SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-09-2009, 01:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003
Default Two 8 points in 2 days!!

Friday after work I killed a decent, young 8 point on my lease. My first buck this year. My buddy, that I am on the lease with, hasn't killed a deer in three years and has never killed a buck. He hasn't been seeing anything out of his stand and I have been seeing deer almost every time out. Been passing on does and spikes and stuff. Well anyway, I tell him to go sit in my stand on Saturday afternoon and he is pumped. So he climbs in my stand at 2:30pm, and gets one window open. When he opens the window he sees a big 8 point standin there and he gets the fever so bad he can barely get on him and shoot. He finally pulls through and kills the buck. He hunted in my stand for approx 45 seconds. He called me right after he killed it, he could hardly talk, he was wreck. It was funny listening to him. So, 2 8 point bucks in two days out my stand. Not bad.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

awesome, now we need pics.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

That's awesome that you did that for him! I'm the same way, it doesn't bother me if I don't kill anything all year, I love bringing people and seeing them kill something out of my stand.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
That's awesome that you did that for him! I'm the same way, it doesn't bother me if I don't kill anything all year, I love bringing people and seeing them kill something out of my stand.
This same thing happened to me twice last year. I hunted all year to kill 2 bucks but I brought a good friend of mine twice and he killed a 8 pt. and 6 pt. in just 2 hunts, he now thinks I hunt in a zoo which could not be further from the truth. It does make you feel good though when you see someone who has not killed much get excited.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
This same thing happened to me twice last year. I hunted all year to kill 2 bucks but I brought a good friend of mine twice and he killed a 8 pt. and 6 pt. in just 2 hunts, he now thinks I hunt in a zoo which could not be further from the truth. It does make you feel good though when you see someone who has not killed much get excited.
Yea I think sometimes I get more excited when somebody else kills something out of my stand. I have 2 buddies that have never killed a deer before, I brought one of them last year and put him in my stand that I always see at least 3 or 4 deer at and he didn't see anything, not even a rabbit all weekend. I went to the stand that I never see anything at and had a 3 point come out about 30 yards away lol.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

Well if either of you need a buddy to hunt out of your stand I can get very excited. lol Nah thats awesome to to have around your stand.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,549

Saw a nice 4 pt some one shot on the back of trailer while driving to work this AM...
Old 11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Friday after work I killed a decent, young 8 point on my lease. My first buck this year. My buddy, that I am on the lease with, hasn't killed a deer in three years and has never killed a buck. He hasn't been seeing anything out of his stand and I have been seeing deer almost every time out. Been passing on does and spikes and stuff. Well anyway, I tell him to go sit in my stand on Saturday afternoon and he is pumped. So he climbs in my stand at 2:30pm, and gets one window open. When he opens the window he sees a big 8 point standin there and he gets the fever so bad he can barely get on him and shoot. He finally pulls through and kills the buck. He hunted in my stand for approx 45 seconds. He called me right after he killed it, he could hardly talk, he was wreck. It was funny listening to him. So, 2 8 point bucks in two days out my stand. Not bad.
Now that's cool......That's what it's all about. I've told myself a million times if I quit getting excited I'll quit hunting & kudo's to you for taking him.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
Now that's cool......That's what it's all about. I've told myself a million times if I quit getting excited I'll quit hunting & kudo's to you for taking him.

I'll never forget that phone call. At the end of the conversation he goes, "Man, I got a headache, I think its too much adrenaline." LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477
Headknocker

Quote:
Quote:
I'll never forget that phone call. At the end of the conversation he goes, "Man, I got a headache, I think its too much adrenaline." LOL
I've gotten excited....but I don't think I've ever given myself a headache.......that's funny! I'd love to watch him shoot one with a bow, he'd pass smooth out!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I've gotten excited....but I don't think I've ever given myself a headache.......that's funny! I'd love to watch him shoot one with a bow, he'd pass smooth out!!!!
LOL, he still hasn't scored anything with his bow. I am thinkin he will **** his pants or pass out or both.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
haha, same here. One of my buddies shot a doe in Arkansas a few weeks ago (1st deer with a bow), he said that it took him a couple of minutes before he could even stand up because he was so nervous. He didn't even think he would be able to pull the bow back lol. He said if a buck ever comes out on him he's sure he's gonna throw up from being so nervous lmao
Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535
Default Deer

Seeing your buddy or a young one all excited after a kill is almost as good as getting one yourself. You are a good buddy for letting your friend hunt your stand. The world would be better off with unselfish folks like yourself. Good job man!