SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Well after SEVEN weeks I got my truck back. They finally gave me a rental after I cursed out the service manager after about a month of being on foot.

Been back in truck for about 2 weeks now but haven't been through any rain yet. Well....it rained hard yesterday. My truck is full of water. Leaking 10x worse than it was before. I'm at a loss at what to do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Swordfish

Old 03-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

That sucks...

I recently traded in my Ford 4x4 Ecoboost since I had 105K miles even though I had no issues (was a good truck). However, I decided on a Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4. So far so good and my fuel economy is just as good as the Ecoboost and Toyota really changed the inside of the truck.

You would think the dealership would of took a water hose and sprayed water on the top of truck and wind shield area of the truck to determine where the water leak was coming from. That is what I did with my sons truck and determined it came from the sunroof.....drain hose got kinked I guess while Safelite changed out his windshield.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Well after SEVEN weeks I got my truck back. They finally gave me a rental after I cursed out the service manager after about a month of being on foot.

Been back in truck for about 2 weeks now but haven't been through any rain yet. Well....it rained hard yesterday. My truck is full of water. Leaking 10x worse than it was before. I'm at a loss at what to do now.

Man, that is pathetic at best!
Old 03-13-2017, 09:21 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

That sucks
Call your lawyer
Old 03-14-2017, 06:17 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

You have gap insurance?
Old 03-14-2017, 06:25 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post

that's ridiculous man! have you tried running a hose on top to see where it is coming from?

I have a friend who replaces windshields and other glass on vehicles, he's awesome for finding leaks. He told me water leak's are usually in the windshield or the sunroof. If no one else can find the leak, maybe try a place that changes windshields. Sorry for the terrible luck.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:38 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
that's ridiculous man! have you tried running a hose on top to see where it is coming from?

I have a friend who replaces windshields and other glass on vehicles, he's awesome for finding leaks. He told me water leak's are usually in the windshield or the sunroof. If no one else can find the leak, maybe try a place that changes windshields. Sorry for the terrible luck.

My cousin owns the Top Shop in Opelousas. Does warranty work on sun roofs. I called Courtesy and told them I just wanted to bring it to him but of course they won't cover the bill bc they said it needs to go back to where it was done previously. So I have to bring it to AOK Glass on Pinhook in Lafayette. I'm going to give them one more shot since it's free. But if that doesn't work, I'm just going to bring it to my cousin and come out of pocket. Just ready for this crap to be over!

Old 03-14-2017, 10:05 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 767

I'm assuming you have all your dates and timeline documented? Call the 800 number in your owner's manual. Lay out the timeline, any expenditures for rental, as well as your conversations with the dealership. They should assign one person to your case so that you don't have to re-tell the story every time you call. The Ford rep should reach out to the dealership and build a fire under their a$$. I again recommend trying to contact the owner of the dealership also. Just because you lit into the service manager doesn't mean the general manager and\or owner have any idea how badly they are hosing you.