SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fisherman View Post
Better safe than sorry. Lightning can strike in the clear air ahead of, and especially behind the storms. I had lightning strike 40 miles after the rain ended a few weeks ago. I'm not making this up. It had cleared out, and absolutely jarring thunder happened. Checked the app, and it was right down the road. I'm in Alexandria, and the rain had cleared Bunkie. I'm a meteorologist, and I occasionally chase tornadoes. I take pics from the car with windows up, because I don't fool with lightning. I can stay a safe distance from a tornado. Lightning is a different animal.
You ever come chasing down around B.R. Holler at me . I can video and still shoot.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

My biggest fear is lightning. Had a couple close calls when i was young and it stuck with me ever since. Anyone who knows me can tell u im deathly afraid of it. If i see a cloud turning dark in the direction i have to go i start game planning. I had it pop really close to me one time in toledo bend. So close that you could smell like the atmosphere burning. Weird. Then one time stopped at a stop sign south of lc 2 horses standing under a chicken tree got popped. One dropped dead and the other took off across the field with his mane on fire. Came back later and he was dead in the field. Been terrified ever since.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 969

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
You ever come chasing down around B.R. Holler at me . I can video and still shoot.
Sounds good! I can't believe I haven't seen a waterspout in all my beach time. I'm sure it'll happen.