SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 03-29-2014, 03:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514
Default Question for diesel guys

How do. Do you all know about how people put copper sulfate in ponds to kill alge. If so you will understand if I ask if there is a way to do that for stagnat tanks in the 500-600 galon range.
If you eer had a alge problem you understand preventing it from happening again is a priority.
So the next question is what adverse situitanals do you for seed for putting copper sulfate in diesel. As I wonder if it might not be good for old motors with da incress in sulfides in the low sulfer blends.
Next how is it that on land red diesel costs less than on the coast. I came to understand died fule was always at least a dollar cheeper than the highway clear kind.

Thanks and no I never put it in a tank yet. Jus looking for a pluss pluss solve for a problem I foresee could come up on my boat.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:28 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
How do. Do you all know about how people put copper sulfate in ponds to kill alge. If so you will understand if I ask if there is a way to do that for stagnat tanks in the 500-600 galon range.

If you eer had a alge problem you understand preventing it from happening again is a priority.

So the next question is what adverse situitanals do you for seed for putting copper sulfate in diesel. As I wonder if it might not be good for old motors with da incress in sulfides in the low sulfer blends.

Next how is it that on land red diesel costs less than on the coast. I came to understand died fule was always at least a dollar cheeper than the highway clear kind.

Thanks and no I never put it in a tank yet. Jus looking for a pluss pluss solve for a problem I foresee could come up on my boat.

Red diesel is just regular diesel that is died to differentiate it from the typical consumer diesel. Red diesel is sold under different tax rates than standard diesel, which is why the average consumer can get in trouble for having it.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:02 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Fuel always costs more on the coast, even if it is the off road diesel
Old 03-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Redfish

Cash: 767

Oreilly's
Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Silver View Post
Oreilly's
x2
Old 03-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Dog, I would be very careful putting any additives in your tank. Most will clog your racor filters with dead microbes. I would look for a mobile fuel polishing system to go to your boat and polish your fuel. From then on only use Valvtech diesel from local marinas; they already have special additives to prevent most algea and sludge build-up in your tank. Most diesel start to breakdown 120 days after refining! Keep your tanks full. avoids water in your tanks and then use the boat as often as you can. Most problems with fuel comes from boat sitting up for extended periods. If that boat hasn't been used in 2 years get rid of the fuel in those tanks!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Dog, I would be very careful putting any additives in your tank. Most will clog your racor filters with dead microbes. I would look for a mobile fuel polishing system to go to your boat and polish your fuel. From then on only use Valvtech diesel from local marinas; they already have special additives to prevent most algea and sludge build-up in your tank. Most diesel start to breakdown 120 days after refining! Keep your tanks full. avoids water in your tanks and then use the boat as often as you can. Most problems with fuel comes from boat sitting up for extended periods. If that boat hasn't been used in 2 years get rid of the fuel in those tanks!
Yep yep and yep.
My thoughts too. Additives can degrade your tanks. Alcohol ESP. On the fiberglass tanks.
Also got any names on polish guys.
Another thing is valvtech a red diesel.
Yes sitting does a lot more than grow alge in diesel it rusts cylinders and other componits of big motors

It seems a few places have red for boats but I never heard the valv thing mentiond.

Above posts........

Yep red diesel is tax different but off road ,farm trucks, etc can use it including oil rigs.

If the little green bottle has alcohol in it I will never touch it but I plan to look it up and see what's in it.

My big ideer was mainly higher sulfides as 1970 N72's were made for 1970's diesel which smelled like rotten eggs if any of you are old enough to remember.
They run better with the red stuff which has higher sulfer.

Heck I wonder if some of you are old enough to have noticed the trucks running like crap when they started takeing the sulfer out.

Anywho thanks guys I was about to remove post as no one replied for days.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:02 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
x2
Nope nope nope.........if it doese what it says it has a solvent in it. Very very bad for fiberglass.

To brake down water a solvent is needed. To keep fule from separating from water or stratagem anation of fuel a solvent is needed.

Fiberglass don't do no good wit solvents it brakes down and turns to moosh after time.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

for your old diesels that dont like the new high sulphur content(dry) diesel....use automatic tranny fluid in it...keep your receipts fr the tranny fluid and diesel and DOT cant do you anything if they test your fuel and find it with a red tint...autotranny fluid will boost cetane and lubricate all the parts...cheap and done!!

Sent from an Apple Tree..
Old 03-31-2014, 10:26 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldsc View Post
for your old diesels that dont like the new high sulphur content(dry) diesel....use automatic tranny fluid in it...keep your receipts fr the tranny fluid and diesel and DOT cant do you anything if they test your fuel and find it with a red tint...autotranny fluid will boost cetane and lubricate all the parts...cheap and done!!

Sent from an Apple Tree..
Um ok but u seen what dat tran fluid does to rubber.

An I ment 71N nubbies rolled too two.

