SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,038

Nuttin Photoshopped. Real deal !
Old 06-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
and your point?
Young people do read this website, try to convey an opinion without vulgarity if possible. If you choose to speak this way around your children then so be it...

We've been lax on this lately on the mod side. All we are asking is to respect others readers is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMP CANARD View Post
Easy on us Pilgrims
Who's up front? I can't tell if it's a "I just killed man" look or a "I'm about to kill a man" look.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Could have a new record for members following a thread......Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 29 (27 members and 2 guests). Either way W, we got ya back. Mr. Crab is bout to break the 350 bench press mark. And that is one dude I wouldn't want to tangle with. I support W.
Before my brother broke his knee he was an amateur body builder. 5' 6", 185lbs, and pressing a little over 450. He was a bull.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

^This guy right here......yeah, he's asking for it

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2014, 10:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Two of my children are members here, and although they don't post much, they like to read the discussions. It would be nice to maintain a family friendly environment.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

What did I miss that was vulgar, I didn't see anything that was any more vulgar than I would see by simply turning on the TV to basic cable channels.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:48 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
^This guy right here......yeah, he's asking for it

If you're implying that im asking for something you are greatly mistaken. You also read a whole lot into my comment that wasn't there if thats the case.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:37 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
If you're implying that im asking for something you are greatly mistaken. You also read a whole lot into my comment that wasn't there if thats the case.
Wasn't talking about your comment. Someone else's comment got removed.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:42 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Wasn't talking about your comment. Someone else's comment got removed.

Roger that bro. My apologies.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Roger that bro. My apologies.
No biggie. Looks like he got what he asked for. Lol

Old 06-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
No biggie. Looks like he got what he asked for. Lol

I always miss the good stuff.lol
Old 06-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
😢😭😢😭😭😭😢😢😢😢😢😓😓😓😥😥😥😥😪😪😪😪😪😪
Can't tell but I bet he is trying to be a holeish
Old 06-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Flounder

Cash: 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSteelsetter View Post
So....I'm guessing there's got to be a few pen wizards on here with sharp literary skills. Why don't we appoint someone to use some of that data from MG (and W?) and write up some articles. Newspaper, magazines, journals, etc. It's not that difficult. Unfortunately I don't fish enough or have the specific insight on this issue to be of much help. However, if MG's data is all legit and published, or at least if he gets it peer reviewed by some credible third party sources, it could do a lot to get this info into the public eye a bit.

On another note. I know everyone is working, and concerned with, agencies and contractors etc. Why don't y'all appoint a few members with some time to promote the agenda from a political standpoint? It's really very easy to lobby for something on your own as a citizen not affiliated with anybody but just concerned over a specific issue. I did it many times in high school (mom was a freelance lobbyist and political guru). You can go to the capital while they are in session or to their offices when they aren't and speak with the Senators and Reps personally most of the time. Doesn't take much at all to get some backing. You can use friends made in the house and senate as a little leverage on certain agencies or groups.

House of Representatives committee of Ag, forestry, Aquaculture and Rural development. tada! http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Cmtes/H_CMTE_AG.asp

House Committee on Natural Resources and Environment http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Cmtes/H_CMTE_NR.asp

House Appropriations Committee http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Cmtes/H_CMTE_Ap.asp
MathGeek's superiors will not allow him speaking to the press as of yet. But we tried. :-)
Old 06-11-2014, 12:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckmeister View Post
MathGeek's superiors will not allow him speaking to the press as of yet. But we tried. :-)
It's not so much superiors in this case as colleagues and journals with embargo rules (no release to press prior to publication). Releasing material or speaking to the press considerably narrows the field of journals when it comes time to publish in ways that speaking on internet forums, presenting at meetings, etc. does not. Releasing material to the press can also create a negative bias among likely peer-reviewers.

Then there are the practical issues of preparing the data for more formal presentation or publication. We have the 2014 creel survey data and have prepared preliminary graphs showing the relative condition factors of each species in 2000, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. But we do not yet have the 2014 oyster stock assessment data for comparison, and this data will not be available to late July (best case). Our research team tends to think that we need to wait for the oyster data before any graphs are released in any venue.

There is also the practical matter of digging deeper into the data analysis by computing correlation coefficients between the relative condition factors and other factors which may have an influence such as water temperature and salinity as was suggested by peer reviewers of the report from an earlier year. Just yesterday, we downloaded the USGS temperature and salinity data and computed mean 30, 60, and 90 day temperatures and salinities at Hackberry and Cameron for each study day and year in the data sets in preparation for computing the correlation coefficients. But completing this analysis will take some time, and we are currently working out the prioritization of this and several other interesting projects. Income generating projects usually get higher priority than unpaid work, and summer is a busy time for other projects.

I think the best case might be that we'd be able to share 2014 data in meetings and forums by August or September, which would also be the earliest we might have something to submit to a peer-reviewed journal. The peer-review and publication process varies from 3-9 months in most cases, so claiming peer-review in front of the LWC is likely not possible until Nov or Dec for 2014 data, and release to the press is not possible until publication (or at least until journal acceptance if the journal does not have a press embargo).