SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

Wal Mart will just pass the loss to the consumers.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
The DFS says that they have records of ALL snap transactions. DFS also says that on first conviction of SNAP fraud you will loose you SNAP benefits for one year.
Anyone want to bet that all of a sudden the records from the 2 wal marts in question will mysteriously vanish ?
You got that right. It makes me fighting mad to see some POS holding an iphone in one hand an EBT card in the other in the check out. I have no problem with people needing help during hard times but EBT IS NOT A CAREER OPPURTUNITY. My wife swears im gona end up in a fight in a parking lot because of it one day. Im quick to start talking trash about someone wearing $500 in clothes and shoes and holding a $400 cell phone and using food stamps. I let em know that I hope they enjoy the ribeyes im paying for. They wana whip my azz so be it. They gona have to get past the business end of a 1911 first. They could all starve to death and it would matter to me not. In fact we would be better off if they all did just that. Keep in mind im talking about the animals that are off their chains not people that truely need help.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Y'all are all a bunch of racist crackers! Dem people just need some help.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Flounder

Cash: 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
You got that right. It makes me fighting mad to see some POS holding an iphone in one hand an EBT card in the other in the check out. I have no problem with people needing help during hard times but EBT IS NOT A CAREER OPPURTUNITY. My wife swears im gona end up in a fight in a parking lot because of it one day. Im quick to start talking trash about someone wearing $500 in clothes and shoes and holding a $400 cell phone and using food stamps. I let em know that I hope they enjoy the ribeyes im paying for. They wana whip my azz so be it. They gona have to get past the business end of a 1911 first. They could all starve to death and it would matter to me not. In fact we would be better off if they all did just that. Keep in mind im talking about the animals that are off their chains not people that truely need help.
That's exactly my wife's same thoughts, but she has first hand experience with it a few weeks ago. We were standing in line at krogers in Sulphur and a family of lowlifes wearing big *** hoop earrings and hollering on the phone while their 10 kids ran around the aisles were in front of us with not one but TWO buggies. Now the first buggy was filled with regular EBT items allowed which us hard working people dont see as much as they do and of course they used their EBT card to pay for and the 2nd buggy was full of old Milwaukee, some patron and mad dog 20/20 which they paid CASH for. I completely lost it at that point and let them have a piece of my mind, which I got called white trash for and all **** broke loose. It ended up with 5-0 to get called out.

I would write the full details but I would be banned for life from SC!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Flounder

Cash: 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Y'all are all a bunch of racist crackers! Dem people just need some help.
I'm not necessarily a racist, I'm just simply saying if you hide their EBT cards under their workboots they sure as hell won't find them!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 111

It's instilled in them from birth....when that is all you know and all your taught by your grandmother and mother.......notice I did not mention a father or daddy because they are non existent. This is no longer the America our Fore Fathers created......Might as well change the name to Chinusa.......Hope you guys know how to grow a garden, shoot a gun and catch fish. Hank was the Einstein of Country Music. A Country boy can and WILL survive. I got no use for the ones standing on the side of the road having to hold up there pants while walking down the street. I feel so much better now.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Sailfish

Sad thing is they went nuts over a minor system glitch. A full meltdown is really gona be something. Best case scenario is after they empty walmart they start killing each other over nikes and big scterns at the mall. Its sad that even in a major melt down they would expect walmart to be stocked for their next trip. Lack of self preservation has always amused me. Even by so called intelligent people in our state. We live close to Alexandria and it nevet fails with hurricanes I see people scooping up cases of over priced water at convinient stores. I cant help but laigh at them. I got water I just stopped to get an extra half gallon of bourbon in case its worse than I thought
Old 10-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 972

This is the new America.
This program should be for elderly, true poor not thugs that think poor, and sick.
Sad part is program goes out to none of the above.
People who really need the services would not do this.
The people that did this are the entitled people.
These programs Section 8, food stamps, etc to keep people in a voting pool happy.

Nothing will come of this incident.
Funny how the word spread fast I think Wal-mart encouraged this activity.
Wal-mart gambled over greed and lost big time.
Will they file charges no due to they are just as guilty by not following the rules.
I think local law enforcement should send bills to the Wal-marts for the extra security they had to provide due to their greed.
This drop in the bucket because Wal-mart will get more money from their vendors to pay for this and consumer will pay for this.
Why do you think they have A,B,C prices depending on the stores location?
A lower price in competitive market and you guess it C prices are for less competitive markets.
They will still try to file suit against Xerox.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
This is the new America.
This program should be for elderly, true poor not thugs that think poor, and sick.
Sad part is program goes out to none of the above.
People who really need the services would not do this.
The people that did this are the entitled people.
These programs Section 8, food stamps, etc to keep people in a voting pool happy.

