SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Old 01-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454
Default Stock Wars App

Well I started on the Stock Was app a couple of days ago. Looking for some more ideas on investments. Anything you guys are looking at right now that I should check out?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Globalstar symbol GSAT.
satellite communications company. Louisiana based. About to blow up after FCC approval in a few month to sell their broadband for public use. Also, Cool products that hunters and fisherman can use in the field. Check out their SPOT products.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Globalstar symbol GSAT.
satellite communications company. Louisiana based. About to blow up after FCC approval in a few month to sell their broadband for public use. Also, Cool products that hunters and fisherman can use in the field. Check out their SPOT products.
Ill go grab a few shares and see how it does... thanks for the tip. I see the company is based in Covington... very cool.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

OII, HAL, LNG, Exxon, Chevron. I like to invest in the industry I work in. I know what companys do things the right way and are strong and growing. What do you do? Invest in what you know. Also, I look around and see what company's seem to be leaders in their prospective markets. I also have owned Ford, AT&T, Apple, and Google. That is one way. Another is to cruise investing sites and see who the advisors are pumping up. Research the company's see what's going on with them and if you agree go with it. It's not a good idea to just buy something because someone recommends it blindly. You need to make your own decision on weather to buy or not after you research it. I mean it is your money. You wouldn't just go buy a truck, gun, boat, fishing rod or anything else just because someone said you should right? Good luck and have fun.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:20 AM
Tripletail

I have a few that I have invested in... Was just getting some other ideas to diversify a bit... I enjoy fishing around on some of these recommended companies and then making an educated decision. Nothing is blind ;-)

Sent from my fruity phone
Old 01-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Reread my post and I sure do sound like a know it all Ahole don't I? Just trying to help. Sorry, I really hate that about myself sometimes.

Trading is really fun. I go through phazes where I'm all into it and then I'll go awhile and not even look at them. My father in law got me into it years and years ago. He is absolutely obsesive about it. I hope I never get like him.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Tripletail

No offense taken man... I'm sure it looks the same on both sides...

My post sounds innocent but some people read it like this:
Hey what are you guys investing in to make money so I can invest in it too without doing any research whatsoever and reaping the benefits off of you.

Haha... I've been watching the market for years but have never invested in stocks so I don't have any notes or historical data... I just enjoy reading about stocks and seeing how they rise and fall. Decided to start playing the App version of trading and see how that goes for a while. Maybe someday I'll have the stones to invest my own money... but with 3 kids and a mortgage it's just not in the cards right now.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:56 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524
Default Stock Wars upgrade?

Anyone know what the cost is of the "upgrade" and what extra features go with it? Sure would be nice if it had "limit orders" available. Odd that the cost isn't posted.