I got a pair of flip flops dat stuff et da tred off. An I bet u can improve traction of tiers by putting it on treds too! I bet u leave rubber at 2 mile an hour wit trans mittun fooid .
Old 03-31-2014, 10:46 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Found it

VALVTECT fuels
Old 04-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Hey Dog, where is the boat docked? I do know a few guys who offer polishing/tank services along the gulf coast. That boat has naturals, not turbos? Them Naturals are bullet proof...DDs will out last you if they're taken care of...nothing to get over 10,000 hrs off these engines before a rebuild. Those naturals are normally found on the LRC Hats. If ya lookin at a sportfish convertible then your cruisin' speed should be around 17 knots; right at planning speed w/ those engines. Are the engines 71 or 92s?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Hey Dog, where is the boat docked? I do know a few guys who offer polishing/tank services along the gulf coast. That boat has naturals, not turbos? Them Naturals are bullet proof...DDs will out last you if they're taken care of...nothing to get over 10,000 hrs off these engines before a rebuild. Those naturals are normally found on the LRC Hats. If ya lookin at a sportfish convertible then your cruisin' speed should be around 17 knots; right at planning speed w/ those engines. Are the engines 71 or 92s?
71's
I will hit u up for services later.

N in non turbo or some say natural aspirated . Easy to work on and bit cheeper in cost to repair. A monkey with a lawn mower wrench could figure out the number of valves needed.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:
Nope nope nope.........if it doese what it says it has a solvent in it. Very very bad for fiberglass.

To brake down water a solvent is needed. To keep fule from separating from water or stratagem anation of fuel a solvent is needed.

Fiberglass don't do no good wit solvents it brakes down and turns to moosh after time.
yea i didnt see anywhere in your original post about it being fiberglass. just assumed it would be plastic or metal like most gas tanks
Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
yea i didnt see anywhere in your original post about it being fiberglass. just assumed it would be plastic or metal like most gas tanks
No problem I'm doing the same as you but opisit .most newer sport fishers have fiber glass tanks and it's a big deal to replace them. Some have them replaced allredy du to additives as they began to leek and or bulge due to braked own.

The trick is to find an older year with tanks replaced allredy so you don't have that expense to worry about. Hard trick to do.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 500

Hey Ratdog how are you doing? Did you get your boat yet? I miss your post's on the other forum and will be glad when you can come back. If you got a boat what did you get? Do you have pics? Take care sir.....Scott
Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocracokenc View Post
Hey Ratdog how are you doing? Did you get your boat yet? I miss your post's on the other forum and will be glad when you can come back. If you got a boat what did you get? Do you have pics? Take care sir.....Scott
Not yet Scott. But I'm close.

Right now Argent trust and Delhomme Funeral Home are the Bain of my existence. Argent is proveing to be rather incompatant. I do not recommend them for anything. Apparently executors have to go to classes to learn about accountant basics and issues that trusties allready know. They have less than 30 days before they get served. Nothing good about what they are doing. And I have never gotten a straight answer or even correct info. Two months ago I was told things that would happen in a week that just now happend. They are telling other trust members one thing and others another. I have found out more about what goes on there from the secitary than the firm it's self.

As fare as the idea of and with fear of loosing credibility in the persuet of a boat I have nothing else to say other than come hell or high water I'm going to be living on a 53' hatteras.

I might add I have two prospects as usual and have dropped persuet of several others due to fishy brokers and inconsistent info, screwey survey info,boat condition learned from others, and lack of true statements. Finding a good boat is a ruff thing to do. And most people look at my personal inabilitys such as poor spelling and now some statements I believed were backed by Argent and get the same old ideas about me which result in poor treatment and shotty service. Again all I can say is believe in me and watch what you say or in other words be nice and you will be able to enjoy a day or two with me and my buddy the tuna on board " Rat Dog" .

I know this is a public forum so I apologize if you "reading this " work for or a have a family member that works for Argent. But my statements are true and when my dealings with them are done I will never recommend them or have much good to say.

Only thing I look forward to is the adoption of new babies "12V71N's" and sleeping in the gulf aboard my new home. Enjoying fresh sushi and views of sunrises and sunsets berry few partake in. Traveling in my home to other countries and enjoying privileges I already own and sharing my time left here on earth with people who deserve it.

W.E.James jr.

Rat Dog ---
Li'l Rat ---18' 1973 custom skiff.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Great White

Quote:
Not yet Scott. But I'm close.

Right now Argent trust and Delhomme Funeral Home are the Bain of my existence. Argent is proveing to be rather incompatant. I do not recommend them for anything. Apparently executors have to go to classes to learn about accountant basics and issues that trusties allready know. They have less than 30 days before they get served. Nothing good about what they are doing. And I have never gotten a straight answer or even correct info. Two months ago I was told things that would happen in a week that just now happend. They are telling other trust members one thing and others another. I have found out more about what goes on there from the secitary than the firm it's self.

As fare as the idea of and with fear of loosing credibility in the persuet of a boat I have nothing else to say other than come hell or high water I'm going to be living on a 53' hatteras.

