SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 02-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Default Response from Congressman, Cedric Richmond...

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]February 8, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Dear Mr. Fisher,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Thank you for contacting me regarding gun legislation.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
As an attorney and long-time legislator I believe the 2nd Amendment is sacrosanct. That being said, I also do not believe that the 2nd amendment prevents the legislative branch from acting to minimize the frequent and widespread violence in our nation. I am not, nor have I ever been in favor of taking guns away from law-abiding adults but I do have grave concerns about the usefulness of high capacity magazines and certain military style weapons. Families should be able to protect themselves from danger and sportsmen should be able to freely pursue their favorite activities, but we must not be paralyzed with inaction when we have the ability to prevent mass murders. Nothing we do will eliminate violence or bring back the many lives we have lost, but I feel deeply that we must discuss possible policies that would improve the current state of affairs to make progress in this area. These issues are terribly complex and elicit great passion on every side of the argument. This will be robust and sensitive debate and I welcome the opportunity to hear from each of my constituents regarding this very important conversation.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I appreciate you taking the time to write me on this important issue. I invite you to stay connected with me through my e-newsletter. You can sign-up on my website at http://richmond.house.gov. I am also on Facebook at facebook.com/RepRichmond and Twitter at twitter.com/RepRichmond. My office is here to serve you, so please don't hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Here was my response to him....

[SIZE=2]Representative Richmond,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]As an avid gun owner, hunter, shooter and, collector, I hope that I see your name on a ballot soon, if you truly feel that I have no right to possess or purchase magazines to my liking and, as you call it, “military style weapons.” The reason I’d like to see your name on a ballot is simple, I will be voting for you to be out of office. “Military style weapons” are no more lethal than any other. Case and point, I own a Ruger 10/22. It has a wood stock right now but, in 20 minutes, I can dress it up to be on your style of weapon. The function has not changed one bit.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Instead of going after those of us who abide by the laws your “community” (D.C.) has set forth, how about you go after the root of the problem, mental illness. It is well known that we are, by far, the most medicated nation in the world. Why is that? Is it pharmaceutical companies lobbying in D.C.? That’s what I figure the big problem is. The mentally deranged are behind more than half a dozen of the latest killing sprees. I want to be able to protect myself and my family from them, with whatever firearm I deem necessary. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Normal people are not the enemy here. We aren’t killing anyone in mass. We aren’t killing anyone at all. However, we are being punished as though we are. Joe Biden was overheard just the other day saying that no new gun law would stop mass killings or lower the murder rate. While he wasn’t meant to be heard and posted on CNN, it was likely the first thing that he’s ever said that had any merit, in my mind. Until D.C. admits to what the real problem is, we as taxpayers and, law abiding citizens will continue to suffer on multiple fronts. To name a few, we will be watching our tax dollars wasted on mindless laws that do no good for anyone. We will donate our spare money to groups who advocate for us, such as the NRA and, we will be further oppressed by more useless laws that NO CRIMINAL FOLLOWS![/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Again, if you can’t understand why guns laws won’t help, please understand why I cannot vote for you.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Sincerely,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Corey Fisher, Law abiding citizen[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Fisher[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Collision[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Center[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]225-647-2772[/SIZE]
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

nice!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Aaaaaaannnnndddddddd.... I like it!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 758

Well said...
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Flounder

Cash: 1,709

Awesome response....
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Great response.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,087

What a way to call it, you sure you aren't Ted Nugent..........
Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

well played sir!!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:54 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaf View Post
What a way to call it, you sure you aren't Ted Nugent..........
hahahahaha ... that wasnt nearly aggresive enough to be uncle ted
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Good for you. I did not send that POS a letter because he was not for my district. Now I might have to. Thanks for taking the time to respon with a thought out counter for his blatant disregard for his constituents. Most would not reply at all, and I'm sure a lot of the ones that do go all Alex Jones in their email. These politicians need to be reminded that they work for us, and we will happily can their @$$ if they do not comply with our wishes.