SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:26 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609
Default GoPro Videos

It seems like everyone has one but I never see any videos. I found very few hunting videos while searching for different camera mount angles.
Heading on a dove hunt soon and I won't have much time to test things out.

What mount do yall recommend? I was thinking about a barrel mount. Post up some videos if possible.

And how many hours can a 32g card hold and whats the time limit on the battery life?

Any other tips are appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

The batteries will last about an hour depending on what recording mode you are set on.
A 32gb card with record anywhere for 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours.

Gopro website gives you estimates.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,097

I bought the Sportsman Mount and like it a lot. Kinda pricey but works well.

Its tough to sit down and comb through a good bit of footage and then take the time to edit it. I had edited some wake boarding videos so I was prepared for the task of editing my fishing and hunting footage.

To me, Short clips are key when filming. They are easier to look through for the $$ shot and they upload to your computer faster without taking up too much memory. Anytime you have a clip that you want to keep, film another short clip right after the one you want to keep. In the short clip, just wave your hands in front of lens then stop it. That way when you are looking at footage, you will know to only keep the ones with hand waves before them. This will save a ton of time.

I have a ton of quality duck hunting footage from multiple years but have not put a video together. All the hunting clips are long and time consuming to edit. I'll get them done one day. With duck hunting, I like to have a camera in the blind and one facing us and one in the decoys if you can. Makes for some cool footage of birds falling from the sky

Hope this helps Nick, and if you ever need any help editing, lemme know.

Here is a video from one of our Oklahoma Mallard hunts, all my buddy did is upload his footage/pics to his computer and had it make an easy video for him. No editing but some ducks falling. Our group took 135 mallards over three days out there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HThM1_JZWHY
Old 03-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Ive always had to use the lithium batteries to get any decent recording times
Old 03-17-2015, 11:01 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Buy the battery back pack, #1, before anything else.
As far as mounts, I'd go with sportsman or the head mount. Both provide good kill shots. I prefer the view of the head mount personally though. I made a short video from duck season due to lack of good hunts. I'll link it here. All of these are shot from a camera in the pond looking at the blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2015, 11:05 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

http://youtu.be/BBKvHnzayjc

Old 03-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Flounder

Cash: 694

hitinitdaily nailed it, takes some time and horsepower on the PC to deal with video.

They also have a nice looping feature for back to back short 5m vids that fills up the card, then starts overriding the oldest. This is nice when you don't know when the action will come..I used it for hog hunt stalking. And I had a backpack connection that pulled power from a separate small brick charger, could run for 10+ hours if needed. Plan was to set up a reverse angle bow shot, but never completed that challenge.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
http://youtu.be/BBKvHnzayjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitinitdaily View Post
I bought the Sportsman Mount and like it a lot. Kinda pricey but works well.

Its tough to sit down and comb through a good bit of footage and then take the time to edit it. I had edited some wake boarding videos so I was prepared for the task of editing my fishing and hunting footage.

To me, Short clips are key when filming. They are easier to look through for the $$ shot and they upload to your computer faster without taking up too much memory. Anytime you have a clip that you want to keep, film another short clip right after the one you want to keep. In the short clip, just wave your hands in front of lens then stop it. That way when you are looking at footage, you will know to only keep the ones with hand waves before them. This will save a ton of time.

I have a ton of quality duck hunting footage from multiple years but have not put a video together. All the hunting clips are long and time consuming to edit. I'll get them done one day. With duck hunting, I like to have a camera in the blind and one facing us and one in the decoys if you can. Makes for some cool footage of birds falling from the sky

Hope this helps Nick, and if you ever need any help editing, lemme know.

Here is a video from one of our Oklahoma Mallard hunts, all my buddy did is upload his footage/pics to his computer and had it make an easy video for him. No editing but some ducks falling. Our group took 135 mallards over three days out there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HThM1_JZWHY

Very nice. I appreciate all of the input.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Heres one a friend of mine made. I think he only had a head mount at that time