SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Flounder

Cash: 790
Default cocodrie tomorrow

heading to cocodrie tomorrow with some buddies. The last few times I have been down there on a west wind I have really struggled. The guys want to head straight for Raccoon point first thing in the morning, I am not super confident on that and wondering if anyone has any advice for fishing what looks like a 10+ MPH west wind in Coco?

thanks THTGC!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopheso View Post
heading to cocodrie tomorrow with some buddies. The last few times I have been down there on a west wind I have really struggled. The guys want to head straight for Raccoon point first thing in the morning, I am not super confident on that and wondering if anyone has any advice for fishing what looks like a 10+ MPH west wind in Coco?

thanks THTGC!

West wind usually pushes the dirty water from the atchafalaya over to cocodrie. Depends how long the west winds have been blowing though. You really don't need to go that far west. Just hit the beaches south of cocodrie if the water is clean.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Flounder

when you beaches, you mean the gulf side of isle deniers and such?
Old 07-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
when you beaches, you mean the gulf side of isle deniers and such?
Yeah, I've done well on all the islands when the water is nice. Just look for bait and birds, etc. The north side in Lake Pelto is good at all the well heads. Just have to bounce around a few of them sometimes to find the fish.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Flounder

looks like we will get there a bit too early for the bait store as well so will be plastics and maybe some frozen shrimp. the wellheads on the northside of pelto might be the fall back plan. I was thinking that same thing about going that far west to raccoon but a couple of the guys did good there a week or two ago and they want to hit it again. Since we aren't taking my boat I don't want to push too hard to change anyone's plans ya know.

thanks for the responses red. talkin bout the trip before the trip is half the fun
Old 07-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
looks like we will get there a bit too early for the bait store as well so will be plastics and maybe some frozen shrimp. the wellheads on the northside of pelto might be the fall back plan. I was thinking that same thing about going that far west to raccoon but a couple of the guys did good there a week or two ago and they want to hit it again. Since we aren't taking my boat I don't want to push too hard to change anyone's plans ya know.

thanks for the responses red. talkin bout the trip before the trip is half the fun

I hear ya! Just keep a game plan in your head so later in the morning you can offer it up to them after you say "i told you so" Haha.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Flounder

exactly!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,480

Call Capt Ricky on Tracie and Macie. Should have bait. (985) 855-6122