SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 03-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

If the prop is stock, have someone put very light cup in it. Light cupping allows you to raise that semi cleaver unbelievably high.
That Yammie prop has been the best all around prop on everything we have run it on. PowerTech makes a knock off copy, it does not run as well as the original Yamaha.
The semi cleaver design is available in 14-15-16 pitch. Their 13 pitch is not the semi cleaver design.
You guys know that you can have any brand hub pushed into tht Yamaha prop. I had a Merc hub pushed into mine, have seen numerous with tohatsu/Nissan hubs in them.
It will take a bit of playing with motor height, but when you hit the sweet spot with that prop, it is nice.

D
Old 03-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
If the prop is stock, have someone put very light cup in it. Light cupping allows you to raise that semi cleaver unbelievably high.
That Yammie prop has been the best all around prop on everything we have run it on. PowerTech makes a knock off copy, it does not run as well as the original Yamaha.
The semi cleaver design is available in 14-15-16 pitch. Their 13 pitch is not the semi cleaver design.
You guys know that you can have any brand hub pushed into tht Yamaha prop. I had a Merc hub pushed into mine, have seen numerous with tohatsu/Nissan hubs in them.
It will take a bit of playing with motor height, but when you hit the sweet spot with that prop, it is nice.

D
The one I tried comes from a prop gu, he uses as his spare, i was surprised on how well it turns while trimmed, my round ear blades blow out if i turn as sharp as i did with Yammie prop, it's very impressive I'm going to play around with it this week and see if i can get motor height just right. Again thanks all you guys for input.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Redfish

Cash: 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
You might experiment with raising the motor with the Yamaha prop, 1/4" at a time. The Yamaha blade material looks thin, but, I have one that is 20 years old and is used in the marsh every year. Yamaha uses some superior stainless to build that prop. Same props we used on our inflatable raceboats in 99 and 2000. We would buy 16 pitch Yammies and have them raised to 18 pitch props.
These are inflatable tunnel boats that weigh about 125 pounds, with tiller 50's on them. We had a co-pilot to act as trim, I had a 15 year old co-pilot that was fearless. He would sit on the transom down the straights and slide to the front to set the boat to turn. All I ran was Yamaha props pitched up.
Inflatables 0001 - YouTube
D
D, that wouldn't have happened to be A. Reed, would it?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

i love those inflatable cats. theyre bad
Old 03-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Silver View Post
D, that wouldn't have happened to be A. Reed, would it?
No, I took him riding once just for giggles, threw myself out of the boat jumping a big wake.
My co-pilot was a 15 year old kid named Nick Lee. He was fearless, watch him in the video, this kid was nutz!!!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Tripletail

D, I raised motor 1/2" yesterday i got 5600-5650 consistant and 37.7mph. The prop is best so far and i can keep trim angle same taking off or wide open only have to trim down for sharp turn, again thanks for the chat yesterday you're very knowledgeable man!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMigues View Post
D, I raised motor 1/2" yesterday i got 5600-5650 consistant and 37.7mph. The prop is best so far and i can keep trim angle same taking off or wide open only have to trim down for sharp turn, again thanks for the chat yesterday you're very knowledgeable man!

That's great results. Now quit messing with it and go fishing! Lol
Old 03-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
That's great results. Now quit messing with it and go fishing! Lol

That's where I was headed lol motor performed better than the fish but I did manage to catch a meal!