SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Thanksgiving morning hunt

Got up and decided to pass the morning away on the water. The tide range was 0.3 and that means very little fish activity. I was determined not to use any bait as I have been getting better fish with plastics than those useing bait. I don't like fooling with the hardheads and white trout. If I miss a flounder so be it. Lord knows I get more than my fair share of fish.

After some coffee I headed for the marina. The air was dead still as I launched the boat.

Headed out through an almost empty marina. A few hunters were already back from the hunt and may have been getting ready to go fishing. Cast & Blast is a popular thing in this neck of the (can't say woods) country.

I saw some trout being caught at the jump on shrimp. They have been here for about a week. It is holding specks and white trout.

The river was overcast. We had some fog last night but it was not bad at all in the morning. As calm as things were I expected a lot of fog. The boat and ship activity on the river was heavier than I expected for a holiday.

Once where I wanted to fish the fun began. The only ripple was my bait hitting the water. I tried two places and after a half hour of working the area I moved on. I was useing a tandum rig and had 2 poles set up so I was throwing 4 different colors at times. At my third spot I get a hit and this guy decides to spend the morning with me. A nice 17 incher. It took an opening night/chartruse.

I keep working the area and the only other action is a 15 1/2 inch redfish. At least I am finaly seeing some action on this exceptionaly still day. I was near areas that others were fishing in the past and did not want to bother them. Today was my chance to scout and explore the bottom structure for future referance. After finding some interesting spots with no action I headed to a spot I was at earlier that had no action but is usually good. This time somebody below woke up.

All these last ones were out of the same mould. This time the color was purple/chartruse. I managed 3 more before I had to head home for some Turkey, stuffing, turnips, potatoes, both white and sweet, and pumpkin pie. This was followed by a rest on the couch before going out and filleting the catch of the day. Today was a relaxed calm day on the water.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 11-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Great report Capt. Happy Thanksgiving