SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Flounder

Cash: 440
Default Fresh Water City Boat Launch

Does anyone know what kind of shape the launch is in? I haven?t been down there in a few years, I have a 33? cat I want to launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2018, 08:46 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 716

There is some talk that it will soon be closed and a new launch will open at Freshwater City a little further down the road.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

I launched there Wednesday.. I can launch a 33 cat.. But it is shallow.. Canal is shoaling in.. U can launch out of ICY and run freshwater bayou.. But with U in hayes.. I'd drive to Rockefeller and fish out of there.. Way more platforms out in EC and WC Blks.

There is hardly anything left as for as platforms on the Verm BLKs... But with a 33 cat Im sure U are headed way out... The opener is looking bad weather wise with a tropical low headed this way...

Thks

Gunner
Old 05-21-2018, 05:29 PM
Flounder

Cash: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
I launched there Wednesday.. I can launch a 33 cat.. But it is shallow.. Canal is shoaling in.. U can launch out of ICY and run freshwater bayou.. But with U in hayes.. I'd drive to Rockefeller and fish out of there.. Way more platforms out in EC and WC Blks.

There is hardly anything left as for as platforms on the Verm BLKs... But with a 33 cat Im sure U are headed way out... The opener is looking bad weather wise with a tropical low headed this way...

Thks

Gunner

Thanks Gunner. I was actually looking at running out to the old Bullwinkle rig it a long run but FWS is closer. I generally run about 130 miles out on an a long day or if I spend a night out. I was just thinking of something different and a little tuna action. The RS are close they are only 30-40 miles out right now. I made a trip out a couple of weeks ago for mahi mahi and noticed that some rigs I fished last year at the 30-50 mile range are gone. The RS are still there but the platform is MIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk