SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 10-12-2010, 02:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

The 887 is the biggest POS to hit the market in a long time. I urge you to steer clear of this gun. Do a little internet search on customer reviews. I have a friend that has one and I watched him literally pick it up over his head and toss it in the beans on the dove opener. He hunted about 150 yards from us on the teal opener and we could hear him cussing it then as well. He has had nothing but trouble with it and if you offer him a 6 pack of cheap beer for it he will likely take you up on it. That gun was introduced to compete with the Nova. The Nova is a rattle trap but it is a gun that is reliable.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

My old 870 Express is very dependable. Just kinda heavy. But never had any issues with it.
Love them composite stocks and flat finish. It's a throw down in the bottom of the boat kinda gun. Just rinse off with fresh water and spray with oil after hunting in saltwater.