SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 PM
bgizzle's Avatar
bgizzle bgizzle is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: broussard,La
Posts: 4,526
Cash: 5,496
Default Refuge feed

Trying to learn this to have in my arsenal. Really??? This dude must practice this every minute of every day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrJM_kg4uc
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Fishmaster19's Avatar
Fishmaster19 Fishmaster19 is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Broussard
Posts: 396
Cash: 1,557
Default

Holy Macceronni! (or however you spell it...)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:41 PM
boatdriver boatdriver is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Youngsville, LA
Posts: 630
Cash: 922
Default

That is sick! That may be the best feed call I've ever heard. I thought mine was a good one. That guy has it down!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:46 PM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
fish name
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,443
Default

thats ridiculous
__________________
Brookshire Farm 100% Grass Fed Beef
http://www.brookshirefarm.com/


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Thanks, I'm just livin by the code: Paint face, Shoot Beretta's, Bounce the Hen.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
fish name
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
That is sick! That may be the best feed call I've ever heard. I thought mine was a good one. That guy has it down!
what you been up to BD?
__________________
Brookshire Farm 100% Grass Fed Beef
http://www.brookshirefarm.com/


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Thanks, I'm just livin by the code: Paint face, Shoot Beretta's, Bounce the Hen.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Spunt Drag's Avatar
Spunt Drag Spunt Drag is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SWLA
Posts: 1,611
Cash: -747,500
Default

Good for competition but ducks don't do that when they're feeding on the water.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 360
Default

Sounds like a 2 stroke dirt bike
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:45 PM
bgizzle's Avatar
bgizzle bgizzle is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: broussard,La
Posts: 4,526
Cash: 5,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Good for competition but ducks don't do that when they're feeding on the water.
Sure they do. You ever heard em?

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Spunt Drag's Avatar
Spunt Drag Spunt Drag is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SWLA
Posts: 1,611
Cash: -747,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Nope. Not on the water feeding. Just watched the video and still didn't hear anything close to that feed call video from earlier. I've heard em chatter like that in the air when they're banking around but never on the water feeding. It's a competition call, not a good duck imitation.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM
bgizzle's Avatar
bgizzle bgizzle is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: broussard,La
Posts: 4,526
Cash: 5,496
Default

Well I've been on the tenn river and personally heard and seen thousands of ducks feeding and frienzying and that's pretty darn close to exactly what they sound like so you need to get out and explore nature more. Instead of just hunting(not with mojos) go to refuges and sit there and listen no talking you'll hear what they do. They get quiet when the ducks coming in get closer but the go nuts when they see em from far. And what you are referring to is a flying chuckle and they do that as they fly over food to tell other ducks they see potential food but the refuge feed call is meant to sound like a lot of ducks in a frenzy. Competition callers do nothing like that they do a cluck when they go into their bottom section of their routine not a refuge feed. Normal guys like me n u just can't sound like that many ducks I say I will practice till I can get it you say they don't do it because you can't do it and can't learn it. I work my butt off to sound like more than one duck and make it sound like my decoys are calling to ducks not me. If you sound like 1 duck then not only pull your mojos but pull every other decoy but one hen because they fly over seeing a ton of decoys but hear one and say "there something wrong here" and boom see ya. Class dismissed
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:28 PM
DUCKGOGETTER DUCKGOGETTER is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LAKE CHARLES
Posts: 9,105
Cash: 9,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunt drag View Post
nope. Not on the water feeding. Just watched the video and still didn't hear anything close to that feed call video from earlier. I've heard em chatter like that in the air when they're banking around but never on the water feeding. It's a competition call, not a good duck imitation.

man i want to go hunting with you. You must be the arnold schwarzenegger of duck/goose hunting, cause you've done it all, heard it all and mastered it all when it comes to waterfowl. You sound like somebody else on here that when they post any questions about the sport you have something negetive to say or you have to chime in with your amazing knowledge of how it's really done. I'm struggling right now to kill birds in my marsh and if i asked any advice on what maybe the problem you would reply with you need to work on your calling or hide better. Trust me i'm saying what alot of people are thinking about your comments. Take that to the bank jack!!!! Have a blessed day from duckgogetter.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 360
Default

