SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: 977
Default Coastal Flood Advisory and cypremort point

There's a coastal flood advisory until 1:00pm Thursday. Here's the link http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fra...arnings/333426. When I got to cypremort point this AM expecting a low tide, I found the winds and tide were so strong that there was actually a high tide with the water over the dock. This screwed up my fishing since I fish for reds on a dropping tide and at marsh island. The waves were so high it would have taken me too long to get to marsh island so I gave that up. Just wanted to let you guys know. On a side note, the water in the cove is really clear, although I caught no specs. some folks are catching 'under the birds'. Also heard Avery canal is producing specs, but when I went there, I found the water to be very dirty compared to the cove area. the two boats I spoke with at the avery had caught nothing.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:12 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysully View Post
There's a coastal flood advisory until 1:00pm Thursday. Here's the link http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fra...arnings/333426. When I got to cypremort point this AM expecting a low tide, I found the winds and tide were so strong that there was actually a high tide with the water over the dock. This screwed up my fishing since I fish for reds on a dropping tide and at marsh island. The waves were so high it would have taken me too long to get to marsh island so I gave that up. Just wanted to let you guys know. On a side note, the water in the cove is really clear, although I caught no specs. some folks are catching 'under the birds'. Also heard Avery canal is producing specs, but when I went there, I found the water to be very dirty compared to the cove area. the two boats I spoke with at the avery had caught nothing.
Them boys just telling you that so you dont blab about it on the interwebs
Old 10-22-2015, 07:16 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

Quote:
I know a guy that had his limit yesterday evening at avery's. I had 17 around the cove away from the people.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:43 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

The wind has been extending the incoming tide about an hour and a half from the Weeks Bay tidal prediction since it started blowing out of the East. It has also slowed the falling drastically. Every once and a while the wind will let up for 30 min or so and the water will drop 6". The sudden drop in water level has bitten me in Vermilion Bay more than once. It's unforgiving in November and December. The tides at the Point and Weeks Bay are wacky with a ESE wind. Southwest Pass is not as affected.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Redfish

Cash: 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMigues View Post
I know a guy that had his limit yesterday evening at avery's. I had 17 around the cove away from the people.
The mouth of avery's where it meets the bay was very dirty. Likely caught his much further North of the bay.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
The mouth of avery's where it meets the bay was very dirty. Likely caught his much further North of the bay.
What are you calling the Avery? The mouth of the Delcambre Canal or the Mouth of the Port Canal? We always called the Port Canal (Acadiana Navigation Channel) the Avery Canal. My GPS calls the Delcambre the Avery. So I just avoid calling any canal the Avery. When someone tells me the caught at the mouth of the Avery I assume its misinformation.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:17 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
What are you calling the Avery? The mouth of the Delcambre Canal or the Mouth of the Port Canal? We always called the Port Canal (Acadiana Navigation Channel) the Avery Canal. My GPS calls the Delcambre the Avery. So I just avoid calling any canal the Avery. When someone tells me the caught at the mouth of the Avery I assume its misinformation.

I always thought the avery canal was the delcambre canal. One in the same.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:04 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
He wouldn't lie to me, maybe others he would but I take his word.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
I always thought the avery canal was the delcambre canal. One in the same.
Correct the two canals merge and most just refer to where they meet the bay as the Avery.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:02 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default cp

went ride down to cypremort point yesterday and both quintana parking lot and patout parking lot looked like a lake, only took pics of quintana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11quintana.jpg (31.2 KB, 438 views)
File Type: jpg 12quintana.jpg (22.0 KB, 440 views)
Old 10-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMigues View Post
He wouldn't lie to me, maybe others he would but I take his word.
You keep giving interweb reports of where he caught fish, he may start lying to you
Old 10-26-2015, 05:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I hope my camp is alright at e Delta.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:42 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
You keep giving interweb reports of where he caught fish, he may start lying to you
You're right!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

So I guess this pushed all the fish out, and the Fall run is ruined for the rest of this year?
I was planning to get out there very soon and join all the other fisherman in the boat congregations.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
So I guess this pushed all the fish out, and the Fall run is ruined for the rest of this year?
I was planning to get out there very soon and join all the other fisherman in the boat congregations.

I've always found great fishing after a tropical storm when the tide surged up. Brings in lots of bait and the fish seem to follow.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:24 PM
Tripletail

Quote:

I wouldn't give up just yet. Waters dirty but I found a few since the water went down. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446074662.473116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Trophy Trout

That is a very nice mess of fish.
Looks like you have hot spot!

Boy and I waxing up the boat so we can slime it, hope all works out! Travel Soccer is finally over for the season, and now got to go fishing. Hope the ole sled holds up.

Quote:
I wouldn't give up just yet. Waters dirty but I found a few since the water went down. Attachment 97070

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2015, 09:30 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
That is a very nice mess of fish.
Looks like you have hot spot!

Boy and I waxing up the boat so we can slime it, hope all works out! Travel Soccer is finally over for the season, and now got to go fishing. Hope the ole sled holds up.
You have a Blackjack don't you? I wouldn't be to stressed. I wasn't even considering going fishing, went out to tow in a friend. All he ended up needing was a jump so I figured what the hell. Though I would try and see if I could find a few flounder and red fish. First little cove I pulled in was loaded with mullet. Caught more than enough in about 3 cast and headed South. Tide was falling hard and moving around a point I hadn't fished since I was in high school. Free lined the mullet into the current with a couple of split shots. It was easy. Had 21 in the boat in about an hour and it shut down. Caught the red on a spinner bait where in the cove that I found the bait. Windy and dirty but the water was pretty salty. I hate messing with live bait but mullet aren't that bad. When the waters dirty it doesn't feel like I am cheating either unless I have to use a cork.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:14 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 663

Appreciate the report Marque ... many would not be as informative. Nice box!
Old 10-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Trophy Trout

I have not fished live in quite a while, close as I get is gulp shrimp.

I tore up the Reds this year, only found a few trout so far, a mere 50 with the wife two weeks ago, and hope to continue to get after them soon...

The boat was a mess, so needed a good cleaning. A well waxed boat is so much easier to clean, and now keep a brush on board to get the slime out before it sun dries, while on the water.

I have been looking but not real hard for some mullet, like that for catfish bait, want to run some jugs later this fall in the ICW, see what happens.

Like your idea on the live mullet, they are much easier to handle.

Quote:
You have a Blackjack don't you? I wouldn't be to stressed. I wasn't even considering going fishing, went out to tow in a friend. All he ended up needing was a jump so I figured what the hell. Though I would try and see if I could find a few flounder and red fish. First little cove I pulled in was loaded with mullet. Caught more than enough in about 3 cast and headed South. Tide was falling hard and moving around a point I hadn't fished since I was in high school. Free lined the mullet into the current with a couple of split shots. It was easy. Had 21 in the boat in about an hour and it shut down. Caught the red on a spinner bait where in the cove that I found the bait. Windy and dirty but the water was pretty salty. I hate messing with live bait but mullet aren't that bad. When the waters dirty it doesn't feel like I am cheating either unless I have to use a cork.