SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

View Poll Results: Should Louisiana Legalize Drugs?
Marijuana only, and only for adults. Still a felony to provide to minors. 26 48.15%
Marijuana only for adults, reduced penalties for access to minors. 5 9.26%
Legalize all drugs for consenting adults. 6 11.11%
No changes to current Louisiana drugs laws. 15 27.78%
Reduce penalty for first time marijuana users: no jail time. 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 PM
mcjaredsandwich's Avatar
mcjaredsandwich mcjaredsandwich is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tx
Posts: 5,366
Cash: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
So this shows that 12th graders abuse pharmaceuticals more than marijuana? 39.4% pills vs 36.4%marijuana.
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 PM
AceArcher's Avatar
AceArcher AceArcher is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: leesville
Posts: 1,080
Cash: 2,275
Default

Dang 3 hours of no commentary, I was becoming genuinely concerned that we might never reach the mystical post count of 420!


I can't see the picture that MG posted, so i have no idea what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:05 PM
AceArcher's Avatar
AceArcher AceArcher is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: leesville
Posts: 1,080
Cash: 2,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsquatch View Post
Where's the paiute and toad likkin? Toad likkin is big round here. Piloscybin mushrooms? Hows about sprayin RAID onto a plate glass window scraping it off and smoking that. I come into contact with a bunch of interesting recreational drug techniques in my job here. Ever hear of a skittle party. Hows about huffing starter fluid or chainsaw gas. Freebasing Pufferfish sperm? Kids getting hit by cars because they are licking the exaust residue off off highway bumps? Electrical transformer fluid soaked cigarettes? Ketamine cupcakes? Hows about the old prison trick of fermenting one's poo and pee pee in a plastic bag and then huffing the methane gas? I bet some of you Roughnecks out there have made some PRUNO AKA cell wine.

I hate to admit it, but people will always seek enlightenment, entertainment and fun through beter chemistry.

And W,

If you are going to use meme's to make a point, don't pick the guys who became cultural icons and millionaires because they embraced weed. That right there is counterproductive, lol.

I have seen studies where they took a poll of high school kids and one of college kids about drug use, porn, and irresponsible sex. High school kids recorded higher on drug use and sex because they perceive it as cool and lie on the polls. In college, by the junior year irresponsible sex is bad and so is drugs but the porn is more accepted. By the time that they have taken the mandatory human sexuality classes the porn ranks at the top because it is now a socially accepted activity and they have been away from mom and dad for three years. Polls really prove nothing.

Careful hawg, can't use to much rational thought around here backed by scientific evidence. Someone's going to accuse you being a crazed meth freak at any moment.

Freebasing pufferfish sperm???? please tell me your joking right? because most of the rest of the stuff i have actually heard about before... but that would just be wrong.

lol
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:34 PM
hawgsquatch hawgsquatch is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 75
Cash: 597
Default

I think wife beaters should be a mandatory life sentence..........I hate those shirts.
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:07 PM
AceArcher's Avatar
AceArcher AceArcher is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: leesville
Posts: 1,080
Cash: 2,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Well color me impressed, After 20 pages of nonsense, you have finally linked a real study, that's both current, and in some senses supports your viewpoints that cannabis should remain illegal. Dang, it is true even a blind bird finds a worm every once in a while.

You did however omit some crucial portions of the study. Namely this chart and the fact that both Cigarette use and Alcohol use have been dropping. It's my position that these abuses are decreasing because they are legal, regulated, and thereby kept out of the hands of teens.

Thus again driving home the exact point, that legalization and regulation are the only way in which you keep drugs out of the hands of teens.

Thanks MG, didn't realize you had flipped sides and joined our liberalist cause.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pastmonthcigmjuse_0.jpg (20.3 KB, 52 views)
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:14 PM
bgizzle's Avatar
bgizzle bgizzle is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: broussard,La
Posts: 4,526
Cash: 5,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
So this shows that 12th graders abuse pharmaceuticals more than marijuana? 39.4% pills vs 36.4%marijuana.
Correct. Graphs don't lie!
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Andy C Andy C is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cameron, tx/Hackberry
Posts: 1,544
Cash: 3,926
Default

Don't know about any of them you stated but, meth is a bad problem around here. Again don't know if it's cause drugs are illegal or not but I would bet it's high use in La. Too!!
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 08-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Clampy's Avatar
Clampy Clampy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Flats
Posts: 3,509
Cash: 5,600
Default

All that graph states is kids are getting smarter by choosing the safer cannabis. Nice work in adding up the pharma ones. If it was really about safety and well being no one would get arrested for weed until all the meth was eradicated.
Rape kits sit back logged in evidence rooms because cops are too busy filling out paper work on drugs. If they had asset forfeiture and mandatory minimums for rapist I bet it would be different .
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:16 AM
MathGeek's Avatar
MathGeek MathGeek is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,931
Cash: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
So this shows that 12th graders abuse pharmaceuticals more than marijuana? 39.4% pills vs 36.4%marijuana.
Abuse of pharmaceuticals is a real problem than needs to be addressed. But this analysis in the pills vs. marijuana is flawed.

If you add the "synthetic marijuana" to the "marijuana" you get 47.7% for marijuana, and if you add the percentages correctly for the pills you get 37.4%.
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Clampy's Avatar
Clampy Clampy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Flats
Posts: 3,509
Cash: 5,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Abuse of pharmaceuticals is a real problem than needs to be addressed. But this analysis in the pills vs. marijuana is flawed.

