SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default Dularge Weekend Report 5/15-5/17

This weekend began in favor of the fish. The odds were stacked against us but my customers were determined to get on some trout. I had two guys on board and they were booked with me Friday and Saturday. After explaining how difficult it would be to catch trout in the gnarly winds, they put their trust in me and made me go find them. No problem I thought as I headed into 3 footers for 20 miles. Well, that's a start. I stopped short of my original plan and fished over some underwater rubble in the bay. Water was stained big time and my troll motor couldn't hardly buck the wind. I set up a drift and to my surprise started catching trout. BAM. Too small. Plan B. Next stop we were greeted with more swells and chop but the water was surprisingly emerald green. Hmm, let's check it out. BAM. Fish on. Nice 2 pounder on the deck. Come to find out, my customers could REALLY fish. I mean, they were pretty damn good. They were yanking those fish over the rail and into the box. We had a good run and then the bite died around 9:30. We cleared 50 in short order. The rest of the day was filled with futile attempts to discover another hot bite. Coming up short at every spot, we took it to the dock around 1:30. Day two and the conditions appeared to be much of the same but oh well might as well go back to the same spot and work em over. Sure enough, they weren't there again. Until, that is, they decided to eat. Yep, those fish made a fool out of me letting me think they would be biting early like they did yesterday. Nope, they waited til at least 9:30 to crank up. When they did, we dropped the hammer. 75 trout came rather quickly letting us finish up around noon-thirty. Great couple of days guys! Today (Sunday) I had a trip for Capt. T Miller and the plan was NOT to get beat up today. Thank goodness, I needed some relief. We got to the hot spot in no rush and immediately hooked up to a bull red. We would get our limit of 5 before heading to find slot fish. That which we did around 8:30. Off to the duck ponds we went. I had some great customers today that could cast pretty good. We started drifting the leeward banks and started catching a few here and there. Man it was tough. Wayyy too windy to be sight fishing for reds. Anyway, long story short we put 6 slot fish over the rails and took it to the barn. What a great weekend down in Terrebonne Parish. Can't wait for the good weather coming this week. We should be on the trout like white on rice.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default 1