SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156
Default Tee Butte

I / We need a Tee Butte Report. I know several of y'all must have ventured out there this weekend.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

Didn't get that far but water all the way from lil bay to Indian point is very dirty with minimal pockets of half way decent water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Spoke to a friend who works at Tiger Shoals.. Waters choc. milk all the way to the south end of TS..

ON the other hand.. We went in search of the extinct Red Snapper out of Rollover Sat. Morning on the Triton.. Winds was rippin out of the NE. Water was really nice about at the 3 mile mark.. It was really rough in the morning but slicked off around 1 pm.. We had to hit 3 platforms but got our limit of snaps... Current was rippin with the FULL MOON. So Snaps were NOT there where I left them 2 weeks ago.. Largest was about 14#.. The rest were 7-8#, but the Triton only burned 14 gals. That's with the motor running all day *** the current and waves made it hard to set up on the fish...I think fish were holding close to bottom but really all in the Platform. I'd mark some fish then we would drop down, catch fish... Cleaned snaps and they were FULL of crabs the size of a Qtr. I mean FULL. Could not buy a snap on dead or cut bait... All snaps were caught on live mullet. Water temp is rising a little .. 72.5 to 75 deg. Can wait until it gets to 80 so I can put my new JBL speargun to work.. It's going to be fun killin them big snaps in 42' of water.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Spoke to a friend who works at Tiger Shoals.. Waters choc. milk all the way to the south end of TS.
Must have cleaned up, because it looks pretty great now in Tiger Shoal and the T Butte area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tiger Shoal.JPG (56.7 KB, 562 views)
Old 04-26-2016, 07:05 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Spoke to a friend who works at Tiger Shoals.. Waters choc. milk all the way to the south end of TS..

ON the other hand.. We went in search of the extinct Red Snapper out of Rollover Sat. Morning on the Triton.. Winds was rippin out of the NE. Water was really nice about at the 3 mile mark.. It was really rough in the morning but slicked off around 1 pm.. We had to hit 3 platforms but got our limit of snaps... Current was rippin with the FULL MOON. So Snaps were NOT there where I left them 2 weeks ago.. Largest was about 14#.. The rest were 7-8#, but the Triton only burned 14 gals. That's with the motor running all day *** the current and waves made it hard to set up on the fish...I think fish were holding close to bottom but really all in the Platform. I'd mark some fish then we would drop down, catch fish... Cleaned snaps and they were FULL of crabs the size of a Qtr. I mean FULL. Could not buy a snap on dead or cut bait... All snaps were caught on live mullet. Water temp is rising a little .. 72.5 to 75 deg. Can wait until it gets to 80 so I can put my new JBL speargun to work.. It's going to be fun killin them big snaps in 42' of water.

hey we are thinking about making a snapper trip in our bay boat this year. We figured pecan island was our best shot, since we shouldn't have to run out that far, but we don't know how far we'd have to go. Would you mind sharing how far out you normally have to go in order to find some?
Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

I've caught them in 45ft earlier in the season...spring. Best to start at 60ft. If you can get out to the V119's you are going to find them, work west from there (80ft or so at 119). Also, if you bring some light jigs or Sabiki rigs and catch some small live bait you increase the odds of larger fish.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

They be in state waters out of PI right now. The Rock or Cameron is also a good launching point. Water is a little less than 80' at 119.

Guys.. All U need is 40' of water to catch RS.. I've seen Lg. Female RS's suspended at 15' in 42' of water.

I fished off of fourchon in the ST Blks, first week in March when I was staying in GI. About 6 miles out.. We could see cars passing on Hwy 1.

All the nice ( 8-12#) RS you want along with some mangroves. Just like trout fishing or learning where to Catch trout in BL.. U got to put in the time.. It's also a good idea to have a scuba diver with U so he can tell u where the RS are located on the platform. )))))))

The challenge is finding platforms that are still in place in that shallow of water. Verm 119 (5) platforms are coming out this summer if they are not be pulled as I type this.

Last edited by biggun; 04-26-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Ling

Quote:
They be in state waters out of PI right now. The Rock or Cameron is also a good launching point. Water is a little less than 80' at 119.

Guys.. All U need is 40' of water to catch RS.. I've seen Lg. Female RS's suspended at 15' in 42' of water.

I fished off of fourchon in the ST Blks, first week in March when I was staying in GI. About 6 miles out.. We could see cars passing on Hwy 1.

All the nice ( 8-12#) RS you want along with some mangroves. Just like trout fishing or learning where to Catch trout in BL.. U got to put in the time.. It's also a good idea to have a scuba diver with U so he can tell u where the RS are located on the platform. )))))))

The challenge is finding platforms that are still in place in that shallow of water. Verm 119 (5) platforms are coming out this summer if they are not be pulled as I type this.

thanks for the report biggun! I can't wait to give it a shot!
Old 04-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Quote:

Dang, 119 is out there, GE shows 30 miles out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4-26-2016 11-58-01 AM.jpg (110.3 KB, 429 views)
Old 04-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:

We used to catch snapper pretty close in (around 20 miles) out of Cameron but you had to change techniques. We pitched queen cachahoes tipped with shrimp into the platform and freelined until they hit. ( they would only hit bait falling through the zone)
Old 04-26-2016, 02:03 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
Dang, 119 is out there, GE shows 30 miles out.
further than I want to go.... where did you get that map? That is pretty sweet!
Old 04-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Red Snapper

It is a FREE kml overlay for Google Earth. Im all about free stuff.

http://nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/

Makes it easy to find those platforms pads after the platform is removed., drop a placemark on the black dot, convert to .usr for lowrance, and in the unit ya go without entering a single number.

All ya gotta do then is head out. But i will tell you this, having sidescan makes finding them faster and easier.

Let me know and I will make a video on how to convert the files.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Ling

Quote:

Makes it easy to find those platforms pads after the platform is removed., drop a placemark on the black dot, convert to .usr for lowrance, and in the unit ya go without entering a single number.

All ya gotta do then is head out. But i will tell you this, having sidescan makes finding them faster and easier.

sweet! Appreciate that! I believe I have everything shown there on my garmin already, but I enjoy looking around at everything at the computer. We just got a new boat and we have side scan, I can wait to put it to use! Can you usually still see the legs or no?
Old 04-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Ling

Quote:

I found the PDF, where did you find the .kml on the site?
Old 04-26-2016, 05:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

Quote:
Verm 119 (5) platforms are coming out this summer if they are not be pulled as I type this.
I have fished at that group and beyond since the mid '70's. That microwave tower was always a bit of a landmark which usually meant we were is fishing water when we reached that point on the way out and halfway home on the way in for day trips. Made a lot of bait there and the red buoy that was a couple of miles south of it on the way to the Quida's. Kinda sad to see them pulled.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:54 PM
Red Snapper

Here is the direct link.

http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/c...essraster.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (60.3 KB, 312 views)
Old 04-26-2016, 07:02 PM
Red Snapper

Check this one out as well.

http://earthnc.com/kml/earthnc-online.kmz
Old 04-27-2016, 09:29 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

4-27-16: Finally caught a few trout between Marsh Island and Rollover. Live bait only (Shrimp and Croakers).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1176.jpg (61.8 KB, 212 views)
Old 04-27-2016, 11:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrchip1 View Post
4-27-16: Finally caught a few trout between Marsh Island and Rollover. Live bait only (Shrimp and Croakers).

Looks like a couple good ones in there
Old 04-28-2016, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,471

Nice little pile of fish!