SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

All I can say is I hope there is overwhelming evidence that the officer done only what was necessary. The media and the black community is out for blood. As far as the officer in the video is concerned? What do they expect him to say? "Please don't or I'll have to leave?" These thugs are repeatedly making threats, vandalizing, looting and were supposed to lay down? You fight force with force. These animals claim they want justice? Go home and let the system do its job! They just want an excuse to destroy a city and be thugs. Carpet bomb their azz and be done!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Yeah like the dude the stomped and arrested and had the wrong guy the charged him with destruction of police property for bleeding on their uniforms.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:25 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090

Reminds me of our public schools . . this stuff happens everyday . .
Old 08-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

How long should one let a 6'6" 320lb grown man beat on them before they use deadly force??
Old 08-20-2014, 02:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
How long should one let a 6'6" 320lb grown man beat on them before they use deadly force??
Not very..I would say a man of that size is using deadly force when he swings his fists at you....One properly placed blow and its game over
Old 08-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
Not very..I would say a man of that size is using deadly force when he swings his fists at you....One properly placed blow and its game over
Exactly. And who's to say he won't take your weapon and use it on you if opportunity presents itself.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Exactly. And who's to say he won't take your weapon and use it on you if opportunity presents itself.
So are you saying that if you have a son who is a big man, you have no issue if he is shot and killed because a police officer feels that he is "threatening" him? (Yes i am well aware that there was more to the situation than this)

Keep in mind that said police officers actions are only reviewed by other police officers who work in the same system that he does. There is no independent review of his actions.

I understand that it's very easy to second guess a police officer while he is out doing his duty, at the same time i do believe that deadly force is a necessary option for the police officer to draw on to do his duty.

And that is exactly why reviews of all shootings should be conducted by completely independent entities. Who should have the power to hold the officer severely accountable for improper conduct.

Overwhelmingly most police officers are good folks doing good work trying to uphold the law, but like with everything there are bad and very rotten apples in the mix. Independent review with strong disciplinary action for misconduct may cause those bad apples to think twice.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Just think , whats gunna happen when there aren't enough people working to pay into the system to take care of the deadbeats sucking the system dry. The day is coming and it probly be our children and grandchildren who will have to deal with it. It can't keep going like it is. Sooner than later the money's going to run out. You quit feeding a dog do you think he's still gunna be your friend or turn into a coyote ? There once was a man that found a snake dieing in the cold. He took the snake in and fed him and kept him warm. When the snake was able to fend for itself the man picked it up to bring it out to take care of itself and the snake bit him. He told the snake I took care of you and fed you and you turn and bite me ? The snake told him , you knew i was a snake when you took me in.............
Old 08-20-2014, 04:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
Just think , whats gunna happen when there aren't enough people working to pay into the system to take care of the deadbeats sucking the system dry. The day is coming and it probly be our children and grandchildren who will have to deal with it. It can't keep going like it is. Sooner than later the money's going to run out. You quit feeding a dog do you think he's still gunna be your friend or turn into a coyote ? There once was a man that found a snake dieing in the cold. He took the snake in and fed him and kept him warm. When the snake was able to fend for itself the man picked it up to bring it out to take care of itself and the snake bit him. He told the snake I took care of you and fed you and you turn and bite me ? The snake told him , you knew i was a snake when you took me in.............
That's when they will come after our stuff cause you know they aren't going to work.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
Are we ignoring the fact that a snake is talking ?
That guys on acid.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I think that If anyone has a reason they should be allowed to peaceably protest and march. I also think that ANY looter should be shot on site.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Ling

uploadfromtaptalk1408574708749.jpg
Old 08-20-2014, 05:47 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
That guys on acid.

I was wondering what kind of snake this was, but acid is a better explanation
Old 08-20-2014, 05:50 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633

Clampy, what kind of phone do you have? That bad boy has a thermostat!!?? Or is that location services??
Old 08-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
So Clampy, are you siding with the thugs?
Old 08-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
That guys on acid.
Maybe it's just weed. It would be ok then. Right?
Old 08-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
Clampy, what kind of phone do you have? That bad boy has a thermostat!!?? Or is that location services??
Galaxy S 5
Old 08-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
So Clampy, are you siding with the thugs?
I take no sides. I just point out that there is 2 of them.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
So are you saying that if you have a son who is a big man, you have no issue if he is shot and killed because a police officer feels that he is "threatening" him? (Yes i am well aware that there was more to the situation than this)

Keep in mind that said police officers actions are only reviewed by other police officers who work in the same system that he does. There is no independent review of his actions.

I understand that it's very easy to second guess a police officer while he is out doing his duty, at the same time i do believe that deadly force is a necessary option for the police officer to draw on to do his duty.

And that is exactly why reviews of all shootings should be conducted by completely independent entities. Who should have the power to hold the officer severely accountable for improper conduct.

Overwhelmingly most police officers are good folks doing good work trying to uphold the law, but like with everything there are bad and very rotten apples in the mix. Independent review with strong disciplinary action for misconduct may cause those bad apples to think twice.
I most certainly agree. The system that is in place now is faulty at best. They (justice sytem and LE) are very weak when it comes to punishing one of their own. I do however in this case believe the officers actions were justified. I say that based only on what I have read. It may not be the case once all evidence has come out.
In this case it is a national story so the federal justice system will be gearing up for press comferences. Once again unlawfully intervening in a state issue.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Maybe it's just weed. It would be ok then. Right?
Smoked a lot of weed back in the day and never heard any animals talk.