SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452
Default Crime and Marijuana - Denver DA

See attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Letter+to+CA+from+Denver+DA.jpg (86.1 KB, 502 views)
Old 11-14-2016, 08:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

I say Legalize it.

Anyone can play the "card game" with statistics. I bet over 50% of the participants of this website have smoked pot. Me, I quit pot and alcohol, 100%, 35 years ago. Pot and Alcohol and driving does put you and others at risk. Like I told myself numerous times back "in the day" "my momma didn't raise me to be a jail bird." Pot is less harmful than alcohol, but again, mix the two and you are 10X's more impaired.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

It's all those illegals up there. Once that wall is built and the illegals are deported crime rate will go down

#maga
Old 11-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Flounder

Cash: 617

That letter is 2016 Reefer Madness. 100% proganda trash. This article tells you why http://www.snopes.com/marijuana-resp...rime-increase/
Old 11-14-2016, 09:13 PM
Flounder

More> https://www.cpr.org/news/newsbeat/de...rijuana-letter

“The district attorney’s letter shows a pretty strategic use of data that ends up being insulting to the public,” John Hudak, a senior fellow at the nonpartisan Brookings Institute, told the Post.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Snopes is liberal. They spin stuff
Old 11-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 859

i bet he wasnt writing that when he counting money from all of all that extra revenue coming from sales of marijuana...
Old 11-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Flounder

Cash: 688
Sad Legalization of Motality

God help us if we start to legalize everything sinful just because everybody else is doing it? The end of times is upon us when we think things will not hurt us if you turn our focus away. Yes I grew up with pot all around us, legalizing it would have made it worst and killed many more.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucan View Post
God help us if we start to legalize everything sinful just because everybody else is doing it? The end of times is upon us when we think things will not hurt us if you turn our focus away. Yes I grew up with pot all around us, legalizing it would have made it worst and killed many more.
Good thing that alcohol is illegal eh?
Old 11-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Flounder

A few things. Look at stats for alcohol related deaths. No chemical has killed more people than tobacco. Watch any commercial for any pharmaceutical drug ever and listen to the list of side effects at the end. The side effects to restless leg syndrome pills is 10000x more dangerous than pot. Big pharma is driving the anti mj train and they're using proganda to play to the morality of conservatives. In a nut shell, pot is the devil but it is absolutely moral to prescribe Prozac, zanax, and enjoy a alcohol beverage to unwind. Right...
Old 11-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Funny how conservatives are supposed to be in favor of limited government intrusion, yet mention the devil's lettuce and they and they are all in favor of no knock raids on Bob's house all because he smokes a little grass on his time off.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:38 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Why shouldn't people be able to inhale, inject, drink, ingest, snort any poison they wish? It's their body, aye? Back during founding fathers, no chemical was illegal. I could support going back to no holds barred legalization on one condition....just as during the start of the country, if someone OD'd, got hooked, became a drunk, they didn't have federal rehabilitation programs using tax payer money as their safety net, did not have welfare other than charities to save them from themselves. It smartened people up to stay away, or they suffered the consequence. Problem with society now is they never think they should suffer the consequences.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucan View Post

How many people have ever ODed smoking weed?
You can only get so high on weed.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:54 AM
Flounder

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
Why shouldn't people be able to inhale, inject, drink, ingest, snort any poison they wish? It's their body, aye? Back during founding fathers, no chemical was illegal. I could support going back to no holds barred legalization on one condition....just as during the start of the country, if someone OD'd, got hooked, became a drunk, they didn't have federal rehabilitation programs using tax payer money as their safety net, did not have welfare other than charities to save them from themselves. It smartened people up to stay away, or they suffered the consequence. Problem with society now is they never think they should suffer the consequences.
Agree 100%. You could also make a strong argument that obesity is a bigger issue than any of the chemicals you listed. Between Medicare/Medicaid and insurance premiums, you're ready shelling out a fortune for what others consume.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
This X a gazillion
Old 11-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Pot is some nasty stuff. I mean that literally. The smell of it alone makes me want to vomit. If you want to toke up go right ahead just don't bring it to my house or you will have made a bad mistake.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:05 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

The issue left behind here is how many people that have smoked pot, have also moved on to something bigger? Or at least at some point tried something stronger. I think that's a pretty high number. Most drugheads don't start with cocaine or heroin. Sad for the young people who have little control, and have too little maturity to make the right decisions. Bottom line is, there are 2 kinds of people the want it legalized...the ones that smoke it, and the ones that plan on making mucho denero on it, like our local gov'ts that really don't care. So, marijuana now...then what next?
Old 11-16-2016, 03:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
The issue left behind here is how many people that have smoked pot, have also moved on to something bigger? Or at least at some point tried something stronger. I think that's a pretty high number. Most drugheads don't start with cocaine or heroin. Sad for the young people who have little control, and have too little maturity to make the right decisions. Bottom line is, there are 2 kinds of people the want it legalized...the ones that smoke it, and the ones that plan on making mucho denero on it, like our local gov'ts that really don't care. So, marijuana now...then what next?
While I mostly agree, I believe you could remove pot from the equation and the same people are going to seek out other substances. That's why it's called substance abuse.

Let me ask y'all this, what is the biggest gateway to cigarettes?
Old 11-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post

The same argument can be made for alcohol. How many have started off with just that first beer, then moved to getting all boggered up on the weekends, and ended up being a non-productive drunk. At the end of the day, you cannot legislate morality and the governments job is not to protect people from themselves. And don't pull that Democrat bull$h!+ "It's for the children" card.

And your assumption on the people who want to legalize marijuana is way off the mark. A large majority are people like myself who don't smoke it, have no intention on smoking it, and don't plan on getting into the marijuana industry. We are simply sick and tired of the government sticking it's nose in every aspect of our lives. I can live with a handful of irresponsible people killing themselves with whatever poison they choose. I cannot live with others continuously giving up my rights because they don't trust themselves and their love ones to exercise that right responsibly.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
The same argument can be made for alcohol. How many have started off with just that first beer, then moved to getting all boggered up on the weekends, and ended up being a non-productive drunk. At the end of the day, you cannot legislate morality and the governments job is not to protect people from themselves. And don't pull that Democrat bull$h!+ "It's for the children" card.

And your assumption on the people who want to legalize marijuana is way off the mark. A large majority are people like myself who don't smoke it, have no intention on smoking it, and don't plan on getting into the marijuana industry. We are simply sick and tired of the government sticking it's nose in every aspect of our lives. I can live with a handful of irresponsible people killing themselves with whatever poison they choose. I cannot live with others continuously giving up my rights because they don't trust themselves and their love ones to exercise that right responsibly.
Agree. The gateway drug crap is crap. The term was made up to push an agenda called the war on drugs

Everybody who has ever drank a beer drank milk at one time. So is milk the gateway to alcohol?

Weed is much much safer than alcohol