SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 723
Default New Shotgun

So im in the market for a new shotgun not sure if i want to go back with my favorite benelli SBE11 or the new browning A5 help with this would be great never shot the browning i own the SBE11 just seen its better day lol
Old 08-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

I shot a SBE2 for almost 9 years. I purchased the VINCI (2 of them) two years ago and I really like it. Light, does not kick much and very easy to break down.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quit playing around with trash and buy you a beretta a400 xtreme. They on sale right now at bass pro. 1549 in camo. And you get 1/2 dozen free decoys with a mail in rebate. You can't beat that. The gun is worth every penny at regular price. Benelli can't hold a candle to the durability of beretta. To get the same quality from a Benelli(still kicks worse) that you get out of that stock beretta, you'll have to buy the benelli sbe2 waterfowl edition at the very low cost of $2800. And again it's still gonna kick more than the beretta
Old 08-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Quit playing around with trash and buy you a beretta a400 xtreme. They on sale right now at bass pro. 1549 in camo. And you get 1/2 dozen free decoys with a mail in rebate. You can't beat that. The gun is worth every penny at regular price. Benelli can't hold a candle to the durability of beretta. To get the same quality from a Benelli(still kicks worse) that you get out of that stock beretta, you'll have to buy the benelli sbe2 waterfowl edition at the very low cost of $2800. And again it's still gonna kick more than the beretta
I wholeheartedly disagree. It's the same company for gods sake. Another vote for the Vinci, but I made a mistake and bought the black instead of camo wrapped. This year ima buy the M2 in camo.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Redfish

Cash: 899

Quote:
I Love my Benelli Super Vinci. I had a SBE2 and loved it except it wasn't camo. To say that Beretta is just so much better and Benelli is trash is a little outlandish. I don't know where you're looking at prices but I paid 1569 for the super Vinci and around the same for the sbe2. One more thing, if Beretta is Soooooo much better, why does Tom Knapp shoot Benelli?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjethro85 View Post
I Love my Benelli Super Vinci. I had a SBE2 and loved it except it wasn't camo. To say that Beretta is just so much better and Benelli is trash is a little outlandish. I don't know where you're looking at prices but I paid 1569 for the super Vinci and around the same for the sbe2. One more thing, if Beretta is Soooooo much better, why does Tom Knapp shoot Benelli?
Dude...Tom Knapp shoots for CZ USA now.....is CZ now the best shotgun out there based on this logic?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
Dude...Tom Knapp shoots for CZ USA now.....is CZ now the best shotgun out there based on this logic?
FYI....Tom died either earlier this year or late last year.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
FYI....Tom died either earlier this year or late last year.
oops.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Ling

Go look at the specs an deny it.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Go look at the specs an deny it.
If you want me to say the beretta kicks harder than the benelli then that won't happen. But to say Benelli is junk and you can't get quality unless you buy a beretta, I can't help but find that absurd.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I looked at the specs when I bought my Vinci. That one on beretta that said "weight: metric ton" is what turned me off. Not saying beretta is a bad gun. Just didn't feel like totin a anvil around.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I looked at the specs when I bought my Vinci. That one on beretta that said "weight: metric ton" is what turned me off. Not saying beretta is a bad gun. Just didn't feel like totin a anvil around.
You right, I shoulda went with a Vinci or sbe cuz that .6 or .3 lbs is just too much difference in weight to be lugging around an "anvil". And to be able to submerge a gun in saltwater and throw it in the case without cleaning it and it be fine to use weeks later far outweighs any of the other smoke Benelli is blowing about how they so much better blah blah blah
Old 08-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
You right, I shoulda went with a Vinci or sbe cuz that .6 or .3 lbs is just too much difference in weight to be lugging around an "anvil". And to be able to submerge a gun in saltwater and throw it in the case without cleaning it and it be fine to use weeks later far outweighs any of the other smoke Benelli is blowing about how they so much better blah blah blah
I have nothing at all against beretta. They are both good guns. But this conversation happens every year. "Benelli is better. No beretta is better". It's crazy. I've seen many berettas not function correctly. I've seen benellis not function correctly. It's all about personal preference. I shot a wingmaster for years. When I finally decided to get an auto it was between benelli and beretta. Went and tried them both and the benelli just felt so much better. I didn't not get the beretta cuz it's "junk" I just prefered the Vinci. I hunt salt marsh and not cleaned my Vinci yet and it still works and no rust. Im not arguing that one is better than the other.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Ling

And yes Benelli is owned by beretta but not the same company. With the a400 you get a lightweight gun that is camo'd and coated to prevent rust. To get a similar type coating for the Benelli it'll cost you 2800. Go check it out. 2800 gets you a coating and a trigger job(pretty pointless on a shotgun that already has a good trigger IMO, it's not a precision rifle for Pete's sake)
Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Ling

QUOTE=Spunt Drag;613613]If you want me to say the beretta kicks harder than the benelli then that won't happen. But to say Benelli is junk and you can't get quality unless you buy a beretta, I can't help but find that absurd.[/QUOTE]

I said they can't hold a candle to durability. Benelli is a decent gun but why spend that much on something when for the same price you can get so much more. Go fill that Benelli with saltwater and then put it in the case and opening day of teal season tell me how it worked out for you. I know how that beretta will work. It'll be just like when I bought it
Old 08-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
QUOTE=Spunt Drag;613613]If you want me to say the beretta kicks harder than the benelli then that won't happen. But to say Benelli is junk and you can't get quality unless you buy a beretta, I can't help but find that absurd.
I said they can't hold a candle to durability. Benelli is a decent gun but why spend that much on something when for the same price you can get so much more. Go fill that Benelli with saltwater and then put it in the case and opening day of teal season tell me how it worked out for you. I know how that beretta will work. It'll be just like when I bought it[/QUOTE]

Who does that? You can't tell me you won't clean that gun afterward, and I've done the same thing with a nova an super nova and they work fine, 9 years on the nova.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I said they can't hold a candle to durability. Benelli is a decent gun but why spend that much on something when for the same price you can get so much more. Go fill that Benelli with saltwater and then put it in the case and opening day of teal season tell me how it worked out for you. I know how that beretta will work. It'll be just like when I bought it
Who does that? You can't tell me you won't clean that gun afterward, and I've done the same thing with a nova an super nova and they work fine, 9 years on the nova.[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I was thinking... why would you abuse an expensive piece of equipment like that?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Ling

I do I have completely dropped my gun in the mud at the wax. I picked the gun up out the mud, splashed it all around in the water until all the mud was gone and finished hunting that day...and the rest of the season before I cleaned it and that was only 1.5 weeks into the season. That's why I push beretta so freaking much. The quality is dang near untouchable
Old 08-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
That's why I push beretta so freaking much. The quality is dang near untouchable
I happen to own both the Benelli (M2) and Beretta (A400). Beretta hands down is the more reliable. It has never jammed; the Benelli jams up on just about any load from 1 1/4oz to heavy 3" duck loads.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Ling

Because I can. I want to hunt and not be cleaning a gun 3-4 times a season. It's enough work as is without having to come home and clean a gun too