SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 03-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Flounder

Cash: 838
Default Big Sam 3-24 and 3-25

Decided to jump the boarder for the weekend, and visit some family EastTexas cajuns.

Spent all day fishing Saturday and a lil Sunday morning. Fished the north end of the lake both days. The weather (and bite) had a summer feel to it, with the fish being really active up shallow early in the morning and late in the evening (90% of our fish were caught during these times) and the middle of the day was real slow. Water was a little murky, and we caught most of 'em on dark colored, tx rigged, senko and trick worms worked at a dead crawl.

Caught alot of smaller fish up shallow (2-4ft), prob 40-50 for the weekend total. Ended up with about 15 keepers, with the biggest being an acrobatic 4 pounder. Best couple of fishing days of the spring so far. Midday we tried deeper water with Carolina rigs and crankbaits w/o much luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.1lber.jpg (6.2 KB, 136 views)
Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

That's awesome! Man I love Rayburn , haven't been in a few weeks, it's killing me . My brother fished this weekend and they only caught 6 small ones, fishing caney creek area. He will be sick when I show him this report haha. Nice work
Old 03-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Never fished rayburn, ut i need to make a trip up there. A guy i work with has a camp there and murders the fish. He has invited me several times, but we just can't get our days off at the same time.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Flounder

Cash: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAssasin View Post
That's awesome! Man I love Rayburn , haven't been in a few weeks, it's killing me . My brother fished this weekend and they only caught 6 small ones, fishing caney creek area. He will be sick when I show him this report haha. Nice work
I hear that, one of my favorite places, I try and make it out at 3 or 4 times a year. We put in at Harvey Creek, and fished a little south of that on the same side. High water had the small ones pushed way up on the banks. Fished it a few times with the water real low, it was cool to be able to get up in the flooded brush.