SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefman View Post
we have absolutely no feed...mostly mud flats! However, when you guys started shootin up front the birds started filtering in for more open water. Ducks just rest and stage on our marshes which means no early morning shootin...we have to wait a while.
Chris, you guys have all the feed in the world in those front marshes...i'm with you...can't understand why they left that area.
Like to take you out to hunt our area one weekend..show you a different marsh than what you guys hunt..even if we don't shoot we'll have a great time! Gonna need about 3" of rain really hard getting around out there now.....

man i'm game i'd love to swap you a hunt in our area too. Lets set up a date.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
Well first let me start off by saying i'm not sure what happened with all the ducks that were in our marsh in grand chenier since saturday. Hunted yesterday with my dad and seen maybe a total of 300 ducks all morning in our area, but still got alot of pooldoo. We ended the day with 4 birds--2 redheads and 2 teal it was like a ghost town around my blind. Didn't jump up but maybe a handful of ducks on our way out from our marsh or the flooded pasture on the other side. We need a weather change bad imo, and things will get back to normal. Second thing and it really makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. This year we bought 3 dz brand new greenhead gear decoys, and rigged them texas style. We put them out saturday morning, and didn't go back til yesterday so these decoys sat out for a day and a half. Well some low life pos stole a dozen and a half of them. Never had a theft problem out there so this is a real shock to me. Looked in the all the ponds surrounding us thinking that maybe by some freak of nature the strong south wind we had sunday pushed them somewhere else. I work really hard to buy nice stuff to try and enjoy it and bring others to help enjoy it with me. Some people need to get off thier *** and get their own stuff and stop trying to ruin other peoples time with this childish stuff. What i really don't understand is that the boat, motor and everything else was right there and all they took was decoys. Now i have to go and spend more money that i worked for to buy more decoys cause someone is too lazy to get their own. Sorry for the long read just really needed to vent.
Yeah, some little slimes stole one of the batteries and a 5 gallon can of gasoline out of my boat while it was parked in my yard the other night. Mad and Sad at the same time. Vengence is mine says the Lord but I'm glad I didn't catch them in the act, I might have done something that I would regret later. It only stuff, but it was my stuff.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottogo49 View Post
yeah, some little slimes stole one of the batteries and a 5 gallon can of gasoline out of my boat while it was parked in my yard the other night. Mad and sad at the same time. Vengence is mine says the lord but i'm glad i didn't catch them in the act, i might have done something that i would regret later. It only stuff, but it was my stuff.

you know it's not the money or anything that can be replaced it just maked me sad that someone that calls themselves a sportsman would do something like that.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,546

Go check out the refuge I went with binoculars Sunday and just sat in the boat launch Sunday and watched em pour in. They know where they r safe
Old 11-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
go check out the refuge i went with binoculars sunday and just sat in the boat launch sunday and watched em pour in. They know where they r safe

you right they know where they won't get shot at
Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Sailfish

If you watched em the pintail and mallards that fly high they were headed south to the gulf/refuge... I hunt behind booths grocery we border miami
Old 11-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
if you watched em the pintail and mallards that fly high they were headed south to the gulf/refuge... I hunt behind booths grocery we border miami

how did ya'll do?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
We have absolutely NO feed...mostly mud flats! However, when you guys started shootin up front the birds started filtering in for more open water. Ducks just rest and stage on our marshes which means no early morning shootin...we have to wait a while.
Chris, you guys have all the feed in the world in those front marshes...I'm with you...can't understand why they left that area.
Like to take you out to hunt our area one weekend..show you a different marsh than what you guys hunt..even if we don't shoot we'll have a great time! Gonna need about 3" of rain really hard getting around out there now.....
First, I feel your pain. The start to my year wasn't god either. I think the warm weather has pushed the birdsback up alittle. I live in Lacassine and have noticed large groups flying north. Have spoken to a relative in Alexandria. He stated there are birds in every hole holding water there. SO I think when the weather becomes more consistant hunts will improve. If you need help with Pooldo eradication I will gladly assist.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Sailfish

Saturday we killed 4 teal and Sunday we didn't fire a shot.... Ppl on miami in the back limited out both mornings by seven and said they coulda shot 100 birds each day... We have no water
Old 11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Sailfish

We need 6-8 inches of rain and we could put a dent in the population
Old 11-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Limit on Saturday...0 sunday. Birds in GC got the memo sat either b/c of nasty south east wind or the pressure.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Sailfish

Mixture of both I think... Water and northern fronts is what we need bottom line
Old 11-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Mixture of both I think... Water and northern fronts is what we need bottom line
no doubt...very disappointing for some blinds on the lease considering the amount of ducks we were holding
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

No offense guys but come on, duck season has been open for FOUR days and already the excuses are pouring out No water, southeast wind, full moon, refuges, what else?

You guys should feel lucky there is a drought statewide or else the birds would be in north Louisiana, now they are forced to come down to the marsh to find water. Still have 56 more days to go
Old 11-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck butter View Post
no offense guys but come on, duck season has been open for four days and already the excuses are pouring out no water, southeast wind, full moon, refuges, what else?

You guys should feel lucky there is a drought statewide or else the birds would be in north louisiana, now they are forced to come down to the marsh to find water. Still have 56 more days to go

man you like to stir the pot!!! I like
Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

We have no water or birds in central La.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
first, i feel your pain. The start to my year wasn't god either. I think the warm weather has pushed the birdsback up alittle. I live in lacassine and have noticed large groups flying north. Have spoken to a relative in alexandria. He stated there are birds in every hole holding water there. So i think when the weather becomes more consistant hunts will improve. If you need help with pooldo eradication i will gladly assist.

we have plenty of pooldo that's for sure they sure are some good eating.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
No offense guys but come on, duck season has been open for FOUR days and already the excuses are pouring out No water, southeast wind, full moon, refuges, what else?

You guys should feel lucky there is a drought statewide or else the birds would be in north Louisiana, now they are forced to come down to the marsh to find water. Still have 56 more days to go
I guess if you would have seen the clouds of ducks on the lease friday you would've been a bit ...

I know its just frustrating.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
man you like to stir the pot!!! I like
I do, I have a special place in my heart for potstirring with duck hunters! I have never heard of more excuses from a bunch of people.

I really really like to hear from deer hunters that say the deer have gone nocturnal:*****:or they are not "moving" which basically means that the deer did not present themselves when they peered out of their window from the box stand on one of their shooting lanes from the hours of 7-9 am or 3-5 pm
Old 11-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I guess if you would have seen the clouds of ducks on the lease friday you would've been a bit ...

I know its just frustrating.
I know the feeling, I hunt public. But those ducks are still around somewhere, I like public because I am not limited to one spot. I will be chasing em all next week up north I am finally getting to take off to go hunting