SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Saltycajun is not a bad site

It's actually has the most actively out of all the fishing forums in la

Have you been on La Sportsman or RodReel ?

Casey does run a huge company plus has two boys in every sport imaginable..

We have had some huge benefit success with our crew here
Old 10-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
As if you're losing tons of money on this thing, you woulda shut it down long ago if you were. As far as me logging on and it not working one day, I literally couldn't care less. I was a paying member and decided it wasn't worth it. Several posters above said the same thing. You always get bit?hy when premium memberships are brought up and say the same ole tired a$$ sad songs and make the same ole threats. Just pull the trigger if its that bad. Do yourself a favor.
Cool man your gone. Your attitude sucks so your banned. If you are going to look at the site this way then you won' be here anymore.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
I use to come on this site daily, was a premium member, started many threads about fishing, fishing reports bla bla bla

Was chastised (by other members ((caughguidecaugh)) for posting map images for helping out an out of towner that had never been to BL

I liked this place, but I don't need the hassle. I came here to make friends talk fishing get and give advise, and fish with others, make fishing reports, and I have. Ive used guides from this sit as well bought items from the sponsors that advertised here (guess no more sponsors as Casey has stated, Ive been gone a while)

There are members here that run others off, thus I believe is the downward spiral

I check it out once in a blue moon, to see if things have changed, Im not surprised at the decline. Unless things change, Im sure one day, SC.com will not be found

good luck. Im out
Good to know you are still around Marty. Miss your reports and Arkansas house pics.
IMO, 1 year for $50 is a cheap price for the entertainment
Old 10-05-2016, 10:02 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

The only reason I drop by anymore is to watch the "guides" fight and make threats and to clown people for not being able to spell.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:03 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Good to know you are still around Marty. Miss your reports and Arkansas house pics.
IMO, 1 year for $50 is a cheap price for the entertainment

The internet is full of free entertainment.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Went way up. Jeff was hosting this site as well so I had to find someone else. I was faced with the same decision as Jeff let it go or pay more. Jeff was giving me a good deal for years.
That is what I figured....He was giving Mont a good deal on the Texan site too!
Old 10-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Saltycajun is not a bad site

It's actually has the most actively out of all the fishing forums in la

Have you been on La Sportsman or RodReel ?

Casey does run a huge company plus has two boys in every sport imaginable..

We have had some huge benefit success with our crew here
Thanks W I will never regret purchasing this site I have made some many important relationships through this site and I know we have helped a lot of people along the way.Forums generally decline over time they become really popular then die down that's the life of a forum. Some like 2 cool are able to stand the test of time. I hope this one can as well and I know it has potential. Nothing has changed with how we run the site same polices same procedures. You guys started this site to have a more open forum to discuss all things outdoors/sports, etc... We never wanted to moderate it to death. When things get way out of hand we ban or move threads but try to let as much go as we can. A forum is all about the members and what you guys make of it. It can be great again but that requires posting your reports on here and not facebook. I think it's easy to post on facebook so people just do that and do not come and repeat the same post here on the site so that hurts us.I will be doing a premium drawing next week it's my fault for letting that slide. I'm planning to take next fall off from coaching football and if I do bring back the tournament if people really want it and will support it. I just didn't have time this year.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREON View Post
That is what I figured....He was giving Mont a good deal on the Texan site too!
Jeff is a good guy he was always straight with me.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Lol I can't argue with you on that one.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Understand that, I guess it's just different in my eyes because I've met some of the people behind the screen names and enjoyed their company. All good people regardless of their on-line reputation.
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
I was a paying member for many years... I have since quit... basically bc this place as went to total ****!
Didn't you win a trophy and a nice check prizes from one of our tourney's in which there were only 5-8 people in the event. How quickly people forget what the site has done for them over the years.
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Understand that, I guess it's just different in my eyes because I've met some of the people behind the screen names and enjoyed their company. All good people regardless of their on-line reputation.
Well said.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
hey Casey, i am sure you don't need any more responsibilities, but how bout a raffle forum in the premium section, raffle off different outdoor items for premium members to win, sell spots for a certain $ amount enough to cover item and shipping and handling costs, maybe that can help drum up new premium members, the item is not purchased till the raffle is finished, then shipped directly from vendor to winner, see photo for example from a facebook group
Good idea the free drawings will be coming back next week.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
This website really used to be some thing good several years back. I have met and fished with some awesome people and learned a whole lot about life down here from the people ive met. Got where I am today because of those relationships. This place has gone to **** and I constantly see posts that I'd expect on facebook. I see arguments that belong on a daytime drama show. This place has changed for the worse, and I hate to see what it's become.
You were a big part of what was great about the site. Now from my side I think you and others just moved on. Life got busy things happen I'm guilty of it to. If you go back and look at the gill net the fights back in the beginning were epic, way worse than anything we have had on here in years. That Adams thread is a joke compared to the W v/s state of Texas and Ryan R fights. I know you won free $200 sunglasses off of the site, good things happened we all get busy. It's the same site with less activity a natural occurrence for a forum.We are at a crossroad we can make the site great again and get the post count up or it can continue to decline. It's really up to the members. I've paid for the bandwidth so it's live.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:21 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Cool man your gone. Your attitude sucks so your banned. If you are going to look at the site this way then you won' be here anymore.

See, "You're"
Old 10-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 518

Would doing away with the classified part of the site help the bandwith? It seems there's not much activity on that portion of the site.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
See, "You're"
There you go! If you think that was bad, go premium. The spelling in The Gill Net is horrible. W really gets on a roll in "their". We discuss college football "poles" as well. Endless laughs for you. You would "loose" your "mine"!
Old 10-05-2016, 10:35 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
There you go! If you think that was bad, go premium. The spelling in The Gill Net is horrible. W really gets on a roll in "their". We discuss college football "poles" as well. Endless laughs for you. You would "loose" your "mine"!

I swear nobody can get lose and loose straight.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
I swear nobody can get lose and loose straight.
Sell and sale makes me chuckle
Old 10-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Didn't you win a trophy and a nice check prizes from one of our tourney's in which there were only 5-8 people in the event. How quickly people forget what the site has done for them over the years.
really! really! the man was a paying contributing member for many years helping to keep this site going and make it better and you take a cheap shot at him like that just for giving you his honest opinion and feedback?

c'mon man, I know your under pressure but damn, he didn't deserve that at all and it doesn't represent you well to act that way.