SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 03-19-2019, 08:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 3-18-19 & 3-19-19

Last Friday when I go back from Toledo I took a ride out to Calcasieu point to look at water and get an idea how fishing has been. The few I did talk to reported good flounder and red action but little to no trout. This was surprising as water was beautiful. When I got off graveyards Monday morning had every intention on fishing this area but found out spicers had live shrimp so drove around to other side and fished kelso, salt ditch , black lake area. Did not catch a trout! I caught 10-12 reds and all of them were 15 1/2"- 15 7-8" lol! Not one keeper. It was very windy and cloudy and cold. Fished 4 hours and had enough. The next day I went out to take a look at boat and noticed I still had 20 or so live shrimp so around 2pm I launched at Calcasieu Point and my very first cast caught a 14" trout. After a couple hours I caught a 12-15 trout but only 6 were keepers and ran out of live shrimp. I thru plastic, gulp, twitch baits, and they were not having any of up. I talked to LDWF and she had checked 6 boats so far and each only had a trout or two and maybe a flounder. A lot of guides were still out so it may have been better than that report. I got back at 4 and all were gone. I'm going to give it another try in am and see if I can find some better fish as I only had a couple hours to try but tomorrow have all day. Will still be limited fishing out of my small aluminum boat but water looks good and I think fish should be in there. West side canals were not too bad but the tide was really hard over there the day before with this full moon. Today may have been as hard an incoming tide I've seen in LNG but very fishable. Anyway came here looking for reports and didn't see much except W had a few good trips before this latest cold spell. Hopefully have a better report tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:36 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

Thanks for the report.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Now THAT is a fishing report. Thank you for posting.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:32 AM
Flounder

Cash: 469

Good to see you back on the water MEM1971, thanks for the report!!!!!
Old 03-20-2019, 08:27 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 381

Thanks for the report. Going out Thursday after work to give it a shot. Hopefully I will have a report.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:48 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Went 3-18-2019 out of Rockefeller. Fished 9:00 --> 4:30 PM. Inside water so-so, water along coast was pretty due to 3+ days of North wind, but still, no bites. Caught 2- B. Drum around 3:00 PM on dead shrimp (ugggg) on "inside", nothing else was biting. Crabs were super-super slow, based on the 3-4 crabbers I spoke with. MY take is the Cold Front kinda shut most everything down, or made them super "picky". Tried fishing 2-12' depths. Not much bird action and not much activity on the surface.

Last edited by Jrchip1; 03-20-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 9,560

We were out there yesterday too. Threw everything we had at em and did not get a single bite in 6 hours. Gulp, tsunami, top water, matrix, vudu, murrodines... you know it. Zero.