SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 07-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Another new experience.

The same 2 guys decided to stay another day and decided to try for some red snapper. Once again we had to stand down while a band storms passed the area.

The first rig we went to had a bunch of snags and the few the boat next to us were landing were small. On the way to the next rig in state waters I decided to hit some rocks near the pass and pick up a few reds. The water was stirred up and the fish that were there the day before were not there. Off to our next stop. We started drifting the up current side of the rig. It took a while for them to stop trying to set the circle hook and I lost some bait. Our first one was another first for these guys and they could not believe how hard the red snapper fought.

Dad hooked up next

We watched the Cougar catching a few also as we did a quick job on our limit of 2 fish per person. The son's second one.

And Dad's second one.

We moved into a bay close by looking for some specks and reds. I found a patch of clean water but all we found was hard head catfish and sail cats before the storms drove us out of the area and once again in early. This one, just building, already had lightning in it or the lightning was coming from the one right next to it. Either way it all came together right over us. The winds got strong, the sky got very dark, and I did the 6.5 miles across the bay at 45 mph.

They only took one red snapper for the evening meal and gave me the other 3 which I cleaned up and gave the fillets to some people in the neighborhood. I brought the carcasses to my Vietnamese neighbor along with the bellies, throats, and rib cages. Nothing was wasted on these. The biggest was 29 inches long.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM