SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default If you have some free money

You better buy LNG tomorrow when Market opens because it will be back to 15-16 in no time
Old 06-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
You better buy LNG tomorrow when Market opens because it will be back to 15-16 in no time
Where can I get some (FREE) money?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
Where can I get some (FREE) money?
Out your checking account
Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Kyocera Dealer

That ain't free homme!!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
That ain't free homme!!
Its free for this cheap market...I'm loading every penny I own tomorrow in LNG...hope the bills are paid
Old 06-01-2012, 09:04 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,825

Kinda like when my daughter asked me one time if I had any money I wasn't using lol....
Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Kyocera Dealer

What you dumping
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Kinda like when my daughter asked me one time if I had any money I wasn't using lol....
Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
What you dumping
Old 06-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,065

May or may not want to check out these stocks. I bought AOI.V (Africa oil corp.)couple of months ago @ 1.90 a share closed Friday @ 9.69. They have just started drilling in that part of the world. May be to late to get in on that one but there is several others you can research. Far limited, Pancontinal oil & gas (PCL.AX), Hrn.v
These are all oil companys that own the rights to drill in east africa. They pretty much have to team up with a major to actually drill.

The only one that has rigs drilling right now is Africa Oil when the rigs moved in stock shot up like a rocket. Pancontinental owns the offshore rights and has teamed up with Apache oil they have a drill ship moving in next month. May or may not pay off They are all foreign stock exchange but stock is cheap enough now that any movement at all is a very good thing. Either make some money or lose it
Old 06-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrex View Post
May or may not want to check out these stocks. I bought AOI.V (Africa oil corp.)couple of months ago @ 1.90 a share closed Friday @ 9.69. They have just started drilling in that part of the world. May be to late to get in on that one but there is several others you can research. Far limited, Pancontinal oil & gas (PCL.AX), Hrn.v
These are all oil companys that own the rights to drill in east africa. They pretty much have to team up with a major to actually drill.

The only one that has rigs drilling right now is Africa Oil when the rigs moved in stock shot up like a rocket. Pancontinental owns the offshore rights and has teamed up with Apache oil they have a drill ship moving in next month. May or may not pay off They are all foreign stock exchange but stock is cheap enough now that any movement at all is a very good thing. Either make some money or lose it

I bought a good bit of Apache Stock at 88 and it was up to 112-115 but now with this bad Market down to 81..

Apache is a stong stong stock and will climb back up in the mid 120s soon ...

I will check out that AOI.V stock monday
Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

AOI.V has a market cap of 2 billion. The company has an ROE of -16% so they are losing money right now. I guess the runup in stock price is based on speculation.

Splits: Sep 22, 1999 [1:5]Africa Oil Corp (AOI.V)

-TSXV

Prev Close:10.56Open:9.98Bid:9.65Ask:9.721y Target Est:11.95Beta:N/ANext Earnings Date:N/ADay's Range:9.63 - 10.1652wk Range:1.10 - 11.35Volume:1,954,468Avg Vol (3m):2,047,060Market Cap:2.06BP/E (ttm):N/AEPS (ttm):N/ADiv & Yield:N/A (N/A)
Quotes delayed, except where indicated otherwise. Currency in CAD.

.can_ad_slug { BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(http://l.yimg.com/d/lib/can_intersti...oice_1.4.png); PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; LINE-HEIGHT: 14px; MARGIN: 1px 0px 1px 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; DISPLAY: block; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; FONT-FAMILY: arial; BACKGROUND-POSITION: right 50%; HEIGHT: 14px; COLOR: #999; FONT-SIZE: 11px; CURSOR: hand; TEXT-DECORATION: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px}.ad_slug_table A { TEXT-DECORATION: none}.ad_slug_table DIV.CAN_marker { DISPLAY: none}AdChoices
Old 06-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,065

No they just logged one of the 4 wells they drilled thats why it is going up. They hit a 60 meter pay zone before they even got to there target. It is a gamble though. Think it is to late to get in on the AOI stock would not buy it @ 10 but I am buying PCL.AX @ .16. Apache is the operator and putting up the money.

But one of there rigs drilled into bedrock and it is now in the process of moving over about 3 miles to try again. These areas should have as much oil as Saudi Arabia it is actually the same fields. Never have been able to drill there before because of the rebels. The goverments are now protecting the rigs and they are drilling.

May not be for everybody just I either own or have owned most of the stocks mentioned here so thought I would throw these out there for people to look at.
The stock that I already have a buy order in for in the morning is Herculues Offshore (HERO)

Last edited by mrex; 06-03-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 683

Quote:
Quote:
Its free for this cheap market...I'm loading every penny I own tomorrow in LNG...hope the bills are paid
Down over $1 since open....Good Luck
Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREON View Post
Down over $1 since open....Good Luck
Did not buy at open....got in at 11.55...all in
Old 06-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Waitin on it to hit single didget's.Holding off on APa a little longer too. Got my stock alert seton both of them.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

You may get lucky with this stock, and I hope you do, but putting money into this is no different that putting it all on black at the roulette table. What's the P/E of this stock? I'll answer that for you - they don't have one because it has never turned a profit. If you buy it you are basically buying debt, and a ton of it, with the prospect to make money but that's just it, a prospect...

Hopefully it gives you a short term bounce
Old 06-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedatiger View Post
You may get lucky with this stock, and I hope you do, but putting money into this is no different that putting it all on black at the roulette table. What's the P/E of this stock? I'll answer that for you - they don't have one because it has never turned a profit. If you buy it you are basically buying debt, and a ton of it, with the prospect to make money but that's just it, a prospect...

Hopefully it gives you a short term bounce

You can ask Will E Fish on this...me and him have been riding this stock for the good over a year or so...

I have made enough on this stock that if he tanked I would still be ahead today at buying a ton of shares at 11.55...
I also sold some AT&T today and bought more at 11.27

This stock will pile up to 14 and I will sell half then sell the other at 15 up
Old 06-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will"E"Fish View Post
Waitin on it to hit single didget's.Holding off on APa a little longer too. Got my stock alert seton both of them.

APA is a great buy right now....in the 70's...this stock has not seen this price in a long long time,...

Im in it from the long haul since i bought in a 88...so I have to ride the wave back up...

I would buy in soon
Old 06-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 656

I don't know much about stocks, but day trading soybean or wheat commodities is where the fun is at!