Nothing will come of this incident.
Funny how the word spread fast I think Wal-mart encouraged this activity.
Wal-mart gambled over greed and lost big time.
Will they file charges no due to they are just as guilty by not following the rules.
I think local law enforcement should send bills to the Wal-marts for the extra security they had to provide due to their greed.
This drop in the bucket because Wal-mart will get more money from their vendors to pay for this and consumer will pay for this.
Why do you think they have A,B,C prices depending on the stores location?
A lower price in competitive market and you guess it C prices are for less competitive markets.
They will still try to file suit against Xerox.
Still the choice of right and wrong was left up to the individual. The people stealing are the ones to blame. I dont think walmart will profit from this. The state will not honor the over charges and walmart will have to eat the loss. I just dont see walmart corporate being on the ball on this. Now Tyone and Shaniqua can organise their EBT army in minutes using their iphones.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Democrats
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Still the choice of right and wrong was left up to the individual. The people stealing are the ones to blame. I dont think walmart will profit from this. The state will not honor the over charges and walmart will have to eat the loss. I just dont see walmart corporate being on the ball on this. Now Tyone and Shaniqua can organise their EBT army in minutes using their FREEiphones.
Fify
Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Free groceries or bust !
Old 10-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Flounder

Cash: 740

Quote:
Still the choice of right and wrong was left up to the individual. The people stealing are the ones to blame. I dont think walmart will profit from this. The state will not honor the over charges and walmart will have to eat the loss. I just dont see walmart corporate being on the ball on this. Now Tyone and Shaniqua can organise their EBT army in minutes using their iphones.

Absolutely right, EBT users sign a contract stating they will abide by all rules or lose benefits. One of those rules is not exceeding the $50 dollar limit, they all blatently broke this rule and should lose all benefits or should have the total cost of items purchased deducted from their benefits.

I also agree walmart should have not allowed this to happen but either way they were screwed. If they would have denided use of the cards then the users would have moaned and whined that walmart was starving poor people.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I said it a while back that if "the system" ever fails them, they'll become the most dangerous people out there. Imagine if went down for real! It would be riots and, home invasions!

Aim small, miss small around my house though. You can't fix this level of stupid.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 972

Something does seem odd that Wal-marts in certain markets which are mainly poor minority markets had these issues. These stores typically have high theft, low profit, and turns are lower on more profitable sku's.

October typically is a slow time of year right between back to school and thanksgiving/xmas and this would be a good boost for your lower producing stores.

Look at the stores in Louisiana (two in North, LA; Donaldsonville, St Martin Parish) and Mississippi like Philadelphia, MS that had these issues. They are all smaller stores in typically poorer minority markets where alot of the customers are on assistance. These are the only stores we heard of, but I am sure other certain areas had same issues.

Just things don't add up that Wal-mart wasn't apart of the greed also.
Things that show this
1. Not questioning why are people buying large amounts of items?
2. Coming on intercom saying that louisiana purchase cards systems back up?
3. Not pressing charges of lady who tried to buy alot of food on her card when system came back up?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Doesn't do much good to press charges. Won't show up to court. Won't pay fines. Put them in jail just another animal in a cage we paid to feed and house.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
Something does seem odd that Wal-marts in certain markets which are mainly poor minority markets had these issues. These stores typically have high theft, low profit, and turns are lower on more profitable sku's.

October typically is a slow time of year right between back to school and thanksgiving/xmas and this would be a good boost for your lower producing stores.

Look at the stores in Louisiana (two in North, LA; Donaldsonville, St Martin Parish) and Mississippi like Philadelphia, MS that had these issues. They are all smaller stores in typically poorer minority markets where alot of the customers are on assistance. These are the only stores we heard of, but I am sure other certain areas had same issues.

Just things don't add up that Wal-mart wasn't apart of the greed also.
Things that show this
1. Not questioning why are people buying large amounts of items?
2. Coming on intercom saying that louisiana purchase cards systems back up?
3. Not pressing charges of lady who tried to buy alot of food on her card when system came back up?
Cant prosecute someone for theft if the item or items never leaves the store. I agree that she had all intentions of stealing the stuff. That person knew exactly what they were doing. The law just doesnt allow for prosecution in that circumstance. Just a bunch of animals that need to be delt with accordingly.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I said it a while back that if "the system" ever fails them, they'll become the most dangerous people out there. Imagine if went down for real! It would be riots and, home invasions!

Aim small, miss small around my house though. You can't fix this level of stupid.
You mean attempted and failed home invasion. Boys round here will be stackin em up like cord wood. . Prolly the same in your neck of the woods too southern.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
You mean attempted and failed home invasion. Boys round here will be stackin em up like cord wood. . Prolly the same in your neck of the woods too southern.
They'd find my yard a very unsavory place to be, that's for sure.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,541

I think it should go down like this. If they made the purchases then ok the card has the record of the purchase on its account! So if the account shows a purchase of $1,000.00 then the card holder will have their balance deducted from the card each month until the balance reaches back even! So that would mean they couldn't buy anything for a couple months! If they complain I would tell them " Hey you got an advance, so manage it!"

Last edited by PEACEKEEPER; 10-15-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling