SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

View Poll Results: Best Duck gun
Benelli 18 32.14%
Beretta 15 26.79%
Browning 14 25.00%
Remington 5 8.93%
Mossberg 2 3.57%
Winchester 2 3.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988
Default Best duck gun

In your opinion, whats the best all around duck gun?

Benelli

Beretta

Browning

Remington

Mossberg

Winchester
Old 12-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 652

Beretta and its not even close.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Mossberg by far. I haven't shot a lot of the others but, the cost of them would keep me from doing with it what I will do with mine. It's been a paddle, a pushpole and a stake driver in the blind! If I were to do that with a $1500 gun, I'd turn it on myself when I was done!

Oh yeah, it shoots birds DEAD too! Kicks like a mule but, that makes you want to make each shot count!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

All of the above since I believe it is a personal preference and not a better than the other question. If you can't "Choote", it doesn't matter how much it cost or who made it. Guns are just "Tools" no differrent than a hammer or saw and I can't use either very well even if I bought the "Best". Guess it is our spirit that makes us want the newest and bestist on the market and we get "Sold" every time. Marketing and Credik have lured us down the road to ruin for many years. If most folks had to pay cash for a new gun, they would not be "Chooting" Beretta's,Benelli's,ect., they would opt for an "Express" or "Mooseberg". My favorite gun is a SBE I, wife found it NIB and paid cash for $300 less than guy who bought it paid 2 weeks before.
I did not need it but it sure is a nice gun and has been a work horse for 20 yrs. Guns don't kill ducks,People Do.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

I agree with Southern151 other than I like the 870 express. There are times with a wounded bird, I have to react fast. I may set my gun down on mud covered items, bloody birds or even bang it around on the bottom of the boat so I can crank it up to get to a wounded bird. I wouldn't treat a $1500 gun the way I do the 870. $220 when I bought it. New.

Last edited by QUACKHEAD; 12-09-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

I love my benelli
Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Mossberg by far. I haven't shot a lot of the others but, the cost of them would keep me from doing with it what I will do with mine. It's been a paddle, a pushpole and a stake driver in the blind! If I were to do that with a $1500 gun, I'd turn it on myself when I was done!

Oh yeah, it shoots birds DEAD too! Kicks like a mule but, that makes you want to make each shot count!

I shoot a benelli supernova ($400 brand new) but i use my gun in the same way as you ..... i was thinking of getting the SBEII , but i was like man i can use it the same way .... so i'll just stick to my $400 gun.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,142

I use a Marlin single shot 22......when ya good you don't need no shotgun!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

camo benelli super black eagle. The coating is awesome as far as rain,mud,grime,etc. Extremely slick operating gun.
3+1
Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
All of the above since I believe it is a personal preference and not a better than the other question. If you can't "Choote", it doesn't matter how much it cost or who made it. Guns are just "Tools" no differrent than a hammer or saw and I can't use either very well even if I bought the "Best". Guess it is our spirit that makes us want the newest and bestist on the market and we get "Sold" every time. Marketing and Credik have lured us down the road to ruin for many years. If most folks had to pay cash for a new gun, they would not be "Chooting" Beretta's,Benelli's,ect., they would opt for an "Express" or "Mooseberg". My favorite gun is a SBE I, wife found it NIB and paid cash for $300 less than guy who bought it paid 2 weeks before.
I did not need it but it sure is a nice gun and has been a work horse for 20 yrs. Guns don't kill ducks,People Do.
I completely agree Raymond... Used to shoot a browning bps and it was a great gun....I do love my SBEII though(and I didnt even have to use credik to buy it)
Old 12-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

870 Express hands down! You can abuse the **** out of that gun and still work like the day you bought it, i have been through a few shotguns and i have had my wingmaster for a longgg time and its by far my favorite out of my Mossberg, Browning, and Benneli.
Never owned a berretta or winchester though

I had that supernova, i thought that sucker kicked like a mule but that might just be me lol i got rid of it quick.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Benelli

But like raymond said, it's personal preference. I just don't like the feel of a Beretta, very long forearm and bulky. Remington too heavy. Was hunting with my cousin in Whiteville the other morning and he shoots an 11-87. He pulled up to shoot and his forearm cracked right down the middle and fell off. I got some zip ties and rigged him up so he could finish the hunt. I grew up shooting Remington and Browning autos. I like the Browning and hear the Maxus is pretty sweet. But never held one before.

Last edited by specktator; 12-09-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Banned

I like pumps and over & unders, so browning got my vote. If I were going auto, i'd go benelli.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 677

I love my Browning BPS. The thing is sweet. If I had to buy another gun today it would be the Browning Maxus. The only complaint I have with my BPS is that it's quite a bit heavier than most guns out on the market now. Other than that, I have no complaints. The camo synthetic has held up extremely well over the 10 years I've owned it and the guns stills operates like new.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Call a gun smith and ask him.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA1125 View Post
I love my Browning BPS. The thing is sweet. If I had to buy another gun today it would be the Browning Maxus. The only complaint I have with my BPS is that it's quite a bit heavier than most guns out on the market now. Other than that, I have no complaints. The camo synthetic has held up extremely well over the 10 years I've owned it and the guns stills operates like new.
I also enjoy shooting by Browning BPS. Only problem that I have is that certain brands of 3 1/2" shells like to hang up and jam after shooting, Kents being the worst about it.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 652

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUACKHEAD View Post
I agree with Southern151 other than I like the 870 express. There are times with a wounded bird, I have to react fast. I may set my gun down on mud covered items, bloody birds or even bang it around on the bottom of the boat so I can crank it up to get to a wounded bird. I wouldn't treat a $1500 gun the way I do the 870. $220 when I bought it. New.
Why? It's a duck hunting gun, that is what it is made for. I could see if it was a nice wood stock over/under, but regardless of price it is made to take the abuse and trust me I abuse the hell out of mine.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 919

Benelli all the way the novas are unstopable in four years of serious abuse it only failed once it frose up solid during the last years big freeze.I also have the be1 I got it used earlier this year and it will will keep up with the nova.just dont ever buy no crappie fiochi shells from bucks fins and feather there trash there was four duds in one box
Old 12-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 606

I shot a 870 for years.. Last year I bought a franchi I-12 I got tired of pumping .. I'll never go back to a pump for duck hunting
Old 12-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Quote:
I got tired of pumping ..
Thats what she said!

Shot an remington 11-87 for years...A FRIGGEN TANK! Heavy but reliable as hell accept for low brass shells...she didn't eat them too well. My maxus has been spotty but I think it may be the shells.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .