SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,546
Default Refuge feed

Trying to learn this to have in my arsenal. Really??? This dude must practice this every minute of every day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrJM_kg4uc
Old 01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,607

Holy Macceronni! (or however you spell it...)
Old 01-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

That is sick! That may be the best feed call I've ever heard. I thought mine was a good one. That guy has it down!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

thats ridiculous
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
That is sick! That may be the best feed call I've ever heard. I thought mine was a good one. That guy has it down!
what you been up to BD?
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Good for competition but ducks don't do that when they're feeding on the water.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Sounds like a 2 stroke dirt bike
Old 01-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Good for competition but ducks don't do that when they're feeding on the water.
Sure they do. You ever heard em?

Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Nope. Not on the water feeding. Just watched the video and still didn't hear anything close to that feed call video from earlier. I've heard em chatter like that in the air when they're banking around but never on the water feeding. It's a competition call, not a good duck imitation.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Sailfish

Well I've been on the tenn river and personally heard and seen thousands of ducks feeding and frienzying and that's pretty darn close to exactly what they sound like so you need to get out and explore nature more. Instead of just hunting(not with mojos) go to refuges and sit there and listen no talking you'll hear what they do. They get quiet when the ducks coming in get closer but the go nuts when they see em from far. And what you are referring to is a flying chuckle and they do that as they fly over food to tell other ducks they see potential food but the refuge feed call is meant to sound like a lot of ducks in a frenzy. Competition callers do nothing like that they do a cluck when they go into their bottom section of their routine not a refuge feed. Normal guys like me n u just can't sound like that many ducks I say I will practice till I can get it you say they don't do it because you can't do it and can't learn it. I work my butt off to sound like more than one duck and make it sound like my decoys are calling to ducks not me. If you sound like 1 duck then not only pull your mojos but pull every other decoy but one hen because they fly over seeing a ton of decoys but hear one and say "there something wrong here" and boom see ya. Class dismissed
Old 01-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunt drag View Post
nope. Not on the water feeding. Just watched the video and still didn't hear anything close to that feed call video from earlier. I've heard em chatter like that in the air when they're banking around but never on the water feeding. It's a competition call, not a good duck imitation.

man i want to go hunting with you. You must be the arnold schwarzenegger of duck/goose hunting, cause you've done it all, heard it all and mastered it all when it comes to waterfowl. You sound like somebody else on here that when they post any questions about the sport you have something negetive to say or you have to chime in with your amazing knowledge of how it's really done. I'm struggling right now to kill birds in my marsh and if i asked any advice on what maybe the problem you would reply with you need to work on your calling or hide better. Trust me i'm saying what alot of people are thinking about your comments. Take that to the bank jack!!!! Have a blessed day from duckgogetter.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Most time when you hear that chatter the ducks are sky high. Just wondering when's the last time someone has seen that many English callers in a Louisiana marsh? Now adays seems like people are trying to call "hunters". Just keep it simple and u should have no prob. But like earlier mentioned competition is completely different so guess to each his own.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Well I've been on the tenn river and personally heard and seen thousands of ducks feeding and frienzying and that's pretty darn close to exactly what they sound like so you need to get out and explore nature more. Instead of just hunting(not with mojos) go to refuges and sit there and listen no talking you'll hear what they do. They get quiet when the ducks coming in get closer but the go nuts when they see em from far. And what you are referring to is a flying chuckle and they do that as they fly over food to tell other ducks they see potential food but the refuge feed call is meant to sound like a lot of ducks in a frenzy. Competition callers do nothing like that they do a cluck when they go into their bottom section of their routine not a refuge feed. Normal guys like me n u just can't sound like that many ducks I say I will practice till I can get it you say they don't do it because you can't do it and can't learn it. I work my butt off to sound like more than one duck and make it sound like my decoys are calling to ducks not me. If you sound like 1 duck then not only pull your mojos but pull every other decoy but one hen because they fly over seeing a ton of decoys but hear one and say "there something wrong here" and boom see ya. Class dismissed
Exactly. It's 100's of ducks makin that sound, and I haven't heard one caller that could come even remotely close to duplicating it. 200 tame ducks feeding and chattering on the water is a completely different sound than what you're producing through that call. As far as you working your butt off to sound like more than one duck and all that other rigamaroar, you just posted a video yesterday of your calling skills and it didn't floor me. Who knows maybe it works on the Tenn river, I don't get out much, but I know if I heard you blowing that bouncing hen and feed chuckle next to me in the blind I would die laughing. I know you're accredited and all but I know a little bit about duck hunting too.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Most time when you hear that chatter the ducks are sky high. Just wondering when's the last time someone has seen that many English callers in a Louisiana marsh? Now adays seems like people are trying to call "hunters". Just keep it simple and u should have no prob. But like earlier mentioned competition is completely different so guess to each his own.
you only need 1...
Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Sailfish

A duck is a duck is a duck. My great grand pa used to put a French hen on each side of the blind so they would call back to each other and murder ducks. They didnt care bout laws. My grandpa learned from him who taught me my basics and I learned from two French hens and 4 hen mallards. A long time ago. He would get corn out and they do exactly what that refuge feed sounded like. Y'all must be divorced or lawyers y'all sure do argue alot and have no valid pt to back it
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

This thread is priceless!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by salteredneck View Post
this thread is priceless!!!

lol!!!!! Micha is missing all the good stuff.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
I'm struggling right now to kill birds in my marsh
You need to work on your callin and hide better. Trust me. I've done it all, seen it all, and mastered it all, JACK! Sincerely, Arnold.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Exactly. It's 100's of ducks makin that sound, and I haven't heard one caller that could come even remotely close to duplicating it. 200 tame ducks feeding and chattering on the water is a completely different sound than what you're producing through that call. As far as you working your butt off to sound like more than one duck and all that other rigamaroar, you just posted a video yesterday of your calling skills and it didn't floor me. Who knows maybe it works on the Tenn river, I don't get out much, but I know if I heard you blowing that bouncing hen and feed chuckle next to me in the blind I would die laughing. I know you're accredited and all but I know a little bit about duck hunting too.

HIS CALLING MIGHT NOT OF FLOORED YOU, BUT THIS WAS YOUR REPLY TO HIM YESTERDAY.

Do you competition call? Love that bouncing hen part! My hunting buddy uses one of those for his blue wing call, sounds just like a blue wing.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunt drag View Post
you need to work on your callin and hide better. Trust me. I've done it all, seen it all, and mastered it all, jack! Sincerely, arnold.

lol!!!!!!!! That's pretty funny though