Most time when you hear that chatter the ducks are sky high. Just wondering when's the last time someone has seen that many English callers in a Louisiana marsh? Now adays seems like people are trying to call "hunters". Just keep it simple and u should have no prob. But like earlier mentioned competition is completely different so guess to each his own.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Spunt Drag's Avatar
Spunt Drag Spunt Drag is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SWLA
Posts: 1,611
Cash: -747,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Well I've been on the tenn river and personally heard and seen thousands of ducks feeding and frienzying and that's pretty darn close to exactly what they sound like so you need to get out and explore nature more. Instead of just hunting(not with mojos) go to refuges and sit there and listen no talking you'll hear what they do. They get quiet when the ducks coming in get closer but the go nuts when they see em from far. And what you are referring to is a flying chuckle and they do that as they fly over food to tell other ducks they see potential food but the refuge feed call is meant to sound like a lot of ducks in a frenzy. Competition callers do nothing like that they do a cluck when they go into their bottom section of their routine not a refuge feed. Normal guys like me n u just can't sound like that many ducks I say I will practice till I can get it you say they don't do it because you can't do it and can't learn it. I work my butt off to sound like more than one duck and make it sound like my decoys are calling to ducks not me. If you sound like 1 duck then not only pull your mojos but pull every other decoy but one hen because they fly over seeing a ton of decoys but hear one and say "there something wrong here" and boom see ya. Class dismissed
Exactly. It's 100's of ducks makin that sound, and I haven't heard one caller that could come even remotely close to duplicating it. 200 tame ducks feeding and chattering on the water is a completely different sound than what you're producing through that call. As far as you working your butt off to sound like more than one duck and all that other rigamaroar, you just posted a video yesterday of your calling skills and it didn't floor me. Who knows maybe it works on the Tenn river, I don't get out much, but I know if I heard you blowing that bouncing hen and feed chuckle next to me in the blind I would die laughing. I know you're accredited and all but I know a little bit about duck hunting too.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
fish name
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Most time when you hear that chatter the ducks are sky high. Just wondering when's the last time someone has seen that many English callers in a Louisiana marsh? Now adays seems like people are trying to call "hunters". Just keep it simple and u should have no prob. But like earlier mentioned competition is completely different so guess to each his own.
you only need 1...
__________________
Brookshire Farm 100% Grass Fed Beef
http://www.brookshirefarm.com/


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Thanks, I'm just livin by the code: Paint face, Shoot Beretta's, Bounce the Hen.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
bgizzle's Avatar
bgizzle bgizzle is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: broussard,La
Posts: 4,526
Cash: 5,496
Default

A duck is a duck is a duck. My great grand pa used to put a French hen on each side of the blind so they would call back to each other and murder ducks. They didnt care bout laws. My grandpa learned from him who taught me my basics and I learned from two French hens and 4 hen mallards. A long time ago. He would get corn out and they do exactly what that refuge feed sounded like. Y'all must be divorced or lawyers y'all sure do argue alot and have no valid pt to back it
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
SaltERedneck's Avatar
SaltERedneck SaltERedneck is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,165
Cash: 9,030
Default

This thread is priceless!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM
DUCKGOGETTER DUCKGOGETTER is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LAKE CHARLES
Posts: 9,105
Cash: 9,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salteredneck View Post
this thread is priceless!!!

lol!!!!! Micha is missing all the good stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Spunt Drag's Avatar
Spunt Drag Spunt Drag is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SWLA
Posts: 1,611
Cash: -747,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
I'm struggling right now to kill birds in my marsh
You need to work on your callin and hide better. Trust me. I've done it all, seen it all, and mastered it all, JACK! Sincerely, Arnold.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
DUCKGOGETTER DUCKGOGETTER is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LAKE CHARLES
Posts: 9,105
Cash: 9,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Exactly. It's 100's of ducks makin that sound, and I haven't heard one caller that could come even remotely close to duplicating it. 200 tame ducks feeding and chattering on the water is a completely different sound than what you're producing through that call. As far as you working your butt off to sound like more than one duck and all that other rigamaroar, you just posted a video yesterday of your calling skills and it didn't floor me. Who knows maybe it works on the Tenn river, I don't get out much, but I know if I heard you blowing that bouncing hen and feed chuckle next to me in the blind I would die laughing. I know you're accredited and all but I know a little bit about duck hunting too.

HIS CALLING MIGHT NOT OF FLOORED YOU, BUT THIS WAS YOUR REPLY TO HIM YESTERDAY.

Do you competition call? Love that bouncing hen part! My hunting buddy uses one of those for his blue wing call, sounds just like a blue wing.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
DUCKGOGETTER DUCKGOGETTER is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LAKE CHARLES
Posts: 9,105
Cash: 9,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunt drag View Post
you need to work on your callin and hide better. Trust me. I've done it all, seen it all, and mastered it all, jack! Sincerely, arnold.

lol!!!!!!!! That's pretty funny though
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map