SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 11-25-2014, 06:15 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Anyone going out today? Looks like it will be a mud flat after lunch with 20knot N winds and a hard falling tide
Old 11-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
Potlickers are there whether you post or not so that shouldn't stop anyone from posting. I have been told to watch what I post but potllickers are actually rare.

I would suggest lures or techniques, and only mention areas that you fish. That info could be the the difference for someone taking their kids out and having a great time.

I would hope more people would post, but it is disappointing that so many people don't.

PS Great job Clampy!
Good reports make for more ppl on the water forsure! and they study your photos to find out where you were. Just look at any report made now. you will have 5 replies and 400 views. This is 100% the reason why most of us dont post reports anymore.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
Good reports make for more ppl on the water forsure! and they study your photos to find out where you were. Just look at any report made now. you will have 5 replies and 400 views. This is 100% the reason why most of us dont post reports anymore.
The reports section seems to be for guides to advertise how much fish they catch. I don't even read reports posted by guides because they tell me nothing. When I post a report I try to be as helpful as possible without giving the exact location. I bet if fishing reports were restricted and only able to be viewed by users who have posted a report in the last month or so there would be a greater exchange of information. I don't mind sharing some tips with someone who is serious about fishing, but I think there are lots of Salt Lifer's on here just looking for a short cut.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
The reports section seems to be for guides to advertise how much fish they catch. I don't even read reports posted by guides because they tell me nothing. When I post a report I try to be as helpful as possible without giving the exact location. I bet if fishing reports were restricted and only able to be viewed by users who have posted a report in the last month or so there would be a greater exchange of information. I don't mind sharing some tips with someone who is serious about fishing, but I think there are lots of Salt Lifer's on here just looking for a short cut.
I agree with out 100% and the report section shouldnt be able to be viewed by guests.... Id say reports should only be able to be viewed by Premium members that help support this forum.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Been saying that. Good call.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
^^^^^
Old 11-26-2014, 05:13 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
That's not really true

I post info about what I caught then on and sometimes areas , I'm sure not going to post GPS spots or tell you exactly on the internet

Most guides put in years and years of fishing that cost us lots of money to do , and people pay us to take them fishing so I'm not going to risk an area or spot to be flocked with people

I have helped tons of people on this site over the years so before you label it as "guides"
It's not all if us
Old 11-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
That's not really true

I post info about what I caught then on and sometimes areas , I'm sure not going to post GPS spots or tell you exactly on the internet

Most guides put in years and years of fishing that cost us lots of money to do , and people pay us to take them fishing so I'm not going to risk an area or spot to be flocked with people

I have helped tons of people on this site over the years so before you label it as "guides"
It's not all if us
^^^^^^^
Old 11-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,211
Default .

Decided to take advantage of the north winds and hit one of my favorite spots today, and boy did it pay off. I did not see another soul on the beach today. Little Florida or bust get em while they there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (99.1 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (64.3 KB, 185 views)
Old 11-26-2014, 09:19 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
That's not really true

It's not all if us
You are an exception. Captain Hoop is another one. But for the most part any "report" posted by a professional is a picture of a bunch of fish with little to no info other than a plug for one of their sponsors. That's great but it doesn't do someone like me any good. I don't expect anyone posting a report to give out any coordinates, I don’t, but things like water condition, tidal conditions, what depth the fish were holding or other things that can help an experienced fisherman determine a good plan for his next trip. These things don't mean anything to people who don't know how to fish but can mean a lot to someone who knows how to apply it correctly. I work 14 and 14. I hit it hard on my days of but am out of the loop while I am at work. A lot can change in 2 weeks so knowing how things are trending can save me from having 2 or 3 bad trips if the fish are in transition. My frustration is not with the guides but the other members on here that troll the forums for info and are content to offer nothing in return. This site would serve its members much better if there were more reciprocity, but there doesn't seem to be. At the same time I don’t want to share info with anyone not willing to share with me. I would be more inclined to share with people who do the same. That is really the main point I was trying to make.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Redfish

Cash: 712

If you look at salty cajun for fishin reports before you actually fish then there's a problem.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert22 View Post
If you look at salty cajun for fishin reports before you actually fish then there's a problem.
So why are you on this site?
Old 11-26-2014, 10:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Old 11-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
What about looking at the weather, salinity, guage height and tide predictions?
Old 11-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotLikinisAhabbit View Post
Decided to take advantage of the north winds and hit one of my favorite spots today, and boy did it pay off. I did not see another soul on the beach today. Little Florida or bust get em while they there.
You forgot to mention green hornet matrix shad, grab it glove, K2 and freezer blocks
Old 11-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
You forgot to mention green hornet matrix shad, grab it glove, K2 and freezer blocks
Ha ha.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
I totally agree with this^. I just have no idea how people caught fish before the internet??
Old 11-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Here is a good suggestion , if you have the time to spend on the water to learn it like I did then just take your time and do that

If you don't have the time and want to get ahead of the curve hire a guide , I suggest you hire a guide that will teach you not just take you fishing
Old 11-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 712

Quote:
Obviously that's why YOU are on this site if you got offended. You don't know me I fish freshwater 90 % of the time.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:02 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Obviously that's why YOU are on this site if you got offended. You don't know me I fish freshwater 90 % of the time.

Marque posts more reports and more informational reports than most people on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk