SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2017, 09:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutSupport.com View Post
Thanks for all that helped in any way they could. How's the water levels in La?

My boat was in the shop so I went to Rockport where Harvey hit, spent a week there cutting downed trees and gutting sheetrock and insulation.
WAY to go Trout. I just got back from Rockport helping out for a week with Samaritan's Purse (what a great group!) Rockport and parts of Aransas Pass including Port Aransas are a mess. It'll be a couple of years before they recover. Wish I could figure out how to post a pic, but there was one mobile home we worked on that was totally destroyed IMO, but FEMA told the owner that she needs to repair it. What a load of crap! Half the roof was torn off and the whole trailer was shifted sideways. I'm not saying that the owner doesn't owe some responsibility, but to say that her trailer could be repaired was ridiculous. It was trashed. All we could save was some of her inside contents (and very few of those), but her attitude was "oh well, guess I'll have to live with it."

Very sad for all, we are so fortunate.