If you add the "synthetic marijuana" to the "marijuana" you get 47.7% for marijuana, and if you add the percentages correctly for the pills you get 37.4%.
You do realize that fake weed only exist b/c real stuff is illegal right ?
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Clampy's Avatar
Clampy Clampy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Flats
Posts: 3,509
Cash: 5,600
Default

Legal MJ would effectively eliminate synthetic pot. No one on this earth would chose the fake over the real. Unlike real cannabis the fake is really dangerous but a high % of people use just to get around a drug test. Furthering my point that drug test just make people use more dangerous drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:23 AM
tim3516's Avatar
tim3516 tim3516 is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 282
Cash: 1,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Abuse of pharmaceuticals is a real problem than needs to be addressed. But this analysis in the pills vs. marijuana is flawed.

If you add the "synthetic marijuana" to the "marijuana" you get 47.7% for marijuana, and if you add the percentages correctly for the pills you get 37.4%.
The fact that it is SYNTHETIC tells you that it is not marijuana.
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
You do realize that fake weed only exist b/c real stuff is illegal right ?
You do realize fake weed is illegal also right?
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:29 AM
MathGeek's Avatar
MathGeek MathGeek is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,931
Cash: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
You did however omit some crucial portions of the study. Namely this chart and the fact that both Cigarette use and Alcohol use have been dropping. It's my position that these abuses are decreasing because they are legal, regulated, and thereby kept out of the hands of teens.
I think the increased regulation of alcohol and tobacco have played an important role in reducing use by teens, both in showing teens that society believes they are dangerous and because their use has been more tightly restricted since the late 1980s.

Recall that the drinking age has been raised from 18 to 21 in most states over this period. This means that almost no high school students may legally buy alcohol, but it also raises the access bar because other parties supplying alcohol to teens need to be 21 to legally purchase. I would be curious to know if the libertarian-minded advocates of marijuana legalization are hoping to put the access age at 18 or 21. Your analogy argument with alcohol ("legalization would reduce teen access") is only valid if you intend to make the age of access 21. Drunk driving laws are also tighter and more strictly enforced, with much stiffer penalties for those under 21 driving under the influence.

Public smoking has also come under much tighter restrictions in the US over the past 20 years, and several states have raised their ages for legal purchase.
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 AM
Clampy's Avatar
Clampy Clampy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Flats
Posts: 3,509
Cash: 5,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
You do realize fake weed is illegal also right?

What's your point ?

All they do is change a molecule and BOOM not illegal.
They come out with new ones every week.
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Clampy's Avatar
Clampy Clampy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Flats
Posts: 3,509
Cash: 5,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I think the increased regulation of alcohol and tobacco have played an important role in reducing use by teens, both in showing teens that society believes they are dangerous and because their use has been more tightly restricted since the late 1980s.

Recall that the drinking age has been raised from 18 to 21 in most states over this period. This means that almost no high school students may legally buy alcohol, but it also raises the access bar because other parties supplying alcohol to teens need to be 21 to legally purchase. I would be curious to know if the libertarian-minded advocates of marijuana legalization are hoping to put the access age at 18 or 21. Your analogy argument with alcohol ("legalization would reduce teen access") is only valid if you intend to make the age of access 21. Drunk driving laws are also tighter and more strictly enforced, with much stiffer penalties for those under 21 driving under the influence.

Public smoking has also come under much tighter restrictions in the US over the past 20 years, and several states have raised their ages for legal purchase.

They believe its dangerous because Alcohol and tobacco are toxic and addictive.
It's not enforcement that slowed it down it's education.
Of course the legal age for cannabis would be 21 years of age no ones advocating recreational use for kids.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Clampy's Avatar
Clampy Clampy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Flats
Posts: 3,509
Cash: 5,600
Default

Prohibition has effectively created a new class of dangerous drugs way more dangerous then their counterparts.
Prohibition of booze created moonshine. Prohibition of drugs has spawned bath salts.
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 08-20-2013, 08:16 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
What's your point ?

All they do is change a molecule and BOOM not illegal.
They come out with new ones every week.
Wrong, you better read up on the laws!! It cover any synthetic type drugs.
Dont care how many chemicals you change its still illegal!!
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 08-20-2013, 08:18 AM
MathGeek's Avatar
MathGeek MathGeek is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,931
Cash: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Of course the legal age for cannabis would be 21 years of age no ones advocating recreational use for kids.
Two voters in the poll have advocated reducing penalties for access to minors.

In post #281, Goooh wrote that weed being illegal for Tryann Mathieu (20 at the time Les Miles kicked him off the team) was the cause of his woes rather than the negative effects of cannabis on teenagers.

The inference that marijuana should not have been illegal for the 20 year old was clear.

Maybe some LSU fans did not realize that Tryann Mathieu was only 20 when Les Miles kicked him off of the team and when (two months later) he got into trouble with the law for possession.

All those who really think cannabis use should remain illegal for all teenagers can go ahead and positively affirm the statement:

The athletic and legal consequences for Tryann Mathieu were completely reasonable because he was only 20 at the time and cannabis use should have been illegal for him! He should have known better. I hope drug laws remain strictly enforced for teenagers!
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 08-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Clampy's Avatar
Clampy Clampy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Flats
Posts: 3,509
Cash: 5,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Wrong, you better read up on the laws!! It cover any synthetic type drugs.
Dont care how many chemicals you change its still illegal!!
Oh sorry. You are clearly more educated than I on this issue.
Even if they finally got the law written correctly it still changes nothing. People use it b/c of drug test. I know next you will come with. " they can test it now"
and you would be wrong. They test for JWH-018 and HU-210 thats 2 out of a couple hundred synthetic canabanoids on earth. They change the make up every week. The testing industry will never catch up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map