SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 03-08-2018, 10:47 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182
Default Bayou Bucks.com

I know several Saltycajun members also post on Bayou Bucks.

What is going on with the BB web site? For the last couple of days I get the message "Service Unavailable".

Does this mean the web site is shut down? I hope not..... the people there have been a good source of information for hunting in Louisiana.

Has anyone seen any information about this?
Old 03-08-2018, 05:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Almost bet it finally came to an end. There's been a lot of problems with that site in the last year, and it looks like someone finally quit paying the bills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2018, 09:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Yea, it?s a bummer bc it wasn?t a bad site. Speaking of, I know it?s a slow time of year for fishing but what?s up with the slow traffic around here? I love this site and post my trips (no matter how bad) but it sure is quiet around here (other than the two SE LA guides that post redfish limits daily).
Anybody got a report to post from the S/SW corner of the state?
Old 03-16-2018, 09:30 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

We need to get fishing reports and traffic up on this site. The problem is the people that post a lot believe that there activity brings more crowds to the fishing area.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:24 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

I was just saying this the other day about forums in general. I feel like the time has come where people are fully realizing the effects of posting reports to forums. Their places become crowded and the places they loved are now an aggravation instead of relaxation. I say this because lasmag has about as much traffic as this site does and it used to be the Walmart of outdoor forums. Everyone used it. There were dozens of posts on that site daily. You could spend all day on there reading new posts. Now it’s identical to this maybe even worse. The same two sponsor guides are the only regular posters there too. Simple outdoor questions go unanswered for weeks. The latest posts over there only turn over about once a week or longer. If I check latest posts on Monday, the latest post will be #4-5 down by Friday. And that’s because of the guide postings and usually a scam post. I think the days of Internet forums is coming to an end. When you go on there and catch crap about the stuff you post because your deer was too little or you caught too many fish or whatever then add in the added traffic to your favorite locations, it’s only a matter of time before you stop posting info. That’s just my opinion to the situation because it seems to be a common theme across the forums right now
Old 03-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

All the fishing report groups on Facebook have taken the place of websites. Those Facebook pages get dozens of posts a day. Although it?s usually just a picture of the fish and no report to go with it.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
All the fishing report groups on Facebook have taken the place of websites. Those Facebook pages get dozens of posts a day. Although it?s usually just a picture of the fish and no report to go with it.

Yea I believe bayou bucks is gone. Sad to see. Sorry to say I don?t post much on here either. I like the site but I kind of feel the same as most who post on websites and see the full repercussions of those post. I don?t have Facebook either. I?m not big on people knowing my every move. My wife has finally come to see the way I see about Facebook as well. She got rid of hers finally. To much drama and we thought we didn?t want our kids to see us using that as they grow up and for them to think that that kind of social media is normal. Hopefully they can make their own decisions on that when they get older. Better decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2018, 01:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

To me the problem with big lake is it's so small there is no secret holes just a matter of if the fish are in the holes and if you catch them and post it the next day there's 10 boats there. I have not fished in over a year but the report and pictures are nice to get me by.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:14 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I post reports but will be honest I do it days after
Usually make 1 post for several days

I seen 1st hand what posting pictures does and I promise it?s not weekend guys doing the crumb snatching
It?s other guides
Some of these guides are vultures and live off scraps .

Chris and myself was on a pretty good trout bite when no one was catching .
Well I messed up and posted a limit of trout and sure bet they had guide boats surround us then became where we had to leave at 5am or they would beat us to area .
It?s sad that most guides now use cell phones and Facebook to locate fish than using skills and castings !

Old 03-19-2018, 12:33 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858

I helped grow a forum from 50k members to over 200k members in just a few years. The issue we were having was no one was getting out there face to face with people. We had several of us start getting out, meeting people, giving stuff away sponsors gave us, Ang generally giving everyone what they wanted...... We let them see the people running the forum and was able to have a great time. We did everything low budget too, we showed up with a cooking device, food, and a smile. I like this site a lot but I wouldn't want to make it huge. The core people here will carry it, but if you want more traffic just get out there.

As for Facespace, it is hard to compete with. One good thing about here, there aren't 100 other places like it like what you see on Facebook. No drama. I don't even have Facebook.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:47 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke Down View Post
I helped grow a forum from 50k members to over 200k members in just a few years. The issue we were having was no one was getting out there face to face with people. We had several of us start getting out, meeting people, giving stuff away sponsors gave us, Ang generally giving everyone what they wanted...... We let them see the people running the forum and was able to have a great time. We did everything low budget too, we showed up with a cooking device, food, and a smile. I like this site a lot but I wouldn't want to make it huge. The core people here will carry it, but if you want more traffic just get out there.

As for Facespace, it is hard to compete with. One good thing about here, there aren't 100 other places like it like what you see on Facebook. No drama. I don't even have Facebook.
what forum t?
Old 03-19-2018, 01:12 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Bayou Bucks is back up and running as of about 5 minutes ago.... Not sure why they went down. Someone just started a thread over there asking why so maybe an admin will answer soon.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
what forum t?
Cummins Forum
Old 03-20-2018, 06:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I have seen the same. I check here on occasion but it just doesn’t feel the same. It used to be a fun place with lots of joking and good info. I’ve made a few good friend here and done business with others I’ve met here. I hate to see it withering away like this.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Honestly, I would like to meet a few of y'all one day. Maybe grab some food and get some advice about certain areas. I am unfamiliar with a lot of the territory, I'm not looking for spots. I just want to show back up at the end of the trip alive....haha. I have two boys that love to fish and crab. They don't mind a good road trip.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:10 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
Someone just started a thread over there asking why so maybe an admin will answer soon.
I'm the one that asked.
One of the moderators said it was host site maintenance.
I find it hard to believe that a host site would shut you down for almost 2 weeks without prior notice.
Even if they would and did give notice, the site surely did not let the users know.

I don't want to be put on a pedestal but I would like to be kept up to date on major site activities like this.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:45 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 450

BB still not showing up on TAPATALK. Thoughts? Reload?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-20-2018, 09:55 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Savant View Post
BB still not showing up on TAPATALK. Thoughts? Reload?

What?s going on? Site still active?

Old 04-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck1 View Post
What?s going on? Site still active?

It can be pulled up on a PC now, but still not showing up on TAPATALK. Not much activity on there lately.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I checked to Bayou Buck web site today...... and it has been down all day.

I wonder what is going on this time.