SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 11-16-2014, 09:51 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913
Default Bayou Pigeon

Its been a while since I've done a fishing report on this site, for the last two months I've fished bayou Pigeon and prior to the last two months I haven't fished it since the new size regulation and the 7 bass limit. each time I've fished I fished a small club tournament. Last year when I fished the basin I've caught several fish, most were undersize but there where days I fished where I caught a least 30 fish and had 3-5 keepers. Now, when I've fished in the basin, i've caught less fish and have had less throw backs but have fished 8 hours a day and caught less than 10 fish a day and most being 12-14inch fish. So ever since the regulation change I've caught less fish and I haven't caught hardly any small bass (small being less then 12 inches). so I'm thinking the sacalait fishermen are keeping the small bass they catch with there brim and sacalait. Just a hypothesis, but I'm definitely wondering if the WLF still does a study on the bass population after all the study that they did prior to the change. If anyone has experienced the same thing or have had different results from fishing in the atchafalaya basin please share! Also if anyone plans to fish out there anytime soon catfish lake has some good water and we caught some nice bass later in the afternoon after the water warms up a few degrees.