SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
If you want a challenge, you should try to kill a wild turkey on public land or a white tail deer on public land with your bow. Now we talking challenge. Huntin specks in rice fields is fun, but I wouldn't really call it a challenge when you compare it to what I have listed above.
Your right dude. Your the man!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricChicken View Post
Elk with a bow when they're bugling. A bull elk bugles at 1/2 mile, them 100 yards, then 40 yards and heads right at you when he sees the decoy your hiding behind and your stuff comes unglued!!!! Your hoping your partner shoots him before he pile drives you! Makes buck fever seem like a baby hot flash!
Now dat would be awesome.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Turkey, hands down. Nothing harder to kill in my book. And I have hunted just about anything you can hunt in the US. Wish the season was longer than 30 days. In my lifetime I have killed 1000s of ducks, 100s of geese, caught 1000s of trout, close to 100 deer, and SEVEN turkeys. And I have been hunting all these since the same age. They are very tough to get. To hear that big tom sounding off is something you will never forget.
Someone else mentioned bow hunting for elk, that would come in 2nd for me. I have done it before and it is quite a rush. Unfortunately I didn't get one. I was in the 5th grade and stuck him right in the shoulder blade. Have killed a bunch with my rifle though. I will go on a bow hunt again soon for elk.
I am going to Argentina this summer on a duck hunt. Can't wait.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Quote:
I am going to Argentina this summer on a duck hunt. Can't wait.
bucket bucket bucket list
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
bucket bucket bucket list

Me too!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Never killed a Tom. Heard em fire off and seen em strut but never dirt-rolled one. Killed several Jakes but still waiting on that Ol' Longbeard to mess up. Got plenty on the lease but them Tom's is wise. Killed my fair share of Specks and they're still my favorite, but if I could ever bag a Gobbler, that might change.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
Your right dude. Your the man!

What you gettin your panties knotted up about? You started talking about a challenge. How do you know what a challenge is if all you have ever done is easy stuff?

Oh, and it's you're.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Torn between the ducks and deer! Nothing like the sound of an arrow slapping the hide on a deer, or the splash of the water when a fat drake hit's it. Its realy all a big deal for me from the wings wistleing, as they fly over then lock to commit, as it is to sneek into a stand long before the sunrise to hear the crunching of leaves and twigs as a deer walks down the trail ur sittting on! Either way they both get me stoked, and theirs much more to it then just the hunts!
Now cougars on the other hand use to be at the top of my list, until I finally landed the trophy of a life time, and just hung it on my wall! lol
Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Love to turkey hunt especially once the real turkeys get out the woods after opening day
Old 01-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
What you gettin your panties knotted up about? You started talking about a challenge. How do you know what a challenge is if all you have ever done is easy stuff?

Oh, and it's you're.
All I was saying is you're right. I don't know what a challenge is. All I ever do is kill those dumb old specks. I really just wanted to discuss hunting on the hunting discussion forum. I really was hoping you or your cousin would be on the fuge and not coming over here telling everyone on here how dumb we are and how good y'all are. And thanks for the grammar lesson, coming from the guy who always puts dem and dis and all dat udda bull**** you type. I'm done replying to either of you, it's impossible to reason with you
Old 01-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Another thread about to go south and to the gill net
Old 01-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Swordfish

Lol. We're not telling "everyone" how dumb they are. Don't remember calling anyone dumb.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:26 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
All I was saying is you're right. I don't know what a challenge is. All I ever do is kill those dumb old specks. I really just wanted to discuss hunting on the hunting discussion forum. I really was hoping you or your cousin would be on the fuge and not coming over here telling everyone on here how dumb we are and how good y'all are. And thanks for the grammar lesson, coming from the guy who always puts dem and dis and all dat udda bull**** you type. I'm done replying to either of you, it's impossible to reason with you
Damn, I thought we told you what you wanted to hear. What we like and what is a challenge. Why does me thinking specks and mallards are easy to kill get you all upset? I never said anyone was dumb and never said I was good. Did someone give you a wedgey at skewl today?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Red Snapper

I would like to hear everyone's hunting experiences, either in Louisiana, or an out of state hunt. Like the EChicken talkin about the elk. I've always wanted to go pheasant hunting, any good stories?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

OK children, ya'll are fixing to mess up a perfectly good thread.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:30 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
I would like to hear everyone's hunting experiences, either in Louisiana, or an out of state hunt. Like the EChicken talkin about the elk. I've always wanted to go pheasant hunting, any good stories?
Me and muh fat buddy are planning an elk hunt. Shootin for next couple of years before I get too old. Will be a do it yourself hunt like we always do.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Red Snapper

Which fat buddy? You got lots of em
Old 01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Swordfish

Been to Nebraska and SoDak for pheasants. Watching those dogs work and that big rooster jumpin up in your face is something to experience. Been to Wyoming mule deer hunting and would do that again in a heartbeat. You are very little in those mountains. Next adventure I would like is definitely elk or try my luck at a merriams turkey and one day finish up the slam with an ocseola. But a public land elk hunt needs to happen.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Which fat buddy? You got lots of em

LOL, the only one dat really hunts. Old Ianess!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:00 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Been to Nebraska and SoDak for pheasants. Watching those dogs work and that big rooster jumpin up in your face is something to experience. Been to Wyoming mule deer hunting and would do that again in a heartbeat. You are very little in those mountains. Next adventure I would like is definitely elk or try my luck at a merriams turkey and one day finish up the slam with an ocseola. But a public land elk hunt needs to happen.
We are looking at Colorado. You can still get tags over the counter. I would prolly go for a cow tag. I have no room for them horns and the reason I want to go is because I just always wanted to hunt out west. Whether it be mule deer, elk, or speed goat. Just looking for the challenge of the mountains. No looking for giant horns. Just an adventure and some meat. May do it with my bow.