SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-09-2014, 02:40 PM
grizzon30s grizzon30s is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 96
Cash: 625
Default New Duce same problems?

So duce is back up and running it seems. I've seen new rods on their website and ive heard mention of it on this website. I own and still use several of their rods and have always been happy with the product itself. Service left a lot to be desired. I have an issue that I need help with and it seems so far their service is no better under the new management. Emails and calls go unanswered just like before. What a shame, I really hoped they would change for the better so I could continue to support local and use their good products.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-09-2014, 05:20 PM
BayBolt23's Avatar
BayBolt23 BayBolt23 is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Scott,La.
Posts: 3,923
Cash: 5,473
Default

PM Hitinitdaily, he'll hook u up
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:51 AM
grizzon30s grizzon30s is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 96
Cash: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayBolt23 View Post
PM Hitinitdaily, he'll hook u up
Thanks but that's kinda besides the point. I support local companies for a couple reasons. I like to help my local community and because I expect that it would be easier to get service locally. It's just frustrating when you realize that you can almost send a rod back to a national company out of California and have the thing back prior to your local guys even returning an email.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:41 AM
BuckingFastard's Avatar
BuckingFastard BuckingFastard is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Carlyss
Posts: 1,180
Cash: 2,247
Default

dang, sucks to hear that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:41 AM
BuckingFastard's Avatar
BuckingFastard BuckingFastard is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Carlyss
Posts: 1,180
Cash: 2,247
Default

hey h20 express has great warranty!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:07 AM
shellman's Avatar
shellman shellman is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kaplan
Posts: 3,232
Cash: 1,650
Default Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzon30s View Post
Thanks but that's kinda besides the point. I support local companies for a couple reasons. I like to help my local community and because I expect that it would be easier to get service locally. It's just frustrating when you realize that you can almost send a rod back to a national company out of California and have the thing back prior to your local guys even returning an email.
Thanks for the feedback. Made my mind up on Deuce rods.Thanks.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Goooh's Avatar
Goooh Goooh is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Broussard
Posts: 5,660
Cash: 7,166
Default

Par
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-10-2014, 02:33 PM
bayouchub bayouchub is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: la
Posts: 965
Cash: 2,478
Default

Im sure theres a good explanation. They may be out of town. Just sit tight.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-10-2014, 05:59 PM
grizzon30s grizzon30s is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 96
Cash: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellman View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Made my mind up on Deuce rods.Thanks.....
Out of town shouldn't matter with a business. Just saying. That was the problem with the old owners. They were always out of town running power boats or doing whatever and not taking care of their business!
I did however hear from cade and had the opportunity to meet him. He went above my expectations on my broken rod. He really did. I talked to him for a while and he is well aware of the company's previous problems. He knows that lots of people liked the rods but hated the service and I agree. He is determined to give better service. I experienced it today, time will tell if it will last. I hope he can make this company work, I really do. I got a chance to play with the new rods and they are great. I even bought one. That should say a lot. I was like many others, loving the rods but not willing to give duce another dime until I felt like I was making a good investment. A rod of that cost is an investment after all. So I gave them another chance, maybe time will show me to be a fool, but I think not. I think that duce finally has an actual business man in place to run things; otherwise I would have kept my money in my pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-10-2014, 06:39 PM
mriguy's Avatar
mriguy mriguy is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Barber Spur, LA
Posts: 5,007
Cash: 5,100
Default

Glad it worked out for you.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Quackhead62's Avatar
Quackhead62 Quackhead62 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maurice,La
Posts: 935
Cash: 1,389
Default

I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. Cade responded to my email the same day and with in a few days my new rod was at my door. And this rod was 2 years old and he held up their end of the warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Lake Chuck Duck's Avatar
Lake Chuck Duck Lake Chuck Duck is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lake Chuck
Posts: 5,810
Cash: 10,142
Default

What exactly does a duce rod warranty consist of?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:31 PM
specknation specknation is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hammond
Posts: 567
Cash: 465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
What exactly does a duce rod warranty consist of?
That's what every sucker on this site that bought one would love to know. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:59 PM
grizzon30s grizzon30s is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 96
Cash: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
What exactly does a duce rod warranty consist of?
He said he is giving a 5yr warranty on the rods he is selling now.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 PM
fishinpox's Avatar
fishinpox fishinpox is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: baton rouge
Posts: 8,470
Cash: 5,266
Default

Lmao here we go again... Duce.... Pttttf .....you ever wanna ruin a business?? Let the guys from Duce run it for a week!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-11-2014, 09:10 AM
BuckingFastard's Avatar
BuckingFastard BuckingFastard is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Carlyss
Posts: 1,180
Cash: 2,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Lmao here we go again... Duce.... Pttttf .....you ever wanna ruin a business?? Let the guys from Duce run it for a week!
haha yep
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-11-2014, 09:59 AM
BassYakR's Avatar
BassYakR BassYakR is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 3,551
Cash: 405
Default

sounds to me like they are goin good now... maybe I misread what grizzon30s posted.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-2014, 10:04 AM
BuckingFastard's Avatar
BuckingFastard BuckingFastard is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Carlyss
Posts: 1,180
Cash: 2,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
sounds to me like they are goin good now... maybe I misread what grizzon30s posted.
definitely misread it
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-2014, 10:08 AM
BassYakR's Avatar
BassYakR BassYakR is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 3,551
Cash: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzon30s View Post
Out of town shouldn't matter with a business. Just saying. That was the problem with the old owners. They were always out of town running power boats or doing whatever and not taking care of their business!
I did however hear from cade and had the opportunity to meet him. He went above my expectations on my broken rod. He really did. I talked to him for a while and he is well aware of the company's previous problems. He knows that lots of people liked the rods but hated the service and I agree. He is determined to give better service. I experienced it today, time will tell if it will last. I hope he can make this company work, I really do. I got a chance to play with the new rods and they are great. I even bought one. That should say a lot. I was like many others, loving the rods but not willing to give duce another dime until I felt like I was making a good investment. A rod of that cost is an investment after all. So I gave them another chance, maybe time will show me to be a fool, but I think not. I think that duce finally has an actual business man in place to run things; otherwise I would have kept my money in my pocket.
Sure sounds like a happy customer to me!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-11-2014, 10:11 AM
grizzon30s grizzon30s is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 96
Cash: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
sounds to me like they are goin good now... maybe I misread what grizzon30s posted.
I was initially upset. But then they made everything right. Just wanted to make sure I posted the good with the bad.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map