SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:03 PM
jsmoke222000's Avatar
jsmoke222000 jsmoke222000 is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 419
Cash: 599
Default Big Lake with W

Well I met up with W @ heberts @ 5:45 AM. The wind was blowing like hell out of the NE & the water looked like a toilet bowl the morning after a crawfish boil! We headed out to try our luck anyway. It actually turned out to be a really nice day. We fished for 12 hours. After it was all said & done we had 18 specks & 5 sand trout in the box. We caught 2 Bull reds that W tagged & released. One red was 29" & weighed 11.5 lbs. W caught his red on 10 lb test line! It was 40" & weighed 20 lbs! I am uploading the video of W catching the red to youtube right now. i will post in a few minutes when it is done.






http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9916/p1010915.jpg



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:07 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,852
Default

i've done heard the story..croaker soakers



good catch though...red is bigger than waltrip
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:08 PM
jsmoke222000's Avatar
jsmoke222000 jsmoke222000 is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 419
Cash: 599
Default

Here is the video.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uNY8r-G9Ws
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Mediumheavyaction6'6's Avatar
Mediumheavyaction6'6 Mediumheavyaction6'6 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,295
Cash: 3,088
Default

tagging and releasing that is a really cool thing to do. sounds like ya'll had a nice day even though it didn't seem like it was going to be.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,729
Default

That Berkley 10lb test is Bad azz
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Deadly D's Avatar
Deadly D Deadly D is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,957
Cash: 3,835
Default

done caught all the fish off that spot time to find another one
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 PM
southern151's Avatar
southern151 southern151 is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gonzales
Posts: 8,705
Cash: 3,446
Default

You sure those aren't mullets you're taggin in those pics? That looks EXACTLY like the mullets you said I must have been chasing all day!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:20 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
That Berkley 10lb test is Bad azz


just like me



Nice haul though
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:22 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,729
Default

I bet we traveled over 100 miles today.....Went to JB rocks then back to lake then back to beach ,back to channel, then back to jetties ,then back to beach ,then back to jetties ,then to channel and finally lake............Jsmoke ..does that cover it???
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:24 PM
Bluechip's Avatar
Bluechip Bluechip is offline
The Camp Cook....
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur, La.
Posts: 10,295
Cash: 13,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
That Berkley 10lb test is Bad azz
Thats what I use also...Berkley Big Game 10lb.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Salty's Avatar
Salty Salty is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 25,447
Cash: 3,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmoke222000 View Post
Well I met up with W @ heberts @ 5:45 AM. The wind was blowing like hell out of the NE & the water looked like a toilet bowl the morning after a crawfish boil! We headed out to try our luck anyway. It actually turned out to be a really nice day. We fished for 12 hours. After it was all said & done we had 18 specks & 5 sand trout in the box. We caught 2 Bull reds that W tagged & released. One red was 29" & weighed 11.5 lbs. W caught his red on 10 lb test line! It was 40" & weighed 20 lbs! I am uploading the video of W catching the red to youtube right now. i will post in a few minutes when it is done.






http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9916/p1010915.jpg



You boil crawfish in the toilet?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:30 PM
jsmoke222000's Avatar
jsmoke222000 jsmoke222000 is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 419
Cash: 599
Default

You forgot Moss Lake! Opps, I wasn't supposed to say that! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: House
Posts: 10,432
Cash: 1,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I bet we traveled over 100 miles today.....Went to JB rocks then back to lake then back to beach ,back to channel, then back to jetties ,then back to beach ,then back to jetties ,then to channel and finally lake............Jsmoke ..does that cover it???
Sounds like my last 2 trips with Jordan.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: House
Posts: 10,432
Cash: 1,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmoke222000 View Post
You forgot Moss Lake! Opps, I wasn't supposed to say that! LOL
You can laugh all you want. I got them coordinates last week.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:40 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
You can laugh all you want. I got them coordinates last week.

That spot is over with until next year!!!!....You bunch of crumb snatchers:***** :
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Salty's Avatar
Salty Salty is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 25,447
Cash: 3,291
Default

Text to Salty:

"Stop hating because Fontenot didn't put you on no big trout and I have been smoking em ever since!!!"


Sorry, live bait don't impress me none.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Capt. Ryan Rachunek Capt. Ryan Rachunek is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Text to Salty:

"Stop hating because Fontenot didn't put you on no big trout and I have been smoking em ever since!!!"


Sorry, live bait don't impress me none.
X2..... Any idiot can catch them on live bait...... Reddy is a prime example....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ryan Rachunek View Post
X2..... Any idiot can catch them on live bait...... Reddy is a prime example....
Capt Crunch....Live bait....WRONG!!! I have used live bait 2 times in 15years...yesterday was one of them....But only caught 4 or 5 trout.........then went back to artificial..I haven't boated a trout over 3lbs on live bait!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Jordan's Avatar
Jordan Jordan is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DeRidder,LA
Posts: 10,399
Cash: 2,434
Default

I HAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u seen that hoss the other day ??? I had to get my binoculars out to see your 7oz... i mean lb trout !!! and you were less than 100 feet from me !!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Salty's Avatar
Salty Salty is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 25,447
Cash: 3,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Capt Crunch....Live bait....WRONG!!! I have used live bait 2 times in 15years...yesterday was one of them....But only caught 4 or 5 trout.........then went back to artificial..I haven't boated a trout over 3lbs ever!!!!
Fixed ya up................
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map