I might add I have two prospects as usual and have dropped persuet of several others due to fishy brokers and inconsistent info, screwey survey info,boat condition learned from others, and lack of true statements. Finding a good boat is a ruff thing to do. And most people look at my personal inabilitys such as poor spelling and now some statements I believed were backed by Argent and get the same old ideas about me which result in poor treatment and shotty service. Again all I can say is believe in me and watch what you say or in other words be nice and you will be able to enjoy a day or two with me and my buddy the tuna on board " Rat Dog" .

I know this is a public forum so I apologize if you "reading this " work for or a have a family member that works for Argent. But my statements are true and when my dealings with them are done I will never recommend them or have much good to say.

Only thing I look forward to is the adoption of new babies "12V71N's" and sleeping in the gulf aboard my new home. Enjoying fresh sushi and views of sunrises and sunsets berry few partake in. Traveling in my home to other countries and enjoying privileges I already own and sharing my time left here on earth with people who deserve it.

W.E.James jr.

Rat Dog ---

Li'l Rat ---18' 1973 custom skiff.

All this time I thought you just sold a bunch of pottery at the farmers markets to be able to afford a sportfisher. Hope it all works out for you
Old 04-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
All this time I thought you just sold a bunch of pottery at the farmers markets to be able to afford a sportfisher. Hope it all works out for you
I did a lot of things. An I can't do most of them anymore. I am and have a disability. Part of which is a situation that will result in a surgery some time in the future. I will have a scar from my ars hole to my head. It's a mater of anatomy and as I refuse to get cut while I still can get around I can't lift all that clay stuff anymore. I might be able to throw a pot or two but that's it. I can do much any more. My plan is to fish as much as I can and that intales driveing the boat and putting a rag tag crew on deck. I don't have much hope for finding a neuro surgeon I trust but I meet with one in three weeks for a better idea of how long I can go and what treatments I can continue with. The only meds avalable here in La. Are addictive ware as in Co. I was doing better with alternative treatments.
Pottery was a good way to put my mind to rest. Especially when I started thinking of things to come. But now I am left with fishing.
So we will see.
The pluses for living on a boat out way those of a big house and yard especially now.
Although I miss pottery and growing wild oyster mushrooms. I now look forward to fresh tuna and visits to dominican republic. Jamaca, hati, keys, and cruseing with jimmy Buffett on the stero.
So if you bought a piece of pottery keep it safe and use it as much as u can. It's a piece of acadiana realized threw lost techniques and a love for the art. I thought my self to be able to do what I did and am proud of the fact no one else has showed me a piece with the same tech. And oragen. I have seen pieces as old as 200 years that Match the clay but no other modern pieces. True Cajun pottery. Like no other. A little tidbit about the clay is the small fish scales that are incorporated with natural gold colored mica and roots from long dead oak trees.all things you would see if you dug your own clay from the vermilion and the bay.
Also if you find one of my Griss Griss dolls you might want to take it seriously due to the ties to the area. There is a seriously large amount of strength and heredity behind them. Not a rag doll with bows and trinkets but something taken from the earth and fashioned into a tool for use by only the right people.

Now back to diesel and sulfides .
Old 04-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Great White

Quote:
I did a lot of things. An I can't do most of them anymore. I am and have a disability. Part of which is a situation that will result in a surgery some time in the future. I will have a scar from my ars hole to my head. It's a mater of anatomy and as I refuse to get cut while I still can get around I can't lift all that clay stuff anymore. I might be able to throw a pot or two but that's it. I can do much any more. My plan is to fish as much as I can and that intales driveing the boat and putting a rag tag crew on deck. I don't have much hope for finding a neuro surgeon I trust but I meet with one in three weeks for a better idea of how long I can go and what treatments I can continue with. The only meds avalable here in La. Are addictive ware as in Co. I was doing better with alternative treatments.
Pottery was a good way to put my mind to rest. Especially when I started thinking of things to come. But now I am left with fishing.
So we will see.
The pluses for living on a boat out way those of a big house and yard especially now.
Although I miss pottery and growing wild oyster mushrooms. I now look forward to fresh tuna and visits to dominican republic. Jamaca, hati, keys, and cruseing with jimmy Buffett on the stero.
So if you bought a piece of pottery keep it safe and use it as much as u can. It's a piece of acadiana realized threw lost techniques and a love for the art. I thought my self to be able to do what I did and am proud of the fact no one else has showed me a piece with the same tech. And oragen. I have seen pieces as old as 200 years that Match the clay but no other modern pieces. True Cajun pottery. Like no other. A little tidbit about the clay is the small fish scales that are incorporated with natural gold colored mica and roots from long dead oak trees.all things you would see if you dug your own clay from the vermilion and the bay.
Also if you find one of my Griss Griss dolls you might want to take it seriously due to the ties to the area. There is a seriously large amount of strength and heredity behind them. Not a rag doll with bows and trinkets but something taken from the earth and fashioned into a tool for use by only the right people.

Now back to diesel and sulfides .
The quality of the workmanship and your passion for it definitely showed up in the finished product sorry you arent making anymore.