SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 07-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 714

talked to a guy recently at the refuge and he said don't need no signs cuz everythin is illegal!...lol
Old 07-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Enforcement can NOT be everywhere at once, especially when Sabine, Cameron Prairie, and Lacassine are part of the same refuge complex.

Call them if you see people doing illegal things.

Put this number in your phone and call or send them a text if you see anything happening on private or state lands .

Operation Game Thief (OGT) has been in existence since 1984. OGT is a non-profit corporation, funded and managed by volunteer sportsmen from throughout the state. They meet quarterly to review wildlife violation cases resulting from information provided by program participants and to determine and dispense reward amounts.

The OGT process is fairly simple. If someone witnesses or has information concerning a violation, they should call Operation Game thief's toll-free 24-hour phone line or use the department's tip411 program. The toll free number is 1-800-442-2511.

To use the tip411 program, tipsters can text LADWF and their tip to 847411 or download the "LADWF Tips" iPhone and Android apps from the iTunes or Google Play store free of charge. CitizenObserver, the tip411 provider, uses technology that removes all identifying information before LDWF receives the text so that LDWF cannot identify the sender. Texting or downloading the app enables the public to send anonymous tips to LDWF and lets LDWF respond back, creating a two-way anonymous “chat”. Users of the app or texters can also send in photos to help support their claim and be used as evidence.

The information is received by a Wildlife and Fisheries operator and immediately relayed to a wildlife agent who will investigate. If the information results in an arrest, the caller is eligible for a cash reward.
Since the program began, more than $280,000 in rewards has been paid. Information provided by O.G.T. informants has resulted in the apprehension of more than 700 violators, who were convicted on a multitude of state and federal charges.

For more information, please email questions to Lt. Will Roberts at wroberts@wlf.la.gov.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Enforcement can NOT be everywhere at once, especially when Sabine, Cameron Prairie, and Lacassine are part of the same refuge complex.

Call them if you see people doing illegal things.

Put this number in your phone and call or send them a text if you see anything happening on private or state lands .

Operation Game Thief (OGT) has been in existence since 1984. OGT is a non-profit corporation, funded and managed by volunteer sportsmen from throughout the state. They meet quarterly to review wildlife violation cases resulting from information provided by program participants and to determine and dispense reward amounts.

The OGT process is fairly simple. If someone witnesses or has information concerning a violation, they should call Operation Game thief's toll-free 24-hour phone line or use the department's tip411 program. The toll free number is 1-800-442-2511.

To use the tip411 program, tipsters can text LADWF and their tip to 847411 or download the "LADWF Tips" iPhone and Android apps from the iTunes or Google Play store free of charge. CitizenObserver, the tip411 provider, uses technology that removes all identifying information before LDWF receives the text so that LDWF cannot identify the sender. Texting or downloading the app enables the public to send anonymous tips to LDWF and lets LDWF respond back, creating a two-way anonymous “chat”. Users of the app or texters can also send in photos to help support their claim and be used as evidence.

The information is received by a Wildlife and Fisheries operator and immediately relayed to a wildlife agent who will investigate. If the information results in an arrest, the caller is eligible for a cash reward.
Since the program began, more than $280,000 in rewards has been paid. Information provided by O.G.T. informants has resulted in the apprehension of more than 700 violators, who were convicted on a multitude of state and federal charges.

For more information, please email questions to Lt. Will Roberts at wroberts@wlf.la.gov.
No dice on a NWR.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
No dice on a NWR.
"Put this number in your phone and call or send them a text if you see anything happening on private or state lands ."

Every NWR or complex has a phone number for enforcement, they can't be everywhere at once, they need tips
Old 07-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

This thread made me even more grateful to hunt where I do...sounds like you guys got the Saturday on big lake going on in the refuge during hunting season...smh
Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 611

Refuge law enforcement officers do get the complaints that are called into the state office via the 1800 or text #'s.. Or even if you call the Lake Charles office directly.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:47 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Default green squares

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
What's the two green squares for? Don't have my actual map pulled up to compare.
This is private property within the refuge.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Sand Trout

FYI... I was able to run a surface drive from Burton to the Trappers Shack through the newly named waterways. I must have hit 250 pieces of debris. The propeller on my surface drive broke off. Once I can narrow down a safe travel path I will post the information on here for all.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildPig911 View Post
FYI... I was able to run a surface drive from Burton to the Trappers Shack through the newly named waterways. I must have hit 250 pieces of debris. The propeller on my surface drive broke off. Once I can narrow down a safe travel path I will post the information on here for all.
Oh you mean to tell me it's unsafe to run in the middle of the day much less the pitch black of early morning? Weird, who woulda thought!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Oh you mean to tell me it's unsafe to run in the middle of the day much less the pitch black of early morning? Weird, who woulda thought!
"I think you're missing the point"
Old 07-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Sand Trout

No... If it was unsafe then I would just tell my boss it's unsafe and he would cancel the plan to open it. What I mean is.. There is a lot of debris out there so people need to use caution.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
"I think you're missing the point"
"No, no, no we're not givin up."
Old 07-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildPig911 View Post
I'm sorry but if this is safe I'd hate to see dangerous.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Redfish

Cash: 724
Cheers

Quote:

Stay home if you don't feel safe. The rest of us will listen to wildpig and follow his lead. Dont hate just appreciate
Old 07-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Swordfish

That's what u got!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony View Post
Stay home if you don't feel safe. The rest of us will listen to wildpig and follow his lead. Dont hate just appreciate
This is what you got, bunch of kids and democrats who want it the easy way. Don't wanna put the work in to kill ducks, so of course they're all for this rule change. They don't understand what it's gonna do to the hunting or that it's gonna push the ducks to the impoundment in a week but "who cares, we can run in the marsh! Woohoo!" Good luck this year spoony

Last edited by Spunt Drag; 07-19-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Swordfish

Lol that's what u got!!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Just stay in the truck...
Old 07-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Redfish

Cash: 724

Keep us informed wildpig. 99% of us are willing to learn and listen to the ones who work there everyday.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Red Snapper

Sorry had to do it.