I would be dead from heart attack. They don't even have to bite me...

If I go to the aquarium and see them in tanks it makes me gag, no lie.

I hate snakes, stinging insects and blue cheese.
MMMM cut up battered deep fried snake smothered in Blue cheese dressing with extra blue cheese crumbles oh and wrapped with a jalapeno and bruschetta
Old 04-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:

Are both those snakes pictured cottonmouths?
Old 04-15-2015, 07:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,687

Before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429142834.352512.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429142876.437707.jpg

Dinner is served
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429142900.132217.jpg