SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 709
Default Vacation Time

Hey guys looking for any advice. Going east to orange beach/perdido key area. Been there few times but bringing my bay boat(227 Sportsman) along this time. If the weather is cooperative will hit gulf/beach but if not will stay inshore. Any advice on fishing spots or other family friendly activities are welcome. My wife and kids love the beach but I plan on getting some fishing in, can not sit around that long !!!!
Old 04-26-2017, 01:40 PM
Flounder

Cash: 650

I usually start checking out the Pensacola Fishing Forum reports a few weeks before I go that way. I've never fished the Perdido Key area, we normally go to Pensacola, but the site has some good info.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Redfish

Thanks Josh, I been looking online for reports and found few sites. The Pensacola fishing forum seems to be down though
Old 05-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,109

I have fished the big lagoon area. I waded from the state park. There are some good grass beds all over in there. Caught some good trout early in the morning on tops.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Flounder

Cash: 469

I've Been bringing my boat to Orange Beach the last two years and must say that both trips have been very enjoyable. We stay at the Caribe on the bay side that has a dock area on site.(pretty expensive if you dont rent directly from the Caribe). Haven't totally figuared out the trout and redfish bite yet but we do catch lots of fish when we go. There are four artificial reefs on the bay side in Orange Beach that are marked on my Hot Maps that usually produce a few fish. Have located some grass beds that hold some trout early and late in the day. Will take "CorkieB"s advice and try the Big Lagoon area this year. Good Luck and please report if you get on a good trout bite.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Redfish

Thanks Oldsettlemant2, I will post what we catch.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Redfish

We got back from Florida a while back, the wind was howling every day when we were there so fishing was tough. Caught a few fish at Perdido Pass while hiding from wind. Not sure what kind of fish there were, but fun to catch some different species. On the calmest day took family ridding on boat an stopped at the little islands kids had a blast.