SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > Offroad Forum (4x4 & ATV)

Offroad Forum (4x4 & ATV) Discuss anything to do with offroad sports here, including ATVs, mudding in your truck, etc.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104
Question Oil temp

My brother got a Yamaha Wolverine from the junkyard when FEMA was gonna crush some. They were crushing some nice 4 wheelers. Anyway, I took it to the woods today to fill feeders and hang a stand. I ran it around my house all day and today. I ran it for about 30 combined minutes in the woods and when I went to start it to leave, the oil temp light started blinking and it wouldn't start. Unhooked the battery and it still did it after about an hour. Got home just now after 2 hours, and its still doing it. Anyone have any insight?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464
Headknocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron man View Post
My brother got a Yamaha Wolverine from the junkyard when FEMA was gonna crush some. They were crushing some nice 4 wheelers. Anyway, I took it to the woods today to fill feeders and hang a stand. I ran it around my house all day and today. I ran it for about 30 combined minutes in the woods and when I went to start it to leave, the oil temp light started blinking and it wouldn't start. Unhooked the battery and it still did it after about an hour. Got home just now after 2 hours, and its still doing it. Anyone have any insight?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

DID you check the oil ? If the oil is full you should remove the fuel cap and then take the rest of it back to the junk yard.

It could be low oil or a clogged oil filter. If it has an oil cooler it could be plugged as well. If none of this works refer to first statement.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner18 View Post
DID you check the oil ? If the oil is full you should remove the fuel cap and then take the rest of it back to the junk yard.

It could be low oil or a clogged oil filter. If it has an oil cooler it could be plugged as well. If none of this works refer to first statement.
Haha. That's all I will say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Why was FEMA crushing them at a junk yard? Check the stuff Kenner18 said, but also if it sat for 2 hrs the oil light should have went off. I'd also try chasing some electircal gremlins on it, oil temp sensor/sending unit. I don't even know where it is located on there but I'd check that. Have fun, Ice down beer before chasing gremlins, don't feed them after midnight and don't get them wet!!! No bright lights!!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,543

Good advice!

Quote:
Have fun, Ice down beer before chasing gremlins, don't feed them after midnight and don't get them wet!!! No bright lights!!
Lmao!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (51.0 KB, 58 views)
Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Oil cooler was plugged up with what looked like mud. Checked the oil and added as needed. Got it started now.

FEMA was going to crush 4 4 wheelers a few weeks back and my cousin works for FEMA said don't crush them, he'll take them. 2 were older Yamahas a newer Kodiak, and 1 was a Polaris Sportsman. The Polaris and the Yamaha Kodiak weren't in bad shape. My brothers Wolverine and the Kodiak don't run too bad at all. They will need tires though.